NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-29-2005, 01:00 AM
Administrator

Default The Nationals & a Baseball Trip

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I was curious if any of the readers going to the Nationals would be interested in going to a few other ballparks within in the time frame of the Nationals? There are many ballparks within driving distance in a few days. respond or email me if anyone is interested.

Lee

Old 01-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: pete

lee...are you in MN? I thought I heard that. I'd consider it if I could get some time off?!

Pete

Old 01-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

yeah, we are both from the booksocks of MN. Rocky and Bullwinkle live close by. If we end up in Ohio, we will making a stop in Cedar Point. I am a roller coaster freak and have nevr been there. If I ride all the coasters there, I will be up to 204 different coasters I've ridden.

Jay

Wow upside down is Mom. Mom upside down is what dad wants to see.

Old 01-29-2005, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Pete, You are also from MN, correct? If so we'll have to keep in touch if you are planning on going to the Nationals.

I think I ran over Rocky J. Squirrel on the road back from work last night, sorry. Bullwinkle lost a friend.

Lee

Old 01-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Administrator

First ya kill the beavers around my place, now ya kill Rocket J? I dare ya to try and run over Bullwinkle with that piece of plastic you drive.

Jay

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- WOW, What a ride!

Old 02-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Marquette

bullet proof vests and weapons of mass destruction to defend ourselves, we could always try to catch a White Sox game.

Old 02-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh A.

It's not that bad at Sox Park!! I go to maybe 20 games a year and take the EL, never had a problem!

Old 02-04-2005, 12:44 PM
Administrator

is the Forum 54 group planning on a dinner together? Buying block seating for a Cubs game? What's up?

Old 02-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh A.

There are a couple good steak houses across the street from the Rosemont Convention Center, we could go there?

Old 02-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob

One of the best steakhouses in the city is Gibson's - which has a location right across from the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center.

Old 02-05-2005, 12:39 AM
Administrator

I hope that isn't the same steeak place (Gibsons) we went to the last time in Chicago. I order a $29 prime rib and they charbroiled the thing, I coouldn't believe they did that to a great piece of meat. We also had reserevation for 12, gave us a table that fit 9 very tight, and had no room for the Wentzs when they came around. Need less to say I was not impressed. But I will go eat were everyone decides.

Lee

Old 02-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

Which should be rare..what's wrong with char-broiled? Isn't that the way to cook steaks?

You're supposed to say "run it by the fire," or "knock it down and drag it in." Like the dry martini--you carry a bottle of vermouth by the glass of gin (or vodka).

Actually, I don't drink, but I grew up in Chicago, and char-broiled rare is the way I always got them.

Old 02-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Or you can order it like my buddy, "Just cook the moo out of it, I'll finish killing it."

Jay

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- WOW, What a ride!

Old 02-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Administrator

The whole outside was black, ruined the flavor of the prime rib. I may have to with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich if we go there this time, tough to screw that up.

Old 02-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Administrator

I am not sure I ever had my question answered concerning the Cubs games while the National is going on. Is it best just to contact the Cubs and get tickets now or what? I wasn't sure if someone here had an ":in" and could get us some block seating at a later date. I just don't want to miss out.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Administrator

If the Whiteys or Cubs are in town I will see if I can get any tickets thru my connection in the Twins organization. I will report back.

Lee