NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main PreWWII Forums > Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #621  
Old 02-17-2017, 01:21 PM
botn's Avatar
botn botn is offline
Greg Schwartz
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
One thing is for certain, you will never need Viagra with that hard on you have for Brent. It's obvious from your posts (and Peter's and others) that some of you have had a hard on for Brent for a long time. Did you finally get him?
How could anyone get Brent when you have not managed to get off your knees for a second. Even Betsy is getting jealous.
__________________
The market is not correcting that was a pretty lo-end example. Had a stain on back and very poor focus and centering plus historically, prices tend to dip before the National.
  #622  
Old 02-17-2017, 01:44 PM
rats60's Avatar
rats60 rats60 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
When he says, "Some call it "shill bidding". Others call it "pushing/protecting". Regardless of what you call it, as long as you pay for what you win, and it wasn't yours to begin with, that's all it is" he is implying that he bid on cards because he is being asked to do so or helping someone out. Otherwise, why even bring it up? Just because a card isn't yours doesn't mean you can't shill it. Right Peter?
Where did he say that he has bid on a card because he was asked to? Can you please quote that? I only see where he was asked to bid on a card and didn't.

How is it shilling if you are willing to buy the card? If you see a PSA 8 52 T Mantle at a small auction selling for 100 k when you know it's worth 500k, are you going to let someone get a steal and make 400k or are you going to bid, even if you don't really want the card, because you know you can flip it for a huge profit?
  #623  
Old 02-17-2017, 01:46 PM
Whodunit Whodunit is offline
Cort.ney De.Lorme
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 80
Default

So, Betsy started out by posting that my "very large unpaid debt" was the reason (not necessarily the only reason) for my being blocked by them. I have provided documents showing where i asked PRIOR to posting for an invoice for that "debt" so that I could pay them. It has been brought up and referenced on this thread MANY times. Can anyone seem to figure out why ive asked, why some of you guys have asked, etc for an invoice to settle that debt but yet, while they keep posting and attacking my character, refuse to acknowledge the request of an invoice to settle a debt? It's pretty clear that all eyes within that company are on this thread with the fact that s(he) keeps posting about EVERYTHING ELSE. Could it still be that the only thing that they have on me is an unpaid item, that Brent marked as paid and wont let me pay it via any form other than a forced wire or paypal gift. Am I the only one noticing that she brought up the debt yesterday afternoon, has posted several times since, but refuses to acknowledge it now? Could it be that Brent is scared shitless of what Ill show you guys next?

Last edited by Whodunit; 02-17-2017 at 01:47 PM.
  #624  
Old 02-17-2017, 01:54 PM
glynparson's Avatar
glynparson glynparson is offline
Glyn Parson
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blandon PA
Posts: 1,482
Default lol

Greg drops the mic! I am so glad I wasn't drinking something when i read this.

Last edited by glynparson; 02-17-2017 at 01:55 PM.
  #625  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:51 PM
tschock tschock is offline
T@yl0r $ch0ck
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodunit View Post
So, Betsy started out by posting that my "very large unpaid debt" was the reason (not necessarily the only reason) for my being blocked by them. I have provided documents showing where i asked PRIOR to posting for an invoice for that "debt" so that I could pay them. It has been brought up and referenced on this thread MANY times. Can anyone seem to figure out why ive asked, why some of you guys have asked, etc for an invoice to settle that debt but yet, while they keep posting and attacking my character, refuse to acknowledge the request of an invoice to settle a debt? It's pretty clear that all eyes within that company are on this thread with the fact that s(he) keeps posting about EVERYTHING ELSE. Could it still be that the only thing that they have on me is an unpaid item, that Brent marked as paid and wont let me pay it via any form other than a forced wire or paypal gift. Am I the only one noticing that she brought up the debt yesterday afternoon, has posted several times since, but refuses to acknowledge it now? Could it be that Brent is scared shitless of what Ill show you guys next?
Out of my league, but something else I'd be concerned about. Wouldn't a $10K+ paypal Friends and Family 'gift' get flagged by the gubmint as well? With an invoice, there at least is a paper trail to an actual item.
  #626  
Old 02-17-2017, 03:09 PM
GasHouseGang's Avatar
GasHouseGang GasHouseGang is offline
David M.
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S. California
Posts: 1,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodunit View Post
1) Brent marked the cards paid before my paying for them; I have not received the cards. If he cancelled the purchase due to a non-payment, why was I not blocked for being a non-paying bidder? Also, why did I wire him 250K the month prior for another agreement? All of this is simple, elementary logic.
You keep saying you have more to tell us about even bigger transactions. Is it related to the $250K you claim to have sent to Brent for "another agreement" the month before. That terminology certainly is a weird way to describe a baseball card transaction. Do you want to enlighten us?

David Maupin

Last edited by GasHouseGang; 02-17-2017 at 03:18 PM. Reason: To add my name.
  #627  
Old 02-17-2017, 03:30 PM
sushihotwings sushihotwings is offline
D@V!D
member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
How could anyone get Brent when you have not managed to get off your knees for a second. Even Betsy is getting jealous.
You know what guys. This kind of loose talk is getting out of hand.You just crossed way over any kind of respectable line here.

David Lamont

Last edited by sushihotwings; 02-17-2017 at 03:30 PM.
  #628  
Old 02-17-2017, 03:40 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is offline
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 10,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
One thing is for certain, you will never need Viagra with that hard on you have for Brent. It's obvious from your posts (and Peter's and others) that some of you have had a hard on for Brent for a long time. Did you finally get him?
I have no personal animosity towards Brent, in fact I email with him directly when issues arise, including about the DiMaggio card. Our exchanges are always perfectly polite, even if he sometimes disagrees with my analysis/perspective and understands that I may post my opinion. The ad hominem attacks, David, really don't advance things. They are usually the resort of someone who is losing an argument.
__________________
Staunch defender of the status quo. All prices however crazy are 100 percent legit and rational.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-17-2017 at 03:48 PM.
  #629  
Old 02-17-2017, 03:59 PM
FirstYearCards FirstYearCards is online now
Bill Lucier
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 231
Default

Only way to know you're losing an argument. You're still arguing.
__________________
I'm always collecting Hall of Fame Rookies and First Year Cards.
  #630  
Old 02-17-2017, 04:04 PM
Rookiemonster's Avatar
Rookiemonster Rookiemonster is offline
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nj
Posts: 981
Default

So at this point it appears Greg jump head first in to the rabbit hole and pulled out some funky stuff. How many card have had this treatment over the years ? How many are in your collection?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a62acbe616faba8dfc08fbeb808d39bc.jpg (55.5 KB, 454 views)
__________________
Just a collector that likes to talk and read about the Hobby. 🤓👍🏼

Last edited by Rookiemonster; 02-17-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anyone here own a 1936 Joe Dimaggio World Wide Gum rookie? Zone91 Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 18 09-23-2014 06:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.


ebay GSB