NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 06-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Jeff

Default Congrats to the MAVS

They prove the adage that it is better to have your parade after the season than before.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 06-13-2011, 04:58 AM
Barry Sloate

LeBron looked unusually ineffective throughout stretches of this series, and you have to wonder about him. Mavs were the better team and deserved to win.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:15 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default congrats

Congrats do go to the Mavs. Miami deserves losing after a few of their players mocked Dirk's illness. Dancing in front of the Mavs bench thinking they won, in game 5, when they ended up losing was a pretty sweet situation too. I wonder what their manager and team owner said about those things....? Great discipline there...
Old 06-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Alan U

Congrats to the Mavs although I must admit I don't know which I enjoyed more, the Mavs winning or the Heat losing.

Is Lebron turning into the Barry Bonds of the NBA?

Did he really say this after the game?

"Absolutely not, because at the end of the day, all the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today," James said. "They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

"They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point."

And Tweet this......

"The Greater Man upstairs know when it's my time," James tweeted. "Right now isn't the time."
Old 06-13-2011, 04:03 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanu View Post
Congrats to the Mavs although I must admit I don't know which I enjoyed more, the Mavs winning or the Heat losing.

Is Lebron turning into the Barry Bonds of the NBA?

Did he really say this after the game?

"Absolutely not, because at the end of the day, all the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today," James said. "They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

"They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point."

And Tweet this......

"The Greater Man upstairs know when it's my time," James tweeted. "Right now isn't the time."
Simple translation. "You're all below me. You're all losers and always will be. I really don't give a sh*t what anyone thinks."

I will admit that I did find his creativity in saying this in such a way that it went over most people's heads kind of amusing.. He's still a douche, but I love when people spin the English language so that people don't know that they're being sh*t on.. Well played Lebron, well played indeed....

The line was so perfectly executed, that I almost wonder if the question was planted and the answer scripted.. Which seems to be the norm for Lebron and his gang nowadays..
Old 06-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
Simple translation. "You're all below me. You're all losers and always will be. I really don't give a sh*t what anyone thinks."

I will admit that I did find his creativity in saying this in such a way that it went over most people's heads kind of amusing.. He's still a douche, but I love when people spin the English language so that people don't know that they're being sh*t on.. Well played Lebron, well played indeed....

The line was so perfectly executed, that I almost wonder if the question was planted and the answer scripted.. Which seems to be the norm for Lebron and his gang nowadays..
You might be short changing many people's intelligence. I think more people probably got it than didn't.....but maybe I am wrong. I did get it.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:46 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
You might be short changing many people's intelligence. I think more people probably got it than didn't.....but maybe I am wrong. I did get it.
There's alot of people that knew right away. You're right Leon, I kinda worded that wrong. I really wasn't trying to short change anyone. But the point was that he worded it well enough that many of the people out there would take a while to figure it out, or try to give him the benefit of the doubt.. He also worded it enough to give himself some wiggle room, to explain himself and backtrack as though he's simply being mis-understood, or that the media is trying to blow his statement out of proportion and out of context. It's all an attempt to make himself look like a victim of the media, he's working towards trying to make people feel sorry for him.. Many of us aren't dumb enough to buy his sh*t, but sadly, there's many out there who are.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:27 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

And let the back-tracking begin...This dude has gotten so predictable.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trueho...ory?id=6661305
Old 06-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Johnny S

Mark Cuban is definately treats his players better than any owner in any sports and Lebron will never live this down. Atleast Wade has a ring so is isn't as painful for him and he played well and Lebron completely choked as usual and Scottie Pippen is an idiot for saying Lebron is better than Jordan what a joke. Congrats to the Mavs they deserve it, now if only the Timberwolves could get into the Wnba maybe they could make the playoffs............
Old 06-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
And let the back-tracking begin...This dude has gotten so predictable.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trueho...ory?id=6661305
He must really think people are that stupid? He should have just said that he made a mistake with what he said, and his antics, and apologized. To me, his apology is just as bad, or worse, as what he said first. At this moment He's a total idiot imo. However, he's an idiot that has millions of dollars .
My guess is that somewhere down the road he will grow up. He's just immature. He's probably not really a bad guy.....though I haven't watched him enough to really know. I would hate for all of my younger days' antics to be thrown in my face. He will grow up but it will take some time.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Alan U

Hopefully he'll get the sportscard collecting bug and boost the sportscard market.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:42 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

If only I could make it to Peoria...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb-wp9511
Old 06-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Isaac Lane

Default Mark Cuban.

Classic. What a season.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cuban.jpg (67.8 KB, 17 views)