NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-14-2012, 08:54 PM

Default Need some autograph opinions from this seller

http://www.ebay.com/sch/chocolatebut...&_trksid=p3686

Some are authenticated, some not. How do they look? Any obvious fakes?
http://s241.photobucket.com/home/woundedduck/allalbums
Old 04-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Does it bother you that every signature cut, from Ty Cobb to A-Rod, was signed on the exact same type of paper.

Nice profit for the seller though.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:21 PM

Honestly there's only 1 of all of them I'm interested in. It's really only mid range in terms of value but a little more difficult to find. That pobably gives it away . I guess I was just hoping there was a chance it could be good. There may just be too many red flags. Probably best to just stay patient.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Jim M.arinari

i don't know enough about any of the others, but that Schmidt is the worst I have EVER seen! I have a ball that was signed by him while practically jogging to his car that is better than that.

Whoever signed it must have at just glanced at a real Schmidty.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Scott

I don't like the Dizzy Dean much, unless the last name was just sloppy. I glanced at some and they looked ok
Old 04-15-2012, 07:29 AM
R@nda!! H@hn

The Sosa looks good. I think there are a few good ones in there. But I did see many that looked questionable.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:17 AM

At the risk of gaining a little competition, I'll say the only one I'm interested in is the Steinbrenner. What do you all think of it? I was going to bid until I saw the problems with some of the others, but that's the only one I'm interested in.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Banned

he said the autographs were acquired from all different places.

Autographs purchased from Clean Sweep auctions, Quality Autographs, Premium Autographs, various other auction houses, and here on ebay over the years.

probably means some good, some ? so i dont think you can judge one based on the rest. best to look at several steinbrenner autograph exemplars and try to figure it out from there, or just pass and wait for a steinbrenner to come up with a reputable dealer.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:19 PM

My only comment is I know/remember where I got all my autographs even if one was a common from a very large group lot, and in a single index card auction I would specify where it came from-- Lelands, Premier, other. But that may just me. A cut and paste "Came from Premier, Quality Auctions, EBay or Other" doesn't do it for me.

Last edited by drc; 04-15-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:26 PM

I think the fact that a 2007 Red Sox helmet still has no bids with only a few days left should tell you all you need to know.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:56 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Most look good... but some are definitely bad. I would trust the cheaper/less desirable autos more than the expensive ones. The Cobb and Crawford are both horrendous fakes (among others). Be careful...
Old 04-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Bilko Glasier

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
he said the autographs were acquired from all different places.

Autographs purchased from Clean Sweep auctions, Quality Autographs, Premium Autographs, various other auction houses, and here on ebay over the years.

probably means some good, some ? so i dont think you can judge one based on the rest. best to look at several steinbrenner autograph exemplars and try to figure it out from there, or just pass and wait for a steinbrenner to come up with a reputable dealer.

This could be true, probably is and im not saying this particular seller is a scammer/forger, but if you were in the business of selling forged material this is the best description to say were you got the stuff.

Someone asks a forger "where did you get all your autos"

Forger "ive bought so many over the years, its hard to remember exactly were they came from but i purchased from clean sweep, lelands, legendary, quality, AJ's, some in person at shows, some off of ebay etc. etc."
Old 04-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Scott

that Sam Crawford is positively HIDEOUS. as is the Cobb.