NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 04-29-2016, 01:41 PM
Scott

Default Price estimate?

As a lot of you know, things are not going well for me. I DO NOT want to sell this awesome piece, as its one of the only things I have for myself, but am curious what everyone would think is fair if I sell it. Don't want to lose money, or be low balled much if I have to.

GREAT Playing era Mantle, plus Hartnett, Durocher, Minoso, Billy Williams and many more, and BILL ECKERT, who is a fairly tough sig. He is lighter on cover, but looks much better than this picture.

Thanks all my friends on this great board, and please send good thoughts.

Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pgmone.jpg (75.1 KB, 381 views)
File Type: jpg pgmtwo.jpg (75.6 KB, 382 views)
File Type: jpg pgm3.jpg (74.8 KB, 379 views)
Old 04-29-2016, 04:37 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Beautiful clear Mantle on that.

I would venture a guess of $250-300. Multi signed programs don't tend to do very well. Less than the sum of their parts for sure. Especially on a back cover. That said, the Mantle is tremendous and is certainly more desirable than one he signed in the 1989s or 90s.

Tom C
Old 04-29-2016, 09:51 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

You also have football HOFer Bill George.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:38 AM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
Beautiful clear Mantle on that.

I would venture a guess of $250-300. Multi signed programs don't tend to do very well. Less than the sum of their parts for sure. Especially on a back cover. That said, the Mantle is tremendous and is certainly more desirable than one he signed in the 1989s or 90s.

Tom C
I would agree with Tom's estimate and opinion on multi-signed items. I don't understand why the Mantle signature is better/stronger than how Mantle signed in the 89s or 90s? I have a few in person Mantle autographs and the signatures look the same, perhaps a higher tilt of the M's in the program signature. What detracts from this Mantle is the other signature that runs into it.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:17 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard View Post
I would agree with Tom's estimate and opinion on multi-signed items. I don't understand why the Mantle signature is better/stronger than how Mantle signed in the 89s or 90s? I have a few in person Mantle autographs and the signatures look the same, perhaps a higher tilt of the M's in the program signature. What detracts from this Mantle is the other signature that runs into it.
The Beckert doesn't do more than "touch the mantle". The only difference is that many folks prefer the "Playing era" signatures, which were by nature fewer in number, than the Assembly line card show. Still, Mickey had such a great autograph regardless
Old 05-03-2016, 04:21 PM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
The Beckert doesn't do more than "touch the mantle". The only difference is that many folks prefer the "Playing era" signatures, which were by nature fewer in number, than the Assembly line card show. Still, Mickey had such a great autograph regardless
Hmm, I have never given "playing era signatures" much thought. I am sure there are folk that collect that specific niche. Such signatures on pieces might be hard to prove/date. I am not questioning whether the signatures on the program are playing era but I have a handful of 1961 Union Oil The Dodger Family booklets that were signed long after the signees respective playing era. At best the signatures on the item could be used as cuts or just left as is. I think the value would be higher, if Mantle had signed the front of the piece.