NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-31-2008, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Default How is the Wilmington, MA, Shriner's Auditorium Show so far?

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

I'm hoping to be able to make the last day of the show on Sunday. How has the show been so far?

Thanks,

Patrick

Old 10-31-2008, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rawn Hill

A fellow board member and I will be thre in the mornimg save some things for us. Long drive from Maine.

Rawn

Old 10-31-2008, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Greg Theberge

Rawn,

Will be there in the morning. Hope to run into you if I can figure out who is who.

greg

Old 10-31-2008, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott S

I'll still plan on meeting up with folks around 1:00 in the food area if that's still the plan as mentioned in the other thread...

Scott

Old 10-31-2008, 08:24 PM
Administrator

I'll be there and looking forward to seeing some of your thing Greg. I'm not hard to spot, look for the guy with a white streak in his hair looking for Carrigan stuff, I'll be there around 10:30 and will meet up at the lunch table at 1.

Rawn

Old 11-01-2008, 04:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan Elefson

Hi-
I will be at the snack area at 1:00! I am short, fat, and have a large moustache and goatee, so I should not be too hard to miss either. See you there!
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com

Old 11-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott

It looks like due to babysitter issues I won't make it until closer to 2:00pm. See you then. I'll be wearing a yellow Bruins hat and a red zipper sweatshirt.

Scott (ubiqty)

Old 11-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Administrator

It was great to meet a couple of members today, Steve, Alan and Steve. Found a couple of things, an M116 and a 1905 Holy Cross baseball field dedication post card with you know who. Not a lot of things for me, but it was a great time.

Rawn

Old 11-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Phil

Was thinking about going on Sunday. I am mainly interested in T206s. Would it be worth my while? I would have to drive 1.5 - 2 hours to get there. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Many T206's anyone you had in mind. there was a huge quantity, but not for me.

Rawn

Old 11-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Administrator

I have been focusing on SGC graded T206s. Any ideas on pricing? Are there ever any "bargains" at a big show like this? I am comfortable with about $50 for a SGC50 T206 "common". Thoughts?

Old 11-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Administrator

There were a ton of pre-war cards there. Didn't run into anyone. Would have been a good idea to see pics of you guys....ended up asking strangers if they were you and that ended pretty quick. Posted in another section, but picked this rare beauty up

Old 11-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Most were ungraded and the dealers need to put a price on their stuff, I hate to ask on every card. Some very high grade with equally high prices, but they know the deal. They were willing to deal a bit late today and tomorrow should be better.

Rawn

Old 11-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Erich

I would definitely make the drive - lots of great pre-war cards to choose from. Plenty of T206 - both graded and ungraded.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Thanks guys for the feedback. Would I be way off by thinking that I could get some T206 SGC50 commons for about $50? Any additional feedback on the T206s at the show today would help me make my mind up for a drive in the morning or not. Would like to get home to watch the Packers kick off at 1:00. Thanks again for the info guys!

Old 11-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Phil,

I didn't see a lot of raw material, but wasn't really looking for cards. The raw Planet of the Apes cards were cheap though! To be honest, if you've never been to the show you owe yourself the opportunity to go. It's probably the closest thing to a National out this way. It's a huge show with about half new and half vintage. There are MANY dealers. I honestly wasn't expecting to pick up anything when I went today but just like going to see what's happening. I just love browsing and taking it all in. I got lucky with the postcard. As far as prices, anything pre-war usually doesn't come cheap, but you never know what you'll find. All of the auction companies were on hand, as were, I believe, all of the heavy hitter authenication/grading companies. It's just a fun time.
Greg

Old 11-02-2008, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim Caravella

This is from my blackberry outside the show. Doors open in 5 min. Looking forward to my first show this size. Hopefully will have something to add to the pickup thread later.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott S

Sorry I missed meeting up with folks yesterday. I got delayed and didn't get there until about 1:30 yesterday. Great show, although I didn't pick up much, since prices seemed high across the board. This is indeed a show you don't want to miss if you're anywhere in the area though....

Old 11-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

I went to the show today, and I found the offerings to be few and far between. I usually attend the first day of the show. Not only were the pickings slim, but several of the vintage dealers that usually do the show were not in attendance. Terry Knouse wasn't at his booth since he decided to attend a local paper show. I did get to say hello to Pete Calderon at the Heritage table.

Patrick

Old 11-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan Elefson

Hi-
It was great meeting Steve, Steve, and Rawn, although I regret the foul up over meeting Greg and others. For me, this was an excellent show, as I sold/traded what I came with and left with several nice items (well nice to me anyway) for my collection. Patrick, I have no doubt that by Sunday the picklings were slim, as it was very busy Saturday (and the really good stuff probably went Friday), and a lot of N.E. dealers tend to pack it up early on the last day. I also received a flyer at the show for the same show to be held in June or July (I forget which) 2009, with a second show in its usual slot in early November 09. This could become like the old BC High Show (inside late 80s-early 90s MA card show reference) if demand warrants it.
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com

Old 11-03-2008, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy

I had a great time at the show and was able to talk with a few members

thanks for stopping to talk

Alan, Toby, Erich, Rawn and Steve

Hope you all had a good show

Jimmy