NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 04-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Banned

Default 1968 Hank Aaron PROOF card

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if this is truly the only one in the world? It is a 1968 Topps Game #4 Hank Aaron Proof card graded by SGC. I am a collector of rare Baseball Cards and was looking for information on this card??
What would the value be? Ebay item http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

item #281300391148
Old 04-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Al Richter

Default 1968 Game Cards

I have two sets of them, one from a full Game Box set. They also came as pack inserts. Have not seen proofs before but surely there were some and I know the 69 Supers, which also have rounded corners in final form can be found in square poof form. Same with 74 Deckles which can be found as undeckled proofs, or undeckled finals.

Many proofs come from Topps Vault and if so they usually include a certificate of authority. Here you have a grading company saying it is authentic, and it looks good, but the seller has one ebay transaction, which at least raises a flag. If it were a more known seller I believe it might go for a nice premium over the normal game card because there are a lot of Aaron followers. With this seller, some buyers might be leery and hold back. Neat item.

Here are a couple of odd ball game cards I have picked up

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 04-02-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

i gave this a look, all i can see it has square corners, than the normal rounded ones.
Is that it? no marks or stampings or anything suggesting a proof..maybe someone here chimes in on it..maybe it is a no gloss-gloss thing.
Well, of course the master of knowledge chimed in at the same time, He is like einstein here.

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 04-02-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Banned

Thanks for the info! I spoke to SGC who claimed this was the first proof of this card that they had seen and also that it was just recently graded.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:08 PM
M@rk Comer

Default '68 Game Proof

Yes; this is a '68 Game proof. I've seen other proof cards from this issue and look the same as the Aaron. I believe Scott (quitcrab) picked one up of Brooksie and his looked the same as well.

I doubt it is the only one, but haven't seen many over the years. I guess it's the only one that SGC has encapsulated.

bishop - any defects on a Brooks?!?
Old 04-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Larry More.y

Looks like Al has another set to work on...the 68 Topps Game proof set.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Al Richter

Default Proofs

I have had to settle on proofs for some unissued test sets, like the 67 and 68 Discs and 70 Candy Lids. Otherwise I tend to avoid proofs. The 67 Maris as a Yankee is an exception. And I would sure like to have some of the 77 Proofs that show Jackson and several other players in uniforms and poses different from the regular issued cards. Then there are the legendary 3 proofs of Cimoli, Hadley and Throneberry from the 60 set with teams different from that in the issued set ( although as I recall Bob Lemke reported they have regular rather than blank backs and may therefore be variations)

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 04-02-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Banned

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this! I did some more research and found one other proof from this set which was a common but still sold for over 300.00. Maybe I can steal this one for less!!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:53 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpro1202 View Post
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if this is truly the only one in the world? It is a 1968 Topps Game #4 Hank Aaron Proof card graded by SGC. I am a collector of rare Baseball Cards and was looking for information on this card??
What would the value be? Ebay item http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

item #281300391148
Quote:
Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this! I did some more research and found one other proof from this set which was a common but still sold for over 300.00. Maybe I can steal this one for less!!
So not only are you Shilling your auction but you are pretending that you aren't the seller as a way to try and get others to try and bite?

The seller has only two items for sale that are unrelated, this card and a marble, yet there is a bidder that has bid on both and only these two items:

Quote:
Bid History: Details
Bidding Details

Bidder Information
Bidder: h***i ( 79Feedback score is 50 to 99)
Item description: Joseph coat latticino onion skin german hand made marble 1 1/2 RARE
Bids on this item: 8

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 21
Items bid on: 2
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100% Help
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months): 0

30-Day Bid History
Category No. of Bids Seller Help Last Bid Help

Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball 13 Seller 1 6d 6h
Toys & Hobbies > Pre-1970 8 Seller 1 6d 3h
Old 04-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Al Richter

Default 2 Items

Well, Andy, maybe the marble is the only one in the world as well .

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 04-03-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default bid

I got my eye on the marble
Old 04-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Banned

Wow you have me all figured out don't you jackass. I do not collect marbles and have not even bid on this card yet was waiting until the end. Just curious if you are trying to deter me from bidding or are you just some dumb ass who has nothing better to do then try to insult people with false accusations? I have been a member on here for quite some time and have asked for advice in the past but have never encountered an idiot like you.....
Old 04-03-2014, 12:41 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Yes because if I wanted to "steal" a card for less than what I thought was market value I would out the auction on a forum to show any more knowledgeable competition the card was for sale.

Let me be clear. I am not trying to stop you from bidding in a random auction. I fully believe this is your auction and you are shilling it and came here to try and advertise it.

I still believe this is your auction and you are using another account to shill this one. Maybe it is just a coincidence but it is enough for me to not touch this auction.

Last edited by bn2cardz; 04-03-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:50 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

By the way the double punctuation isn't that normal that it seems like just a coincidence to me that you and the seller both do it:

Quote:
I am a collector of rare Baseball Cards and was looking for information on this card??
item #281300391148
Quote:
Maybe I can steal this one for less!!
Ebay description:

Quote:
For sale is a 1968 Topps #4 Hank Aaron Game Proof in nm+ condition. There is only one in the world and a must for any true rare card collector!!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Banned

It is very sad that there are people like you in this world that so easily throw out false accusations with such random erratic proofs. I do not think the fact someone who has bid on 2 of the sellers items is rock solid evidence to say such things so freely but I guess people like you seem to be just born miserable and are very destructive not constructive. It is disturbing to say the least. I just wondered if any of these knowledgeable sports card enthusiasts had additional information which may help me determine the best price to place on it. I am not the seller nor have I ever shill bid. I looked at the bidder you spoke of and if that were true I would think I would have bid much higher then 10 dollars on the marble. People come on here for advice not to promote their product and in the future so as to not insult and falsely accuse innocent people maybe you should think before you speak. Just saying
Old 04-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Al Richter

