NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 06-15-2017, 10:17 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default More BBCs seen in Movies:

I'm always fascinated when I notice specific Baseball cards show up in various movies.

My cable company has been playing two movies frequently this month:

'Good Will Hunting' & 'The Accountant'

One, 'GWH' of course, is an older movie and I don't know why I didn't notice the cards before.

They aren't actually cards, but rather, what appears to be a poster of some sort including cards from various sets. The two my old eyes can recognized in the quick looks they are visible were a Cracker Jack Joe Jackson and a 1934 Goudey Lou Gehrig...perhaps a Play Ball DiMaggio and a 1952 Bowman Mantle, but I could not swear to that.

In the 'Accountant', Ben sometimes accepts payment other than cash for his services - including a Jackson Pollock painting. But his RV where he stores all this also includes a set of drawers to die for: One has several graded Baseball cards and again, with the old peepers' limitations, I could only recognize a Cracker Jack Mathewson on the far right and perhaps a T205 Mathewson to it's left.

What cards have you seen in movies? I know of several others but I'd like to hear how many you other guys have spotted.

-Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 06-15-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:48 PM

Just watched The Accountant a few nights ago and noticed that very thing.
Even with the ability to pause / freeze-frame, it was a little tricky to identify the cards,
since they're visible for just a second or two, constituting only a few frames,
they're shown as the drawer is being rapidly pulled open, and so they're a bit blurry
in the freeze-frame. But the one at the far left is definitely -- inevitably -- the T206 Wagner.
The one between that and the CJ did look like a T205.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/baseballgames/

Successful transactions with: bocabirdman, GrayGhost, jimivintage,
Oneofthree67, orioles93, quinnsryche, thecatspajamas, ValKehl

Last edited by Butch7999; 06-15-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch7999 View Post
Just watched The Accountant a few nights ago and noticed that very thing.
Even with the ability to pause / freeze-frame, it was a little tricky to identify the cards,
since they're visible for just a second or two, constituting only a few frames,
they're shown as the drawer is being rapidly pulled open, and so they're a bit blurry
in the freeze-frame. But the one at the far left is definitely -- inevitably -- the T206 Wagner.
The one between that and the CJ did look like a T205.

Kinda weird...when he packed up to leave, he grabbed a few 'straps' of cash and ActionComics #1, which, by the way, did not look nearly protected enough from the ensuing fire fight.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 06-16-2017, 09:50 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I know it's the 14 year-old in my head, but the title of this thread had me laughing like a madman.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:58 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
I know it's the 14 year-old in my head, but the title of this thread had me laughing like a madman.
I see the 14 in your head needs some "Parental blocking", Justin.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
I was expecting to see a discussion of Johnnie Keyes, Sean Michaels, and Lex Steele when I saw that title .
Old 06-16-2017, 01:46 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
I was expecting to see a discussion of Johnnie Keyes, Sean Michaels, and Lex Steele when I saw that title .
I guess I should probably be glad I've never heard those names before and wouldn't know who they are?!?!???
Old 06-16-2017, 07:53 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
I guess I should probably be glad I've never heard those names before and wouldn't know who they are?!?!???
Perhaps, but they weren't in the line of "work" I think you thought they were.
And that means you have probably had parental blocking all along.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post

They do consultant work for a furniture moving company.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:11 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Watch "Blast from the Past" starring Brendan Fraser and Alicia Silverstone. There are quite a few awesome scenes in this movie involving vintage baseball cards.

Old 06-17-2017, 02:33 PM
Al Wright

There's always Dustin Hoffman in "Rain Man" with his stack of cards. He went into overdrive when Valeria Galino started going through them.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:02 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

I know it's been discussed but in the Babe aruth dream sequence in The Sandlot he asks if he can keep the kids Henry Aaron rookie.
Drew