NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-02-2018, 02:55 PM
Lar.ry Buch.heim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Thank you. I am sure much more could be said about that ID, but for now, one might wonder why it received feedback from the ID that Daniel has acknowledged is his.[/url]
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...3426&FORM=VIRE
Old 04-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Scott Russell

I'm sure there has been a witch hunt on the boards somewhere along the line over the years with a blameless victim, but man I've never seen a company that's doing things right have SO many questions to answer. The volume alone of different issues raised has to make one worry.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 04-02-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:06 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
I'm sure there has been a witch hunt on the boards somewhere along the line over the years with a blameless victim, but man I've never seen a company that's doing things right have SO many questions to answer. The volume alone of different issues raised has to make one worry.
I can only equate to money > morals.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:11 PM
Jeff Lar.son

What we're seeing here is what happens when someone not used to being open and honest tries to fake it.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:22 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Thank you. I am sure much more could be said about that ID, but for now, one might wonder why it received feedback from the ID that Daniel has acknowledged is his.

Positive feedback rating Excellent buyer! Very fast payment! A++++++++++++++++++++++ Seller: Member id sipeemend1 ( Feedback Score Of 123Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past month

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...ab=AllFeedback
I wouldn't think one would have to wonder long to reach a logical conclusion.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:25 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I wouldn't think one would have to wonder long to reach a logical conclusion.
Oh I am sure there is innocent explanation, as there has been for everything else that has been questioned so far.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Al Richter

Looks almost like suicide by chat board.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:34 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Oh I am sure there is innocent explanation, as there has been for everything else that has been questioned so far.
And unfortunately there will be those who continue to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe whatever bs they come up with to justify their actions.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Infomercial

The advantages of telling the truth.

1. Everybody gets the same answer.

2. You do not need to remember which lie you told to which person.

3. Making all your stories consistent with each other can be a formidable challenge, because people talk even on a respected Internet forum.

4. Getting caught in a mis-statement and trying to cover up for it can get awfully messy.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
The advantages of telling the truth.

1. Everybody gets the same answer.

2. You do not need to remember which lie you told to which person.

3. Making all your stories consistent with each other can be a formidable challenge, because people talk even on a respected Internet forum.

4. Getting caught in a mis-statement and trying to cover up for it can get awfully messy.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
Walter Scott knew of what he spoke, eh?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:21 PM
Kev1n @1les

All I know is that if it ever hits the fan for me, I want Peter as my defense lawyer. He would be all over discovery. No stone would be unturned. If the law thing doesn't work out, he could have a job as an investigative reporter or a detective. I mean this in the most respectfull of ways possible and tip my hat to the ability to find everything. When they came on the board originally, I thought, "They seem like nice guys, I hope that it all works out ok. I wonder why people are being so hard on them" and then, bam, all of the evidence uncovered in real time.

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set
Old 04-02-2018, 04:39 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

maxresdefault.jpg

♫ We are strong, no one can tell us we're wrong
Searchin' our auctions for so lo-ong
Both of us knowing
We are Battlefield... ♫

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:42 PM
James
James Kin.chen

There is one thing I can't get out of my head concerning the PSA Authentic Aaron. The Candiman auction ended March 11th. Assuming 2 days to send out invoices, the invoice would go out March 13th. The auction rules says payments are due no later than 2 weeks from the invoice days. So the buyer would have until March 27th to make payment. The eBay auction for the Aaron ended March 26th at 1 am. It looks like most of the current listings are 5 day auctions so lets assume that the Aaron was. The Aaron would have been listed the night/early morning of March 21/22. That is several days before the deadline to make payment. I didn't check to see which cards had bids in the main auction but several other cards ended within a day or 2 of the Aaron. Did all of the non paying bidders email or contact Candiman and tell them that they would not be sending payment before the payment deadline? Non payers typically don't tell you that they won't be sending payment, they just don't send it. So, what happened with the 2 weeks to send payment? This is another thing that can be added to the list of issues with Candiman.
James

Edit to add: I forgot to add a day or two for the cards to be shipped to Arkansas.

