NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-06-2018, 12:51 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
Probably one of the top five quotes I have ever read. F^ckn eh’
See post 100 dumbass #2..
Old 08-06-2018, 02:27 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Insult me eh....

You can take your opinion and stick it. If you offer an item at a price and I accept, that's a deal and not sticking with it is dishonest.

I think this sums it up pretty well. Making mistakes and owning them builds character. Making mistakes and blaming someone else builds corruption.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:30 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
See post 100 dumbass #2..
You don’t really mean that Steve.

Member since 2009
Old 08-06-2018, 02:58 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
You don’t really mean that Steve.
Sorry Andrew, I misinterpreted your post.
Old 08-06-2018, 03:07 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Just because you can speed in your car doesn’t mean that if you get caught you don’t have to pay the two ticket. Hey all cars are made with the ability to speed. It dose t make it right.

So like I said you CAN cancel a sale but it doesn’t make it right. If you can’t trust a Business to do the right thing what does that say about the business?
Old 08-06-2018, 04:20 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Baffling stupidity as well as a total lack of any sense of personal responsibility.

I'm not Canadian.

Maybe IF you graduate Jr high and some how make it through high school you will have learned something.
I have never went back on a deal or canceled a sale. But I have learned it's wrong to take advantage of someone because of a simple mistake. If you think that's stupid so be it. I find your point of view as baffling as it appears you find mine.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

To all those who are worried about Probstein being taken advantage of due to an honest mistake, please rest assured that he's taken advantage of all of you through no mistake of your own.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:53 PM
je.sse @rnot

I'm not worried about probstein as much as say a non professional seller who's moving a card to cover an unexpected expense or to make ends meet. But my feeling on this issue would be the same regardless. Now if someone posted a card for a price they later learned was too low, or canceled a sale because they received a higher offer that's completely different and would show a lack of integrity in my opinion.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:09 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I'm not worried about probstein as much as say a non professional seller who's moving a card to cover an unexpected expense or to make ends meet. But my feeling on this issue would be the same regardless. Now if someone posted a card for a price they later learned was too low, or canceled a sale because they received a higher offer that's completely different and would show a lack of integrity in my opinion.
But that's what happened here. A professional seller listed something at a price, it sold at that price and they cancelled when they realized that price was too low.
If they cancelled before a sale that's totally ok, but the listing says "sold"

I've sold stuff for prices that I later realized were too low. Should I get to go back and rewind those sales? How long do I get? Or do I just do what I've always done, say "darn I wasn't too smart just then" and move on to whatever's next.

Now about the US and state taxes I've been paying since High school.... Who do I talk to about a refund? In USD, not Canadian...

There is of course a solution for busting a deal.

Last edited by steve B; 08-06-2018 at 06:11 PM. Reason: missed a bit
Old 08-06-2018, 09:07 PM
Johnny MaZilli

The horse has been beaten to death twice over. Let it Rest In Peace.