NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Default Kotton Backs

Posted By: warshawlaw

I've recently acquired 6 of these cards and it seems like no two backs are alike. There are differences in print, ornamentation and wording. Just how many variations are there and what if any are the relative scarcities?

Old 04-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Default Kotton Backs

Posted By: Scot York

I can't answer your question but, I'll show you my type.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Default Kotton Backs

Posted By: steve yawitz

I love this back:

By the way, I think I was underbidder on that lot of 6. If you're putting any up for adoption, I'd give them a loving home.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Default Kotton Backs

Posted By: fkw

There are 3 different backs,

1) "Kotton Cigarettes- Never Go Out - Made By..." These are the rarest, especially in top condition. They are made of a thin paper stock, also the scroll design is much larger that the other 2 backs.

2) "Kotton Cigaretes - Never Go Out - Extra Mild..." normal card stock

3) "Kotton Tobacco..." normal card stock

Old 04-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Default Kotton Backs

Posted By: Scot York

I thought there were only three as well until Warshawlaw said his six cards seem different. Could we see the backs?

Old 04-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Default Kotton Backs

Posted By: warshawlaw

the scroll design. I have all 3 types but could not pinpoint why some looked so different. Are there variations on the size of the scroll wing dings among the different varieties?

Steve: It was a lot of 5 and I would be willing to part with three of them in the right trade. Please email me.

Here are my three backs:

Old 04-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Default Kotton Backs

Posted By: Dan Kravitz

Adam- If you have any dupes, let me know. Thanks buddy.

Old 04-30-2006, 07:22 AM
Administrator

Default Kotton Backs

Posted By: leon

There are no variations in the wing dings as far as I know, in each particular series. I do keep up with T216's quite a bit. It's always been listed that there were different "thin" versions but the only 2 are the one type of Kotton you have, which is the one that says only "Never Go Out", and the Virginia Extra's. The guides, including SCD, have been wrong for many years on this subject. They should say that the Virginia Extra and Kotton "Never Go Out" series are printed on thinner stock....cool cards