AUCTION RULES:

8. Payment: Invoices will be sent to all winning bidders within 3 business days after the auction by e-mail. Hard copy invoices will only be sent to those customers who request them and will contain all of your auction totals, including the items you won, shipping and insurance costs and tax if applicable. A copy of the payment instructions will also be enclosed with your invoice. Any bidder who has not paid in full without having made prior arrangements for late payment will have future bidding privileges revoked. Invoices are payable upon receipt with payment due no later than two weeks from date of invoice.

Last edited by jfkheat; 04-02-2018 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:45 PM

Default Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailes2872 View Post
All I know is that if it ever hits the fan for me, I want Peter as my defense lawyer. He would be all over discovery. No stone would be unturned. If the law thing doesn't work out, he could have a job as an investigative reporter or a detective. I mean this in the most respectfull of ways possible and tip my hat to the ability to find everything. When they came on the board originally, I thought, "They seem like nice guys, I hope that it all works out ok. I wonder why people are being so hard on them" and then, bam, all of the evidence uncovered in real time.

I am glad this circus act has been undressed!

Toby Petersen

Last edited by bigfish; 04-02-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:50 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
There is one thing I can't get out of my head concerning the PSA Authentic Aaron. The Candiman auction ended March 11th. Assuming 2 days to send out invoices, the invoice would go out March 13th. The auction rules says payments are due no later than 2 weeks from the invoice days. So the buyer would have until March 27th to make payment. The eBay auction for the Aaron ended March 26th at 1 am. It looks like most of the current listings are 5 day auctions so lets assume that the Aaron was. The Aaron would have been listed the night/early morning of March 21/22. That is several days before the deadline to make payment. I didn't check to see which cards had bids in the main auction but several other cards ended within a day or 2 of the Aaron. Did all of the non paying bidders email or contact Candiman and tell them that they would not be sending payment before the payment deadline? Non payers typically don't tell you that they won't be sending payment, they just don't send it. So, what happened with the 2 weeks to send payment? This is another thing that can be added to the list of issues with Candiman.
James

Edit to add: I forgot to add a day or two for the cards to be shipped to Arkansas.

AUCTION RULES:

8. Payment: Invoices will be sent to all winning bidders within 3 business days after the auction by e-mail. Hard copy invoices will only be sent to those customers who request them and will contain all of your auction totals, including the items you won, shipping and insurance costs and tax if applicable. A copy of the payment instructions will also be enclosed with your invoice. Any bidder who has not paid in full without having made prior arrangements for late payment will have future bidding privileges revoked. Invoices are payable upon receipt with payment due no later than two weeks from date of invoice.
I don't think Daniel ever said the cards got shipped to Arkansas. Just he had a friend(LOL) there selling them for him. I do have this sneaky suspicion we will find out soon though.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:50 PM
Tony

Quote:

Unless, of course, and probably, everything done from one location, including shill bidding. I wonder if we could contact simple site and ask for IP addresses of bids. I would think that if proved that could lead to criminal fraud like in the Mastro Case.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:53 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
Unless, of course, and probably, everything done from one location, including shill bidding. I wonder if we could contact simple site and ask for IP addresses of bids. I would think that if proved that could lead to criminal fraud like in the Mastro Case.
Shill bidding is not illegal everywhere. Would have to find out the law in Daniels location.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:56 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
James

AUCTION RULES:

James great point but already made in post 142.

Old 04-02-2018, 04:57 PM
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Shill bidding is not illegal everywhere. Would have to find out the law in Daniels location.
That I certainly did not know; I would think that {shill bidding} is a conflict of interest and theft by deception, unless there is a published reserve.
Perhaps, Scott can confirm; but this was my interpretation, with regards to shill bidding. [I]

In most states, the seller or their agent (which can certainly include the auctioneer) may be allowed to bid on behalf of any minimum reserve prices set by the seller, as long as “SUCH BIDDING IS DISCLOSED” to the bidders. This is also the primary difference between “shilling” and “protecting the reserve”.

