NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-09-2009, 01:14 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Default Phony Cobb Fan on Ebay

Here's another bogus Ty Cobb Fan for a Fan. I don't know what's funnier... the Q & A posted by the seller, or his asking price. The Q & A is so fake and "set-up" that only the most ignorant/gullible of collectors would buy into it. I hope nobody out there bites... the way it's priced, I guess that's not a big concern.

While this listing is good for a laugh, I can't understand why ebay always lets these fake auctions run their full course. They are quick to terminate bogus cards and autographs, but seem to have no clue when it comes to fraudulent memorabilia.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...06#description
Old 05-09-2009, 03:58 AM
Dan McCarthy

If even one person thinks it's real, the seller has a best offer option, so someone could offer $250 and the seller could easily accept it. The asking price doesn't matter at all.

From the Q&A: "I HAVE APPRAISED MANY OF THESE, AND ALL LIKE THIS, ARE ORIGINAL A REPLICA CANNOT BE SPOTTED THRU A COMPUTER"

Ha, yeah... with a photo like that if he was selling it as a Henry Chadwick or Chief Bender fan I don't think I would be able to confirm or refute it.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:27 AM
Brock

Make that 2 bogus Ty Cobb fans on ebay right now. This seller has a similiar strategy; the original owner says it real, one dealer says fake, one says real. And scroll down to see that, of course, "The seller will not accept returns for this item". All bases covered by the seller.
He even references the one Mark linked as an orignal selling for $7500. So you are really getting quite a bargain.

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-FAN-FOR-A-FAN-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Mike H.

We should ask a question of the first with a link to the second. It would also be interesting to offer to sell three others "just like his" to him for $750 a piece.