NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-14-2007, 06:14 AM
Administrator

Default Anyone ever deal with this Baseball Card Dealer?

Posted By: Richard

Greetings, has anyone ever done business with this dealer? I have provided the link to his website. I was considering making a purchase but have never dealt with him. Would appreciate any replies.
Thank You

http://www.columbiacitycollectibles.com/menu/baseball/

Old 04-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jamie

picked up a few hard to find items for my player collection from them. they were quick to answer email questions and were nice enough to break up some items they had listed in lots on their website. items arrived very quickly. id deal with them again in a heartbeat.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Jamie, thanks very much. I appreciate the feedback on this dealer. Have a great weekend.
Thanks

Old 04-14-2007, 06:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob Dewolf

I've done 4-5 transactions with them over the years -- though none in the past five years or so -- and never had a problem. Good communication, prompt shipping, etc.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Jamie, it's funny you mention emails. I sent them an email inquiring about one of their cards and they never responded. I then called them and they gave me the impression that I was bothering them with my phonecall. However, my real question here is are they honest in their business dealings? Sounds like you had a positive experience though.
Thanks

Old 04-14-2007, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Thanks Rob. Good to hear another positive experience with this guy. They rushed me on the phone when I called them and I asked if the card was still available that I was interested in and they could not tell me. He just mumbled something about they have a large inventory and would LMK by the end of weekend. That didn't seem very professional to me. I never had the chance to ask this guy about paypal since I was rushed. They mention that they have some restrictions. Does anyone know what kind of restrictions?
Thanks

Old 04-14-2007, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John S

Mike and Cindy are good people. I have dealt with them numerous times. As you said they are not always prompt about returning emails, etc. but they have always shipped quickly.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave Hornish

CCC does take Paypal and the restrictions were not too bad as I recall. They can be slow to respond to questions but certainly honest. I got the impression their responses were less than ideal due more to disorganization or time constraints than arrogance and I think it's just Mike and his wife running the whole thing, soup to nuts. Move quickly if you want something, their inventory is quite liquid as they are a big dealer that advertises nationally.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jamie

I just waded through my inbox- I was wrong about response time over email. He actually took about 5 days between response. I do know once I paid the package arrived right away and this was only 2 months ago. He did allow me to break up lots for purchase as well.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Are you guys sure you aren't talking about me? I certainly understand the disorganization thing. Only last night someone bought a card from my website and I had already sold it and forgot to take it down. I do try to be very responsive though.....regards

Old 04-14-2007, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Guys, thanks very much for the info on this Dealer. It is sounding much better. I think my question was answered to my satisfaction. Greatly appreciate it. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Thanks

Old 04-14-2007, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

I can only speak from in person purchases. Mike & Cindy set up at every Ft. Washington (now Reading show). I've bought cards & memorabilia from them at those shows over the last 7 or 8 years. They are one of the very best & honest dealers I have ever met. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Alan

Old 04-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Randy Trierweiler

I've dealt with Mike and Cindy since the early 1990s. I've dealt with them at major shows, many Nationals, thru the mail, and on the internet. Never a problem. The response time may be slow due to the massive inventory they have, and the packing and moving of tons of huge albums for shows. If you are asking about 1 or 2 particular cards, it could take awhile, but they are solid folks to deal with. The inventory of odd and unusual stuff is mind boggling.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Griffin's

My transactions have always gone well, and they're pleasant at shows. They have a LOT of oddball stuff, and their booth looks a bit like Sanford and Son are now selling cards, so it doesn't surprise me that it takes them a while to check on things. In the end I'm sure you'll be happy.