There are basically two ways to “protect the reserve”. One method method is to “Pass” the item, if it does not meet the reserve. The other is “bidding on behalf of the reserve” and may only be done if DISCLOSED to the bidders (note the emphasis). Some auctioneers may also use a consignor bidder number or “house number”, in such cases that the reserve is not met, to keep things flowing smoother and allows for tracking during settlement of the auction. The key point is “DISCLOSURE”. If the auctioneer has not disclosed that such bidding may be allowed, then it would be considered “shilling” and would be considered fraudulent bidding.

With regards to ebay; this is there take
Shill bidding can happen regardless of whether the bidder knows the seller. However, when someone bidding on an item knows the seller, they might have information about the seller's item that other shoppers aren't aware of. This could create an unfair advantage, or cause another bidder to pay more than they should. We want to maintain a fair marketplace for all our users, and as such, shill bidding is prohibited on eBay.

Last edited by cardsnstuff; 04-02-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:42 PM
Rick McQuillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockledgeSportsCards View Post
I may be the lucky recipient of the cancelled e-check,

Here's the timeline....
$7400 worth of lots were won on 3/13/2018....
Sent non paying bidder alert on 3/17/2018....
Paypal payment of e-check sent on 3/20/2018...
Noticed Paypal payment cancelled on 3/27/2018...

AFTER E-CHECK PAYMENT WAS CANCELLED
I advised other ebay users I know, what his ebay ID, name and location was so they can block the ebay id..
This is interesting. This user id only has 6 feedbacks left for them in the past 6 months, all as a buyer. There haven't been any items that sold for which feedback has been left during the past 12 months. They do not have any items for sale at this time, and there are not any items listed under "completed listings" or "sold listings".

So, all of a sudden, $7400 worth of cards were sold, all at once, when nothing has been sold during the past year? What is up with that?

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:53 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
This is interesting. This user id only has 6 feedbacks left for them in the past 6 months, all as a buyer. There haven't been any items that sold for which feedback has been left during the past 12 months. They do not have any items for sale at this time, and there are not any items listed under "completed listings" or "sold listings".

So, all of a sudden, $7400 worth of cards were sold, all at once, when nothing has been sold during the past year? What is up with that?
It's a buying ID not a selling ID. He bought $7400 worth of cards which he did not pay for.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Ben North

Quote:

Unless I am reading your post wrong you have the buyers ID and the sellers ID mixed up.

The buyer Daniel(Candiman) has the 6 feedback and not the seller that got screwed by Daniel.

The guy that got screwed has a feedback rating of 19,385 and has over 20K item listed for sale now.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:18 PM
Randy Trierweiler

If you look at the feedback LEFT by the Lexus account, it is very colorful. The last 7 transactions they left feedback for are all negative, and they left 31 negative feedbacks during the life of that account. Most had to do with retaliation for Lexus paying late.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:22 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

“Candiman Auction” cards that were won, yet posted just a day or two later on eBay?

There have been a couple of threads about “Candiman Auctions” that I have followed. Didn’t I see a post from Leon, where Leon said a Net54 member contacted Leon after bidding on the auction (for some reason I think the amount bid was $3,000 but I could be wrong). The bidder wanted information about Candiman Auctions, and Leon pointed this person to one of the Candiman threads.

Today, Daniel said “we had a handful of bidders who won items contact us informing us that they would not be paying because they didn't read this forum prior to bidding in our auction.”

Maybe this would explain why some cards went up on eBay so quick? The winners said they were not going to pay?
Old 04-02-2018, 07:15 PM
Rick McQuillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Unless I am reading your post wrong you have the buyers ID and the sellers ID mixed up.

The buyer Daniel(Candiman) has the 6 feedback and not the seller that got screwed by Daniel.

The guy that got screwed has a feedback rating of 19,385 and has over 20K item listed for sale now.

