NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-24-2023, 08:46 AM
Mike

Default Heritage auction shipping time

Hello all. I'm bidding in a Heritage auction that ends tonight and I'm moving 3 weeks from today. I think I remember reading here that it can take awhile to get items from Heritage.

From your experience, is 3 weeks enough of a cushion?

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2023, 08:49 AM
Jeremy

3 weeks is probably enough, but if I were you, I might ask them to wait and ship it to the new place. On the bright side, Heritage is still faster than Goldin, which is the slowest of all in my experience.
192/240 1933 Goudeys (Ruth #144, #149, Gehrig #92)
126/208 T205s
28/108? Diamond Stars
Old 06-24-2023, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drapala View Post
Hello all. I'm bidding in a Heritage auction that ends tonight and I'm moving 3 weeks from today. I think I remember reading here that it can take awhile to get items from Heritage.

Thanks!
Change your shipping address, temporarily, to your office or to a friend or family (maybe one in a no sales tax state), and the item will be shipped there and you don’t have to worry about it
Old 06-24-2023, 09:10 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Change your shipping address, temporarily, to your office or to a friend or family (maybe one in a no sales tax state), and the item will be shipped there and you don’t have to worry about it
I agree with Ryan.

My experience is it usually takes them about a week to ship after you pay.

Add in shipping time and it’s probably close to 2 weeks before it arrives.

If they are just a little bit slow on either end and you’re hosed. Why risk it!?

Another option is to intercept it. Usually they ship with FedEx. By going online and clicking a few buttons, you can direct FedEx to hold it at one of their locations, including convenient places like a lot of Walgreens. They will usually hold it there for a couple of weeks. Then you can pick it up at a place of your choosing and general leisure.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old 06-24-2023, 10:12 AM
Mike

Thanks everyone. I'll try to send it to family. Appreciate it!
Old 06-24-2023, 11:46 AM

That kind of delay is what I was counting on when I won a couple items a few months back. I was able to bid, but not in a location where I could pay for about 3-4 days afterward. Yet, two days later they shipped it out, and when I opened the box there was an invoice on a nice red sheet of paper. (I had paid by that point, just as I had planned.)

Weird. Just weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post

Old 06-24-2023, 12:45 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
I agree with Ryan.

If they are just a little bit slow on either end and you’re hosed. Why risk it!?

Another option is to intercept it. Usually they ship with FedEx. By going online and clicking a few buttons, you can direct FedEx to hold it at one of their locations, including convenient places like a lot of Walgreens. They will usually hold it there for a couple of weeks. Then you can pick it up at a place of your choosing and general leisure.
+1 agree with the change of address and if that is not an options then ask them to hold it until you move.

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 06-24-2023, 01:33 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by drapala View Post

Thanks!
And why not contact HA directly? I would think they would know best. Think it is a great practice to always go to the source.
Old 06-27-2023, 03:22 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

One more option I was recently toying with is to ship it to a vault temporarily.

For example, if I were headed on vacation for a few weeks (or even months), and I had a package that might arrive while I'm out, I could always just tell the shipper to send it to the vault while I'm out. Then after I get back, I could have the vault gather up all of those pieces that arrived while I was out, and ship them to me.

Along these lines, I suppose if I was going to be out of the country for a few years, then this might be one of the times when I would consider using a vault so as to not have to fuss with schlepping my collection around the globe and/or hoping that a storage unit will be sufficient protection. Especially if you want to keep adding to your collection while you're out. Just have the sellers ship it to your vault account, and they'll hold everything while you're globetrotting.

Of course, you would need to make sure that you trust the vault operator, and make sure that they're not going to hit you with fat fees for using them in this fashion.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 06-27-2023 at 03:25 PM.