NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 07-17-2016, 08:23 PM
Al

Default Please tell me I did Good on this Hank Aaron?

Hey Guys,
Please tell me I did good on this Hank Aaron autograph. Is it legit? Im hoping it is authentic but want to get your guys opinions and thoughts on this? Thanks

Last edited by hawaiian bam bam; 07-22-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:38 PM
Al

Any thoughts on this?
Old 07-18-2016, 04:30 PM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian bam bam View Post
Any thoughts on this?
Not an expert but I have eight in person Aaron specimens. The entire first name looks off, the a is too defined and is usually open. Each one of my signatures reads more like Hack Aaron than Hank Aaron. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Huck; 07-18-2016 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:40 AM
Al

Hello and thsnks for your help I appreciate it. I knew the price was too good to be true. Any other thoughts on this before I write this off as a loss? Thanks
Old 07-19-2016, 06:47 PM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

Looks good to me
Old 07-19-2016, 07:37 PM
Al

Thanks Joseph, that makes me feel a little better as i thought i bought a bad autograph. I have one vote for good and one vote for bad...can i get a tie breaker here?! With all the HOF collectors on this site I know there is a TON of knowledge and experience here in regards to HOF autographs, so come on guys!!!!, let me know your thoughts on this! lets have a tie breaker here!!!!! good or bad auto? what say you?
Old 07-21-2016, 07:19 PM
Al

559 views and no help on this, come on guys, your better than that!
Old 07-21-2016, 07:32 PM
Anthøny N. ex

FWIW, here's mine for comparison

Old 07-21-2016, 08:31 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

I think it's fine

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 07-21-2016, 09:30 PM
Al

Thanks Anthony and Mark, I appreciate your help with this. This is why I like TPAs like PSA and SGC because I totally suck with determining if an autograph is real or not. However, I respect and value your guys opinions, so I will add this one to my HOF collection as "authentic" Thanks guys.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:59 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
559 views and no help on this, come on guys, your better than that!
The opinions from the knowledgeable members of this site are FREE...can you show a bit of patience.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 07-22-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:37 PM
ThreadKiller

Default ...

not trying to start a shi+storm, but... I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE (i've waited - and certainly respected - good AND bad - delayed opinions, and appreciated them, no matter the timeframe...NO offense to OP, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
The opinions from the knowledgeable members of this site are FREE...can you show a bit of patience.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:10 PM
Al

sorry to piss in your cherrios, but sometimes if auctions are ending soon, or beforing buying an item. etc, its nice to get the opinion as quick as you can (if at all possible) with over 500 people looking at the thread and not saying anything! come on we are better than that! (i dont believe out of 500+ people no one has an opinion all of a sudden, especially with all of the HOF experts here, 500+ people is a hell of a lot of people looking and not saying anything). but it doesnt matter, i asked on another collecting site and got a ton of responses quickly. so its all good. like i said sometimes people need an opinion before an auction closes or buys an item. anyone with any experience at all buying on ebay knows that if an item is a good price and you wait to long someone else will come in and buy the item, so thats why a quick response is appreciate in situations like that. Again, sorry if i irritated you, but sometimes time is of the essence in this hobby

Last edited by hawaiian bam bam; 07-22-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:46 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
sorry to piss in your cherrios, but sometimes if auctions are ending soon, or beforing buying an item. etc, its nice to get the opinion as quick as you can (if at all possible) with over 500 people looking at the thread and not saying anything! come on we are better than that! (i dont believe out of 500+ people no one has an opinion all of a sudden, especially with all of the HOF experts here, 500+ people is a hell of a lot of people looking and not saying anything). but it doesnt matter, i asked on another collecting site and got a ton of responses quickly. so its all good. like i said sometimes people need an opinion before an auction closes or buys an item. anyone with any experience at all buying on ebay knows that if an item is a good price and you wait to long someone else will come in and buy the item, so thats why a quick response is appreciate in situations like that. Again, sorry if i irritated you, but sometimes time is of the essence in this hobby

Well maybe that will give you the impetus to study the autographs you desire to purchase and that way you won't have to wait for a FREE opine of the item.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:51 PM
Al

^^^
no need to get nasty about it bro! stop trying to be a funny guy! you no funny!

Last edited by hawaiian bam bam; 07-22-2016 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a crock to me. By your own admission, you bought the Aaron first, and sought opinions later. And, BTW, not all "opinions" carry the same weight. And, finally, if you're gonna ask us for help, and then criticize us 'cause we didn't help you fast enough, I think we have a right to your full name. And, really, absolutely, finally, I find your religious proselytizing offensive.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 07-22-2016 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:01 PM
Al

I disagree with you. I think all opinions matter. the opinions on this site are great as the knowledge here is amazing! and you dont have a right to anything of mine... son! so go sit down and behave.