OK, so let me get this straight. In post 129 Peter asks about lexus1584. Are you saying this is a buying account for Candiman? If so, what is the eBay ID of the person who sold the $7400 worth of cards to them?

Thanks, Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:21 PM
Ben North

Quote:
OK, so let me get this straight. In post 129 Peter asks about lexus1584. Are you saying this is a buying account for Candiman? If so, what is the eBay ID of the person who sold the $7400 worth of cards to them?

Thanks, Rick
Yes lexus1584 is one of many of Daniels(Candiman) eBay IDs.

The seller Daniel didn't pay and them come on here and lied about is rockledgesportscards.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:22 PM
St3phen M@rchillo

Quote:
If so, what is the eBay ID of the person who sold the $7400 worth of cards to them?

Thanks, Rick
Poster from #146
Old 04-02-2018, 08:21 PM
Peter Spaeth

Default That friend in Little Rock, Arkansas

So a friend of mine in out West bought and paid for a lot in Candiman's ebay auction that ended last night. You know, the auctions where the cards are with Daniel's friend in Little Rock, Arkansas who is helping him out. Or so Daniel said in response to my question about why ebay shows the cards there. But the funniest thing is the tracking.

April 2, 2018, 8:59 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
MONTGOMERY AL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item arrived at our MONTGOMERY AL DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on April 2, 2018 at 8:59 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

April 2, 2018, 7:59 pm
Accepted at USPS Regional Facility

For context, Daniel's post from earlier in the thread.

"The location is Little Rock, AR because we have a friend that lives there that is selling our unsold/unpaid lots and excess inventory or lower grade inventory that's not high quality enough to put on the website. We don't have time to sell on eBay and run an Auction House at the same time. He's getting 10% of the sales price of every item that sells. It's a win for both of us. Is there a problem with us doing that too?"

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-02-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:30 PM
Robert Williams

LOL...So many lies...it's a wonder they can keep up with all of them. Keep on keeping on dudes.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:34 PM
Bob Andrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_spaeth View Post
so a friend of mine in out west bought and paid for a lot in candiman's ebay auction that ended last night. You know, the auctions where the cards are with daniel's friend in little rock, arkansas who is helping him out. Or so daniel said in response to my question about why ebay shows the cards there. But the funniest thing is the tracking.

April 2, 2018, 8:59 pm
arrived at usps regional origin facility
montgomery al distribution center
your item arrived at our montgomery al distribution center origin facility on april 2, 2018 at 8:59 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

April 2, 2018, 7:59 pm
accepted at usps regional facility
montgomery al distribution center

for context, daniel's post from earlier in the thread.

"the location is little rock, ar because we have a friend that lives there that is selling our unsold/unpaid lots and excess inventory or lower grade inventory that's not high quality enough to put on the website. We don't have time to sell on ebay and run an auction house at the same time. He's getting 10% of the sales price of every item that sells. It's a win for both of us. Is there a problem with us doing that too?"
download.jpg
Old 04-02-2018, 08:35 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
LOL...So many lies...it's a wonder they can keep up with all of them. Keep on keeping on dudes.
Oh I don't know Bob, maybe he mistakenly did not include some lots in the box he sent to Arkansas, and this just happens to be one of them. Anything is possible.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:54 PM
Jeff Lar.son

Notice how many of the lies he followed up with a question? That's common among someone who is lying since the person lying is trying to get you to focus on the question they're asking rather than the BS in their answer. The funny thing is, it's not as effective in print since everyone has time to evaluate the response and sift through the BS. It's interesting because this leads me to believe he is very used to lying in person as well.

Some examples...

"There are MANY eBay sellers who don't accept PayPal. If you have your own internet merchant account you don't have to accept PayPal on eBay. Getting your own merchant account is a long process which is why most people just give in and accept PayPal. We already have a merchant account for Candiman Auctions so why pay PayPal a higher fee? Isn't it smart business to save as much on expenses as possible when running a business?"

