NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-25-2014, 07:32 PM
A.J. Johnson

Default Suggestion on affixing card holders inside display case

Does anyone else use something to make their cards stay in one place inside their wall hanging display cases? I guess my walls aren't completely straight because my cards will lean towards the glass without something affixing them to the back of the display case. Anyone have something that works great to do this? I've tried tape and recently SCOTCH square stick em adhesives, both of which aren't ideal.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Aaron Rothschild

Default Adjust the case not the cards

Have you considered putting a set of cabinet bumpers (little round silicone nubs) or furniture pads (felt rounds for the bottom of furniture to keep it from scratching the floor) to the back of the case at the bottom edge?

This should move the bottom of the case out away from the wall, tipping the whole hanging case back towards the wall and in theory make the shelves level for the cards to sit on.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Sc0tt Greb3nstein

I use "Reusable Adhesive All Stick" from Office Depot. I couldn't find any on their site but it's similar to this . . .

http://www.amazon.com/Duck-Removable...sable+adhesive

Kind of like Silly Putty -- you can form any size you like. I use a fairly small piece the stays hidden behind the card flip -- works very well for me.

Scott
Old 12-25-2014, 11:24 PM
A.J. Johnson

yeah unfortunately that won't work as the tilt wouldn't be enough to keep them upright
Old 12-25-2014, 11:25 PM
A.J. Johnson

Thanks Scott gonna give that a try
Old 12-26-2014, 05:06 AM
Aaron Rothschild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
yeah unfortunately that won't work as the tilt wouldn't be enough to keep them upright
Wow, that's a severe tilt. You may want to call a contractor if your walls are more than 5 degrees off 90. Could be a sign of greater problems with the walls than baseball card hanging issues.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:51 AM
A.J. Johnson

haha. it's actually the cases. They have a groove that's too narrow for the cases which makes them tilt outward toward glass
Old 12-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Steve A

try affixing rare earth magnets. you can get them small & cheap and they are shockingly strong.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:24 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
haha. it's actually the cases. They have a groove that's too narrow for the cases which makes them tilt outward toward glass
Step 1 - Drive to Home Depot and purchase some clear silicone and silicone gun.
Step 2 - Take cases out of display.
Step 3 - Take display off of the wall.
Step 4 - Fill the groove with silicone using the applicator gun. The fill should now create a flat surface for the card to rest on.
Step 5 - Wait for the silicone to dry.
Step 6 - Put display back on wall.
Step 7 - Put cards back in display.
Step 8 - If the cards still lean forward, go back to Home Depot and purchase some small circular adhesive felt pads as suggested by a different responder, double or triple them up and adhere them to the 2 lower back corners of the display. This should push the bottom of the display out far enough so that the angle of incidence of the shelves now is severe enough to keep the card holders leaning back.
Step 9 (The most important step of the process!!) - Sit back, crack a Bud, tell your wife to get off your back that you knew all along how to make it work, admire your handiwork and cards.

Last edited by iwantitiwinit; 12-26-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:42 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Id suggest velcro.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
Id suggest velcro.
The one that is used to stick EZ Pass to windshield works best.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:16 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by richieb315 View Post
The one that is used to stick EZ Pass to windshield works best.
I have bought rolls of "regular" velcro on ebay, they sell them in yards. I cut then to sizes i need, i think it works well.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:55 PM
Tim Sanders

Default Poster adhesive

I have several SGC cards in a case that I put the poster putty on the back of the holder and it holds to the frame. Easy to use, no mess, easy swapping and reusable.

Pick them up anywhere they sell posters (got mine at Walmart for $2.50) and it had enough in the pack to securely hold 18 cards with plenty left over for my sons posters in his room.