Last edited by hawaiian bam bam; 07-22-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I disagree with you. I think all opinions matter
Oh, please. What nonsense. Next time you feel ill, why don't you ask, say, the cashier at your local supermarket what's up? His opinion is as good as anyone else's. (And it's a lot cheaper than seeing a doctor.)
Old 07-22-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
you dont have a right to anything of mine son! so go sit down and behave.
Is that so? Why don't you look into the rules of the board. And, thankfully, I'm not your son--judging by your behavior, I'm probably old enough to be your father. (Speaking of behavior, your own is getting to be somewhat self-destructive. If you want reliable autograph opinions, you really shouldn't be pissing off people like Chris Williams.)

Last edited by David Atkatz; 07-22-2016 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:11 PM
Al

i said all opinions matter to me on THIS site specifically, because like i mentioned the experience and advice here is amazing and LOTS of members have helped me out in the past and I have a ton of friends here on this site. why are you so uptight about this? your making this way bigger than it is. why dont you relax a little bit bro?

Last edited by hawaiian bam bam; 07-22-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:17 PM

I'm not your bro, either. Grow up, Al.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:18 PM
Al

well, again, im sorry that you got so upset over such a little thing. I really dont understand all the anger here, as my intention really was not to piss anyone off.

Last edited by hawaiian bam bam; 07-22-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:11 AM

I'm new around here but I've noticed you can either benefit from the site by getting knowledge to become a better student of the hobby or simply treat the board as your personal and free PSA.

Al, you strike me as the latter going by this thread. And in that, you don't come off in the best light. Rather than taking other people's fair minded opinion of the situation you got defensive and appeared somehow entitled. Not good brother. And we are brothers. May I remind we're to be patient, kind, and self controlled. If you can't do that, probably best to remove the Bible verse. Mr. Atkatz gave you another good reason. Board rules may give you another.

How much better would this have gone if you simply responded, "I'm sorry I came off impatient and not grateful. I appreciate the feedback." People not owning their behavior has been a net54 trend this summer.

Things to address before you post your next thread and wonder why it has lots of views and no responses.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:23 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Oh, please. What nonsense. Next time you feel ill, why don't you ask, say, the cashier at your local supermarket what's up? His opinion is as good as anyone else's. (And it's a lot cheaper than seeing a doctor.)
+1
Old 07-23-2016, 07:06 AM
Al

Thank you very much Dewey for your response and amazing advice. I truly did not intend to come off that way. Looking back, I can see how it could have been taken that way and i can see now how some people could of taken it the wrong way, trust me, that was not my intent and i apologize to the board for it. I will take your advice from here on out on my future posts. Lesson learned and I hope that we can all move past this misunderstanding and continue to help each other out. again, i am sorry if i pissed anyone off. I will be more mindful on my future posts.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:42 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

I know none of you will believe this but for the first time on this board I will say David is correct/ I do not want to see anyones religion shoved down my throat.
As far as ever answering your questions on another autograph. I will not help you in anyway. I hope the big boys do the same.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:54 AM
Al

I said I was sorry and I apologized. What more can I do? I guess I just won't post anymore on this site any longer. Problem solved.

Last edited by hawaiian bam bam; 07-23-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:20 PM
And.rew Whi.te

I guess I would rather have one or perhaps two opinions I respect and know that they will get it right than have 559 opinions of those who looked at a card I posted and have no idea if the auto is real. Quantity of opinions is not the best predictor of authenticity over quality of opinions.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:34 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

If you pay any attention you will know that Chris, David, and Shelly are some of the most knowledgeable folks on this site. Also, the site offers so much assistance in learning and growing your knowledge of the hobby.

A quick search of "Hank Aaron autograph" would have given you several authentic examples that you could have easily studied.

I can trust that the other site you mentioned does not include the knowledge and wealth that the Net54 members can bring to the table.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 07-25-2016, 05:24 PM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

I appreciate Al's passion for autographs. Makes this sometimes boring thread a little more exciting. Feel free to contact me if you ever need help with an autograph.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
i said all opinions matter to me on THIS site specifically, because like i mentioned the experience and advice here is amazing and LOTS of members have helped me out in the past and I have a ton of friends here on this site. why are you so uptight about this? your making this way bigger than it is. why dont you relax a little bit bro?
Even here some carry more weight than others.

I don't usually comment on autographs unless I know something about the object that was signed, usually it's info from another hobby that either explains the item, or when it's known the item didn't exist while the player was alive. (stuff like the player in the 50's can't have mailed a PC from SF if he played in a game in NY that same day or a dollar bill wasn't issued until the 50's so Ruth couldn't have signed it). The other times are when I have a question about some aspect of a signature that I don't quite get.

But I look at a lot of threads.

And when I've asked questions I've always gotten an answer that's at least well thought out, It may still leave me confused, but at least it makes sense.

My collection is really pretty small unless you count cards I got from packs. I collect the signature rookies sets, so quite a few, but very few on other things.

Steve B