"I know you are dying to know what happened with the famous e-check so here's what actually happened. The e-check didn't bounce. We placed a stop payment on it with our bank when we found out that the owners of that company are apparently sharing our personal information without our permission. We won't do business with a company that is willing to hand out their customers personal information like that without their permission. Would you?"

"the location is little rock, ar because we have a friend that lives there that is selling our unsold/unpaid lots and excess inventory or lower grade inventory that's not high quality enough to put on the website. We don't have time to sell on ebay and run an auction house at the same time. He's getting 10% of the sales price of every item that sells. It's a win for both of us. Is there a problem with us doing that too?"
Old 04-02-2018, 08:59 PM
Peter Spaeth

Interestingly, the shipping label shows as being created in Houston, TX which means if I understand how the USPS software works that he must have a USPS account showing that as his return address.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Well....I sure hope you’re selective about applying what you were taught early in life from the parents who you’ve disavowed.
Very nice Dan!
Old 04-02-2018, 09:06 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Roll Tide

Expected Delivery by
Friday
6 April 2018 by
8:00pm
Status
In-Transit

April 2, 2018 at 9:00 pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

Note: my initial tracking verifying label printing also suggested Houston.

Imagine that, my recent "Little Rock" purchase from alt Candiman has also landed in Montgomery.

Candiman, candiman ----- Pants on Fire

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 04-02-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Jeff Lar.son

Quote:
Interestingly, the shipping label shows as being created in Houston, TX which means if I understand how the USPS software works that he must have a USPS account showing that as his return address.
Would it show like that if you simply changed the ship from zip code? I know you're able to do that when shipping - I do it frequently shipping from a different zip than where I live, but I often forget to switch it back and forth. The USPS apparently doesn't care that much according to my local P.O. What I'm wondering is if he's using that to his advantage by changing his ship from address to a different zone to save a bit of money on shipping.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Peter Spaeth

Forgive a brief interruption from John Prine/Bonnie Raitt

Make me an angel, that flies from Montgomery.

Now back to eschewing skullduggery.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batpig View Post
Would it show like that if you simply changed the ship from zip code? I know you're able to do that when shipping - I do it frequently shipping from a different zip than where I live, but I often forget to switch it back and forth. The USPS apparently doesn't care that much according to my local P.O. What I'm wondering is if he's using that to his advantage by changing his ship from address to a different zone to save a bit of money on shipping.
I really don't know. Tertiary issue anyhow. But I doubt Daniel would try to cheat the USPS, that wouldn't be doing things right.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-02-2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:24 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Forgive a brief interruption from John Prine/Bonnie Raitt

Make me an angel, that flies from Montgomery.

Now back to eschewing skullduggery.
i'm getting Mets, not Angels.

congrats on your runner up loss

my cigar is lit.

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:24 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Wonder when he will come on "one last time" and threaten to sue everyone...that is usually how this works, right? Post, Lie, say you are done, come on again, threaten to sue everyone, and then get banned?

Joshua
Old 04-02-2018, 09:26 PM
Jeff Lar.son

Quote:
I really don't know. Tertiary issue anyhow. But I doubt Daniel would try to cheat the USPS, that wouldn't be doing things right.
I agree. I bet that's what he's doing though. On Ebay, there's the address for the shipper, but there's a separate "ship from" zip code if you're shipping from a zip that's different than your shipping address. I doubt the USPS polices this much. Not that this is a huge issue, but it's pretty funny that a guy in Alabama has his friend in Arkansas shipping stuff from Texas for him.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:17 PM
Frank Evanov

Default Thanks

Thanks, Peter. Now Candiman has taken his ball and gone home.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:49 PM
Lar.ry Buch.heim

Quote:
I've had returns like this before. The seller changes the address before a return is requested so the eBay generated label will show the new address. Then it is changed back and the card is delivered to the "wrong address". Since it was eBay generated, their buyer protection will pay so the seller has the card, the money and free to scam again....this is also working with all counterfeits on eBay.

