NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-22-2003, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Default Don't you hate it when...

Posted By: Marc S. 

You see an item on Ebay that you are interested in -- but the starting bid ($199) seemed higher than you thought the card was worth. So you put the card on your Ebay "watch" list, and lo and behold, the card is BIN'ed for $299- two days later.

Not sure whether to kick myself -- or to thank myself for not overspending on a card. I would have loved to un-entomb this one and put it in one of the T206 collections I am working on. GRR!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31718&item=2711845266&rd=1

Old 02-22-2003, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

That's why all those weird cheap little toys and candy bars and such are displayed in front of you at the check-out line. The old impulse buy theory. I must admit I have BINed myself out of an impulse and then later thought, "what was I thinking?"

Old 02-22-2003, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: B C Daniels

Leon, myself and other's on this board have bought these for around $100.00. That is the value of that card Marc! Now please.........send me the damn 75 topps mini psa 9 card I need! Did you see i registered 31 in 9 yesterday to bolster my status up a few notches and I did not even have to dip into my father in laws 401k to do it!

Old 02-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Although I am no T206 guy (per se) I thought it was 2x value at the opening bid.....I agree with BCD on this one.....breast regards

Old 02-22-2003, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marc S.

But, nonetheless, I have a very difficult time finding any Philadelphia Nationals cards with a Broadleaf back.

I was hoping that the auction would end without a bid, and that I could pick it up for $125 - $150...

Old 02-22-2003, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: B C Daniels

and you are probably correct......now send Schmitty my way!

Old 02-22-2003, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: ockday

I bought the card on Ebay ungraded and described as EX+ for $189 and it came back a PSA 3. So I started it at my cost and put a BIN that I figured would vanish with the opening bid. To my pleasant surprise , it sold via BIN. You win some ..and you lose some.
Alan

Old 02-22-2003, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

There was never any harm meant in my saying that I thought it was a little high to start with. I have had things go high, low, and in between, on ebay. I have lost money on some and made it on others.....kudo's to those that can make a buck buying and selling.....regards all

Old 02-22-2003, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ockday

Just was giving the "behind the scenes" of that card as I also wonder alot of times why cards are listed for and also sold for, the prices that they are.
By the way..the best part of the story is soon after the auction ended I got an email from an Ebayer who posts here , saying if the buyer reneged he would pay $400 for the card!So go figure.

Old 02-22-2003, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Nick

I offered the $400.00.

I have never seen a broadleaf back sell for that low. Granted, my focus for the last 3 decades has been 1950's cards. I have only focused on pre-war for the last two years. So maybe my knowledge of the market is not what it should be.But,like I said...I have never seen the Broadleaf Backs from either series sell below $400.00. If anyone has some they would like to sell in the $100-200 price range mentioned above I'll take em!

Regards,
Nick

Old 02-22-2003, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

BL 350's are fairly common - it's the 460's that cost an arm and a leg.

Old 02-22-2003, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Nick Martinez

What is the collective thought on the value of a Uzit back in G-VG condition. I just bought one and I am hoping I didn't do the wrong thing!

Whatsmore is I am not supposed to be buying rare T206 backs.After my latest promise to stay focused on what I collect(mostly cuban and latin players). I am not only buying things I shouldn't, but buying them for too much. This maybe a buying spree gone truly wrong! I need an intervention...

Nick

PS:Excuse the typo above, I meant to write "That was me".