NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > CardTarget.com > Cardtarget.com - General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:45 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Default Bid Retractions / Bid History / Reputation

Auction ID: 100324

To see what happens I bid on this item, and then retracted the bid, and then bid again.

All that appears in the bid history is my last bid, and there is no indicaiton that a bid has been retracted.

Should bid retractions appear in the history, or is that desired? Thinking of shillers who overbid the itme and then retract with there remaining no apparent existence of their bid.

Also, I didn't see anywhere that the fact that I retracted a bid shows up. Should this appear in the "Reputation" section of the "Members Area?"

When perfomring a bid retraction, the only confirmation is a pop-up titled "Message from webpage" that states "Are you sure you want to retract all the bids that you have placed on this auction?" My opinion is that is a little soft on bid retractions and could/should be more forceful. Better title for the popup would be something along the lines of "Bid Retraction Confirmation"
Old 01-27-2010, 06:48 AM
Matt Wieder

Good comments. One note that may address some of your concerns - we have a record of who retracted what bid, and will be watching that very closely.

The bid retraction process does indeed need to come with more yellow tape.

Last edited by Matt; 01-27-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:51 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Good comments. One note that may address some of your concerns - we have a record of who retracted what bid, and will be watching that very closely.

The bid retraction process does indeed need to come with more yellow tape.
Damn! So I already have a strike against me.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:11 AM
FredYoung

I was going to recommend a "public hanging" for anyone retracting a bid, since Tim did it on MY auction, but I changed my mind SLIGHTLY when he placed a fresh one!

Maybe just a "mild flogging" in this case! LOL!

(PS--Tim & I are friends, so all is good!)
Old 01-27-2010, 11:26 AM
T!M R10rd@n

So that everyone know what currently transpires with a bid retraction, here is the communcaiotn between Fred and I about what occurs, in the messages Q&A of the listing.

Quote:
Question
Will you consider ending this auction right now at my opening bid? Just kidding, Fred. I'm just testing the "Ask Seller a Question" function. Also, I bid on this item, then retracted the bid, and then bid again. Does anything show up on your end that a bid was retracted?
Answer
Hey Tim--- I got 2 EM's--One--- that I had a message & the message was in the EM, but to respond to it directed me to the listing. 2nd--It said you have retracted all bids but I couldn't find in the listing anything about a retraction--just the EM & the fact there is 1 bid for $4.99. Thanks, Fred
The only email that I received in this was an email informing me that Fred had responded to my question.

Quote:
Dear timzcardz,

You have received the following message:

Hey Tim--- I got 2 EM's--One--- that I had a message & the message was in the EM, but to respond to it directed me to the listing. 2nd--It said you have retracted all bids but I couldn't find in the listing anything about a retraction--just the EM & the fact there is 1 bid for $4.99. Thanks, Fred
-GoldenAge50s

Click here to view and respond to your received messages.

Best regards,
The Grand Slam Bids staff
Bold emphasis of timzcardz above i smy doing, for discussion below.

Matt and Leon,

I know that the registration and activation emails recieved addressed me by my legal name that I had registered with, as opposed to username.

The above quoted email only addressed me by username.

It is not apparent to me yet if there has been an established criteria for use of legal name versus username.

Should all emails from the system be generated using the legal name in addition to the username for the additional security in identifying that it is in a fact a legitimate GradSlamBids.com email as opposed to a spoof.

In the email above it wouldn't matter, UNLESS the link was a hijack to a virus, etc., which due to the associated risks would affect the viability of Grand SlamBids.com by users feeling less secure with opening/using the emails appearing to be from GrandSlamBids.com

Last edited by timzcardz; 01-27-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Because I can;t type wirth carp!
Old 01-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default thanks again

Thanks again Tim....good feedback. Matt and I will discuss this too!! We appreciate it very much.