NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2017, 12:02 PM
Phil Garry

Default NOW LIVE: 4-Sport Hall of Fame Rookie Cards Guide

I hope everyone on the Board had an enjoyable Thanksgiving and I wish all of you a very Happy Holiday Season!

As many of you know, I have been a long-time advocate of Vintage Baseball Rookie Card collecting. I spent a nearly ten year period from 2004-2014 amassing a collection of Baseball Hall of Fame Rookie Cards and/or Earliest Collectibles. As has been discussed many times here on the Board, one of the biggest challenges in compiling such a collection is the controversy surrounding what "Rookie Card" to collect for each HOF'er. leading to even more complex questions such as what constitutes a "card", etc. Having done countless hours of research in an effort to further my own collection. I was able to establish my own set of guidelines and parameters for defining Vintage Baseball Rookie Cards, which also carries over to Football, Basketball & Hockey as well. Let me also say, at this point, that I have since sold the entire collection so the guidelines that I have established for this guide do not benefit me in any way, they are simply what I honestly believe to be most accurate and widely accepted in the hobby.

Many of you may also recall that I tried to get this 4-Sport Hall of Fame Rookie Cards Guide published back in early 2015 but was unable to secure enough advertising to make the project financially feasible. Fast forwarding to today, a huge thank you goes out to my advertising sponsors: Hake's Americana & Collectibles, Huggins & Scott Auctions, Baseball Rarities, Robert Edward Auctions & Sportscard Guaranty Company, who all helped to make this publication a reality. Over the long holiday weekend, the initial print run of 100 copies of my guide was completed, I will have them in hand on Monday to begin shipping out to everyone who would like to order a copy.

The full-size 8 1/2" X 11" guide contains over 340 pages of full-color illustrations documenting the chosen Rookie Card for every single member of the Baseball, Football, Basketball & Hockey Halls of Fame (see below pics of front and back cover and sample pages from each sport). There are well over 1,300 cards pictured and these represent 99% of every possible HOF RC that exists for all 4 major sports. I have 100% completion for Baseball, 100% completion for Football, 99% completion for Hockey and 98% for Basketball. There are approximately 15 missing images, which are primarily obscure modern-team issues for basketball & hockey as many non-professional members have been inducted into those two institutions. Each sports section contains all of it's respective HOF members in alphabetical order for easy reference and every entry includes a card image, individual's name along with their capacity (i.e. - player, coach, official, etc.), card set name/year of issue and value (in dollar range). This guide was not designed to be a price guide, just to give you an idea if a card is flea market material or high-end auction house territory. The hobby already has very fine resources such as Beckett Price Guides and Vintage Card Prices to handle that aspect of the hobby. As an added bonus, the back of the guide includes 4 - Top 25 lists of "Best Rookie Cards" for each respective Sport.

Sale price for the guides is $39.95 plus $7.40 for USPS Priority Mailing. The preferred method of payment is via Pay Pal (Family/Friends) but checks/money orders are fine as well. Once again, the initial print run only consists of 100 copies so if you would like to be guaranteed of receiving one, please go ahead and order now, there are already more than 20 copies pre-sold so that leaves less than 80 still available. To place an order, please e-mail me at vguerrerobb@yahoo.com or send me a PM and I will provide you with the necessary payment instructions and get your shipping information. Please feel free to contact me should you have any other questions.

I hope that everyone who orders a copy of my guide enjoys the contents and finds the information to be helpful with regards to your personal collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FC.jpg (70.7 KB, 523 views)
File Type: jpg BC.jpg (70.2 KB, 522 views)
File Type: jpg BB.jpg (65.9 KB, 530 views)
File Type: jpg F.jpg (66.7 KB, 525 views)
File Type: jpg BKB.jpg (67.1 KB, 525 views)
File Type: jpg H.jpg (66.0 KB, 519 views)

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 11-25-2017 at 12:07 PM.