Default Ripe tides

Someone told me that if you find your self caught in a ripe tide sweeping you out to sea, you can either try without success to get back to the same part of the beach from which you came, or swim sideways for awhile until you can safely head back to shore at another part of the beach
Old 04-03-2014, 02:54 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
It is very sad that there are people like you in this world that so easily throw out false accusations with such random erratic proofs. I do not think the fact someone who has bid on 2 of the sellers items is rock solid evidence to say such things so freely but I guess people like you seem to be just born miserable and are very destructive not constructive. It is disturbing to say the least. I just wondered if any of these knowledgeable sports card enthusiasts had additional information which may help me determine the best price to place on it. I am not the seller nor have I ever shill bid. I looked at the bidder you spoke of and if that were true I would think I would have bid much higher then 10 dollars on the marble. People come on here for advice not to promote their product and in the future so as to not insult and falsely accuse innocent people maybe you should think before you speak. Just saying
Ok you made me go there...

It is just a coincidence that you and the seller are both from Gladwin, MI also?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (71.7 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (64.7 KB, 120 views)
Old 04-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

The original poster has seemingly broken board rules on several levels. Kudos, job well done. First of all we need to know your full name, which is Bria.n Elo.wsky. Secondly, shilling your own auctions isn't really a good thing, is it? Would love to hear some explanations...Maybe I am seeing this all wrong?
Old 04-03-2014, 03:16 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Seems pretty clear as day to me. Pretty embarrassing and desperate.

I can tell you one thing...pretty hard to get the wool over the eyes on net54...half of the board members here should have CSI careers! Good work bn2cardz...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03
Old 04-03-2014, 04:49 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
The original poster has seemingly broken board rules on several levels. Kudos, job well done. First of all we need to know your full name, which is Bria.n Elo.wsky. Secondly, shilling your own auctions isn't really a good thing, is it? Would love to hear some explanations...Maybe I am seeing this all wrong?
This Brian? The article shows this one is from MI also:

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...fl-shop-close/

And Prudenville, the city mentioned is only 36min from the noted Gladwin that we have as a city for the seller.

http://www.9and10news.com/story/2414...baseball-cards

Last edited by bn2cardz; 04-03-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:11 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Wow you have me all figured out don't you jackass. I do not collect marbles and have not even bid on this card yet was waiting until the end. Just curious if you are trying to deter me from bidding or are you just some dumb ass who has nothing better to do then try to insult people with false accusations? I have been a member on here for quite some time and have asked for advice in the past but have never encountered an idiot like you.....
Quote:

Nail in the coffin:

Seller is Susa_good

This article about Brian has a Susan Good defending him in the comments section. Also it mentions the Gladwin county. I really don't think we need this guy on this board.

http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/stor...2#.Uz3qIfldXaA

Last edited by bn2cardz; 04-03-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post

And Prudenville, the city mentioned is only 36min from the noted Gladwin that we have as a city for the seller.

This would explain the altered reprint T206 he showed pics of in another thread.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Kevin H@ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post

Phenomenal work. Can I get you to vet my daughters future suitors??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1959T - 64/585 - 10.94% (includes variations)
1960T - 209/651 - 32.10% (includes variations)
1972T - 445/810 - 54.94% (includes variations)
1973T - 208/660 - 31.52% (no variations)
Old 04-03-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
*sound of crickets chirping*
Old 04-04-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
It is very sad that there are people like you in this world that so easily throw out false accusations with such random erratic proofs.
Yeah, very sad. News article about a counterfeiting crook who's name is the same as the guy initiating this thread, both of whom are from the same city and state as the seller, who's unique writing style is the same as the guy initiating this post, who is talking up a listing that he is trying to "steal" from a seller who's ebay name is the same as the name of the person defending the crook in the aforementioned news article, who we are being told is not the same guy as the person selling on ebay, who has 2 completely different items for sale, both of which are being bid on by the same guy. Crissakes; Next time, before you accuse somebody you should present less random, erratic proofs!! (double punctuation joke).

Last edited by Gr8Beldini; 04-04-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Howard Chasser

Default Couldn't resist

An excerpt from the comment by Susan Good referenced above:

"Unbelievable the stupidity in this world now and you sir are a prime example of it"

AWESOME job outing him!
Old 04-04-2014, 09:48 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I am glad to see he is now banned. There have been worse things than a person trying to out their own auction (or that of a friend) by pretending to be a purchaser. Yet those articles show that this is not a guy we would want on here. It could have gotten a lot worse and glad it didn't.

I could be wrong as I am not always the best judge, but it also just appeared to me that the SGC case had frosting on the bottom edge (more noticeable from the back scan).

I would say that if he pleaded "no contest" (news story ) then I would think he would also be on probation from selling and it may be why there is another account selling this card for him. This is purely speculative, but it does seem strange that he would still be allowed to sell as a repeat offender that just struck a plea deal a few months ago.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:55 AM
Al Richter

Default Nice Job Andy

"Liars do not bother me one bit, I just wonder why they believed me in first place"....Jack Handey
Old 04-04-2014, 11:45 AM

I'm guessing authorities "so easily threw out false accusations with such random erratic proofs" on this case as well.

http://blog.mlive.com/bctimes/2008/1...s_charges.html

Last edited by Gr8Beldini; 04-07-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Brad Pencil

Yes stay away from Susan Good for sure. This person is one that was selling some fake Ruth, Gehrigs and others in the summer of last year.

Total fakes but hopefully the way it sounds they will both be in jail coming up shortly.