NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-07-2011, 10:47 AM
George E.

Default Babe Ruth 8x10 question Update: photo added

Hey y'all,

My local shop has a Babe Ruth picture up for auction on the bid board. It is probably nothing special as it is marketed as nothing special, but I figured I'd ask y'all about it just in case. It is 8x10 black and white with a blue autograph printed on the right side of it. The larger bottom boarder has something like "Babe Ruth, The Greatest Player Ever. Outfielder" It is a card stock item so it isn't a page from a book, and the back is blank (I took it out of the frame to see). I didn't see any markings on it indicating the maker. Again, I don't expect it to be anything, but I'd kick myself if it was something and I didn't ask. I have scrolled through so many images on-line to find a match that my memory of the actual image has been muddled, but I almost sure it is a post-swing pose (I should have taken a picture of it with my phone).

Thanks.

Last edited by abothebear; 06-10-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Scott

Possibly some kind of picture pack, or ball park promo photo. A picture would DEFINITELY help!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:00 PM
George E.

I'll probably go back in before the auction ends, I'll get one then.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default my thought

My thought is that it's a commemorative type photo. I will take a wild guess that it's a newer copy and worth very little. I have quite a few Ruth items and there were thousands of these types of things made. I don't remember seeing any kind of picture pack with him in it from his playing days, though I might have missed something. Most things made after his playing days, and death, usually aren't worth too much. As already said, a picture of it would help to ID it. regards
Old 06-07-2011, 03:24 PM

If my memory serves me right, its a picture pack from the early 1980's featuring the greatest players of all time. The blue autograph sticks out in my mind. A while back I had a 8 x 10 of Ruth with a blue autograph and it had a post-swing pose like the one you are describing. If I can find my photo I will post a picture of it but it sounds like the same picture I had. I think the book value was around the $10 range for the Ruth.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:13 AM
George E.

Here it is...

Apart from it being on card stock and it having a blue signature, it looks to be a poor quality piece - bad photo, strange caption, and off-centered name.

Photobucket