NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-03-2001, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Default wow

Posted By: leon

so the #1 lot in the Sloate went for 91k after juice (no mis-type..91k)......that deserves a WOW........wish I would have bought that card before the consignor......I have no idea who won it so please don't ask.....just thought it was worth mentioning on this slow sales day.......and ya'll go bid on the Oxford I have on ebay.......there will be more soon.......best regards all..

Old 12-03-2001, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Default wow

Posted By: HalleyGator

Leon: I never checked the auction materials ... so fill us in on what the item was!!

Old 12-03-2001, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Default wow

Posted By: Tom

.....previously unknown Gypsy Queen card of a Pacific Coast League player. Totally different typesetting than any known 19th century Gypsy Queen card. Basically a one of a kind......still a pretty strong amount........okay, fess up.......who bought it? Jay? Olbermann?

Old 12-03-2001, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Default wow

Posted By: Jaime Leiderman

What about lot #2?
The Troy CDV's?

Old 12-03-2001, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Default wow

Posted By: runscott

I wonder what the history of these cards is? - the auction sheet says it was found within the last year. Hopefully the buyer won't break it up and the set will still be around in ten or so years when I can afford to bid!

Old 12-03-2001, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Default wow

Posted By: Jaime Leiderman

I think there's an article on one of the August 2001 issues of SCD, don't remember which one.

Old 12-04-2001, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Default wow

Posted By: barry sloate

Hi Leon,
Actually, the card went for $80,273 with the juice- I think you may have double-juiced to get 91K,but the actual price is juicy enough. I know you are a major type collector- I'm disappointed that you didn't even check in to ask about it. Well, hopefully next time.
Sincerely,
Barry Sloate

Old 12-04-2001, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Default wow

Posted By: leon

Hey Barry,
I do collect type cards a little. I knew my good friend Jay was interested (which would not have necessarily stopped me-sorry Jay)..but ALSO did not have enough funds to play in that lot. Since I do not collect CDV's per say (yet) there was really not much else that I needed. Small vintage world and I am sure we will cross paths in the near future. I heard the auction was a great success and I am sure it was because it was run with integrity and professionalism. I look forward to your next one. ......best regards..