NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-06-2017, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
It is cool. Great pickup! Not sure why it is posted here as I don't think it was in heritage recently or yee and immedietly posted shortly after in june pickups. I could certainly be wrong though. Was it in one of the recent auctions? I wouldn't think I would miss it as it is very nice. I do think it sold in a past Heritage auction. In any case, of course it is for sale and can be found here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1929-Lou-Geh...257Ciid%253A17

Joey is not allowed to post in the BST so he posts them all here to let everyone know what is for sale. When he sells, he takes them down and that is why peeps get frustrated with all the removed pictures. Like one in this very thread in fact and all the ones in the May pickups.

But....I will give him a plug as it is a beauty! I want 5% if it sells Joey!
Lol....leave it to Benny to be a hater. Id love to comment about the fact that you over spend ALL the time and then turn around and try to justify that its worth more because you said so to make yourself feel better. Its all good man. I'll get right on that 5% dude. I find it hilarious that youre so worried about what i do

Last edited by JoeyFarino; 06-06-2017 at 09:50 PM. Reason: more info
Old 06-07-2017, 06:20 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Generally you shouldn't post new pick ups that are for sale in the new pick up threads. Your shi* to equity ratio is wearing thin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFarino View Post
Lol....leave it to Benny to be a hater. Id love to comment about the fact that you over spend ALL the time and then turn around and try to justify that its worth more because you said so to make yourself feel better. Its all good man. I'll get right on that 5% dude. I find it hilarious that youre so worried about what i do
Old 06-07-2017, 08:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Generally you shouldn't post new pick ups that are for sale in the new pick up threads. Your shi* to equity ratio is wearing thin.
But yet you let people post sh*t for sale outside of the BST...And I never stated anything was for sale on the forum which is what I agreed I wouldnt do so im not breaking any rules
Old 06-07-2017, 09:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

At least I pay for what I win, Joey. Let me ask you a couple quick questions.

Have you not paid for any winnings, for any reason, in a major auction in the last year?

Have you refused certified mail from an auction house?

Do you know a Chinda(sp?) Tes?

Do you know anyone with an email that has 1927yankees in it?

I am hearing from at least a few people that you are a bad person and probably a psychopath? My guess is you won't last much longer here as we don't need folks who lie over and over and weave tangled webs on this forum....My next response to you is probably "gone".

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFarino View Post
But yet you let people post sh*t for sale outside of the BST...And I never stated anything was for sale on the forum which is what I agreed I wouldnt do so im not breaking any rules

Last edited by Leon; 06-07-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Banned

P.s gone

Last edited by Leon; 06-07-2017 at 10:08 AM. Reason: more info
Old 06-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Banned

gone

Last edited by Leon; 06-07-2017 at 10:08 AM. Reason: more info
Old 06-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Default Public Service announcment

Leon,

This might sound dramatic but....You have done this board and the hobby a great service here. Maybe Joey will attempt to better himself and quit hurting this hobby we all love, others and himself(doubtful). I hope this time it is for good. I have had several people reach out to me since this thread.
People don't like conflict so I will speak for all the people who Joey negatively affected in thanking you for doing the right thing here. Good show!

Ben

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 06-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Booting someone is always a last resort. Hopefully he eventually sees his mistakes and quits making them. Apparently he hasn't learned yet though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Leon,

This might sound dramatic but....You have done this board and the hobby a great service here. Maybe Joey will attempt to better himself and quit hurting this hobby we all love, others and himself(doubtful). I hope this time it is for good. I have had several people reach out to me since this thread.
People don't like conflict so I will speak for all the people who Joey negatively affected in thanking you for doing the right thing here. Good show!

Ben
Old 06-07-2017, 01:21 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

I haven't been coming on this board much in the last couple of years. This is due partially because I just needed a break from the hobby, but also because of the couple of people that were on here that were always so negative and combative. Looks like I'm coming back just in time to see one of them booted. LOL. I must say though, it's been my experience that you have to be one big idiot if you have a problem with Ben. He's still one of the nicest people that I've had contact with in this hobby.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
I haven't been coming on this board much in the last couple of years. This is due partially because I just needed a break from the hobby, but also because of the couple of people that were on here that were always so negative and combative. Looks like I'm coming back just in time to see one of them booted. LOL. I must say though, it's been my experience that you have to be one big idiot if you have a problem with Ben. He's still one of the nicest people that I've had contact with in this hobby.
Thank you so much Mike. I think a couple people have run a lot of great collectors off. I admit, when I am crossed(or I see wrong doing) I can be quite a bear though . Here is what I received from Joey just a couple minutes ago btw. I am sure he will try and hurt everyone else too that he feels is responsible for this rather than take accountability/responsibility.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4725.jpg (5.6 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by Forever Young; 06-07-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Jeff

Nice article you did for PSA Ben!

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 06-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Graig Kreindler

Personally, I like Ben. Even if he's ugly.

His photo collection, as most here know, is second to none.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Personally, I like Ben. Even if he's ugly.

His photo collection, as most here know, is second to none.
Thanks lil' buddy and JB!

Here is my last pickup from the two said auctions. By someone's standards(not to be mentioned), I paid "thousands" too much but i had to have it as it went with my 1932 Ruth as perfect bookends!

Last edited by Forever Young; 06-08-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:47 PM
M@rk Comer

Those two photos are beautiful! Really enjoy seeing photos used for cards which is just an added bonus.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Paul Herbener

Great stuff there Ben!! Love your photos as always!!
Old 06-07-2017, 10:36 PM

What happened to the back of Babe's head on that card?

I just picked up my first card/photo match. But man ih man those bookends are killer.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
What happened to the back of Babe's head on that card?

I just picked up my first card/photo match. But man ih man those bookends are killer.
Thanks guys. Yeah.. that card is puzzling as others in the set are not missing half a head. I still love that card and set's baby blue background with photo silhouette. They are pretty scarce too relatively speaking.

I forgot i picked up these too in Yee_auctions.

Rookie era Bonds.. wait .. that is Bonds right?!?! Yikes

THE Joe Carter WS HR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4746.JPG (35.9 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4747.JPG (32.8 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by Forever Young; 06-08-2017 at 11:04 AM.