Last edited by PiratesWS1979; 04-02-2018 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:22 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
That I certainly did not know; I would think that {shill bidding} is a conflict of interest and theft by deception, unless there is a published reserve.
Perhaps, Scott can confirm; but this was my interpretation, with regards to shill bidding. [I]

In most states, the seller or their agent (which can certainly include the auctioneer) may be allowed to bid on behalf of any minimum reserve prices set by the seller, as long as “SUCH BIDDING IS DISCLOSED” to the bidders. This is also the primary difference between “shilling” and “protecting the reserve”.

There are basically two ways to “protect the reserve”. One method method is to “Pass” the item, if it does not meet the reserve. The other is “bidding on behalf of the reserve” and may only be done if DISCLOSED to the bidders (note the emphasis). Some auctioneers may also use a consignor bidder number or “house number”, in such cases that the reserve is not met, to keep things flowing smoother and allows for tracking during settlement of the auction. The key point is “DISCLOSURE”. If the auctioneer has not disclosed that such bidding may be allowed, then it would be considered “shilling” and would be considered fraudulent bidding.

With regards to ebay; this is there take
Shill bidding can happen regardless of whether the bidder knows the seller. However, when someone bidding on an item knows the seller, they might have information about the seller's item that other shoppers aren't aware of. This could create an unfair advantage, or cause another bidder to pay more than they should. We want to maintain a fair marketplace for all our users, and as such, shill bidding is prohibited on eBay.
I've only bid on a handful of things with a reserve, but have come up just short twice. Two different auctions, both live. At both, while I was waiting to check out the auctioneer told me what the reserve was since I was really close. (I think within $20 both times) Both times I bought the item for the reserve.
And a couple times I asked if I was close after the auction, and wasn't even remotely close.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:25 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesWS1979 View Post
I've had returns like this before. The seller changes the address before a return is requested so the eBay generated label will show the new address. Then it is changed back and the card is delivered to the "wrong address". Since it was eBay generated, their buyer protection will pay so the seller has the card, the money and free to scam again....this is also working with all counterfeits on eBay.
I hadn't thought of that.

I had thought that the items being sold don't have to be shipped to the seller. Most of us wouldn't since not having the item in hand while selling isn't a good practice. But if you trust someone to ship when they need to, it's doable. Like if I listed something for a family member in another state but they kept it and shipped when it sold.

Not that that's what's going on here.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:35 PM
James
James Kin.chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesWS1979 View Post
eBay would have record of the seller changing the address. All the buyer would have to do is call eBay and ask them to verify that it happened.
James
Old 04-04-2018, 02:12 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalcollector View Post
If you look at the feedback LEFT by the Lexus account, it is very colorful. The last 7 transactions they left feedback for are all negative, and they left 31 negative feedbacks during the life of that account. Most had to do with retaliation for Lexus paying late.
I seriously LOL'd at these feedback left for others:

Quote:
CARD IS A CLEAR COUNTERFEIT & SELLER IS TRYING TO STEAL MY MONEY! BUYERS BEWARE!
Quote:
CARD I RECEIVED IS NOT THE CARD PICTURED!! SELLER IS A FRAUD!! BUYERS BEWARE!!
Quote:
Look at my feedback moron! I only leave negative for bad sellers who deserve it!

Those are just rich.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:06 AM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

I'll take the latter!

Quote:
Well, it's either a non-paying bidder () or the house shilled up the auction because it wasn't going high enough. How many people are willing to believe the first explanation?
Old 04-04-2018, 03:20 AM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Most of us aren't reviewing the company, we are reacting to the thread THEY started in an effort to convince us they were not Battlefield, were doing everything right, were great guys, etc. It's just one more misdirection/red herring which seems to be their M.O.
To clarify... Didn't they start this thread only after someone here outed them as the famous Battles/Battlefield? So if that didn't happen, it would have never been brought up, correct?
Old 04-04-2018, 04:26 AM
Robert Williams

I just know I'll never bid in one of their auctions ever again. They do every trick under the book in order to get money.