NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Default E101 apathy

Posted By: Mike Ernst 

Just curious---I've listed my E101 wants in two different months,(with no responses) and then posted, asking about relative scarcities within that set. I received only one response to that. Is there no interest in E101 for anyone on this site--am I doing something wrong?--Is that too elementary a set for here? Help me understand, because I don't want to be a pest, but am interested in that et.

Old 10-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Default E101 apathy

Posted By: petecld

Mike,

I don't mean this as harshly as it may sound but if you want a large number of responses to your wants start collecting tobacco cards. The tobacco supply is much greater than candy cards. Not everyone collects E101s and I don't know of any candy collectors who just have a bunch sitting around to sell. If they were common they wouldn't be as much fun to collect.

Who cares what others are collecting? Who cares if no one else collects this set? Doesn't mean you shouldn't. EVERYONE should collect what they like and if you like E101s why let lack of interest from other stop you???

E101s aren't common. You won't get a huge response unless someone just happens to want to sell what they have when you made your interests known. Timing is big factor in this hobby and so is patience.

Seriously, if you are impatinet about completeing a set I suggest you try for a tobacco set or if a candy set is a must then try for an E95 set.

As a whole E101s aren't offered at a steady rate.

Old 10-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Default E101 apathy

Posted By: JIM MANOS

MIKE I HAVE ABOUT 15 I CAN PART WITH INCLUDING A COBB AND A FEW OTHER HOFER'S. CONDITION VARIES. SORRY I HAVEN'T GOTTEN WITH YOU YET. YOU CAN CALL ME AT 614 791 9190 UP TILL 11 EST. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Old 10-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Administrator

Default E101 apathy

Posted By: Scott Elkins

I do have several - around half the set. Was going to work on it and an E92 Dockman set. However, just decided to put the Dockman together for now. So, I will consider even trading some E101's for some Dockmans I need (even though the Dockmans are much much easier to find!). Also, will consider selling. I looked in the Sept. and Oct. Buy/Sell/Trade threads and could not find your list. It is late here, and I might have simply overlooked them. Feel free to e-mail me your list at tycobb@optidynamic.com and I can let you know if I have any you might need. No Cobb, but I do have some toughies, horizontals (I believe I have all the Horizontals except Seigle) and HOFer's - even the Matty. I will also trade these very generously for Croft's Cocoa cards as well - just in case you might have any.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Default E101 apathy

Posted By: Robert A

I just don't have any to sell!

It's a fun set to collect, but like Pete Calderon mentioned, it might take a while. If the fun of the collecting the set wears off, then maybe it's not the set you really want to go for.

However, I do realize that sometimes people don't respond because they don't have anything relevant to add to your message which can be frustrating.

Good luck with the E101s.

Old 10-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Default E101 apathy

Posted By: petecld

Mike,

There you go. Gotta love this board sometimes. Also a few E101 hall-of-famers have been put up on eBay.

Ok, guys, how about helping me out with some E92 Nadjas.

Old 10-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Default E101 apathy

Posted By: Mike Ernst

Thanks to you who responded. I appreciate the input. I did T205 and T206 except the big three back prior to 1973 (still have them) and completed E98 at about the same time. After raising 4 girls and getting through most of a career, I'm ready to get back into cards--and have absolutely no interest in the new ones. (I've also got 48-55 Bowman and 52-90 Topps, but the proliferation just turned me off.) So, back into needles in haystacks!) (Probably will do E90-3 also, since I have some of those--but not much of anything to trade.)
Thanks again,
Mike