NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 01-19-2013, 01:51 PM

I agree that it is not real. There are a lot of collectors who follow this seller's stuff and think he is 100% legit, but I have seen way too many bad autographs being sold by him.

I highly doubt that signature is real.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagechris View Post
I agree that it is not real. There are a lot of collectors who follow this seller's stuff and think he is 100% legit, but I have seen way too many bad autographs being sold by him.

I highly doubt that signature is real.
Exactly. I'm sure an underbidder thinks the signature and dealer are both legit. Otherwise, why would they bid?

I've followed this seller's auctions for a few months and he does seem to throw some legit signatures in there. And giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe he is unknowingly selling fakes because he bought them from someone he trusts. But I don't think that's the case as the sketchy ones are always cards that unsigned are very cheap, but signed are very hard to find and worth a pretty penny to set collectors. Turn a 10-cent card into a $100 card just like that. Either way, no matter how many I thought were good, there's more than enough that raise my eyebrows to make me stay away.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgo71 View Post
Exactly. I'm sure an underbidder thinks the signature and dealer are both legit. Otherwise, why would they bid?

I've followed this seller's auctions for a few months and he does seem to throw some legit signatures in there. And giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe he is unknowingly selling fakes because he bought them from someone he trusts. But I don't think that's the case as the sketchy ones are always cards that unsigned are very cheap, but signed are very hard to find and worth a pretty penny to set collectors. Turn a 10-cent card into a $100 card just like that. Either way, no matter how many I thought were good, there's more than enough that raise my eyebrows to make me stay away.
I've followed him for a couple of years and he claims to get all his signatures in person. He must be best buddies with Dave Winfield, Mike Schmidt and Rickey Henderson as he is always selling them. It's funny how all his signatures are always perfect too. No smudges, no pen skips, just no issues at all.

He does sell some legit autographs but like I said, he mixes in bad. He lists a bunch of Randy Johnson's as well and he always makes the same mistake with his signature, but he always shows some old photo of him signing somewhere.

Mike Witt too. Tough signature. Not impossible by any means but the number he has sold over the years compared as a % to the total # of autographs he sells, just doesn't add up.

Like Richard said, he has been putting not a dealer in his listing for years but he seems to keep coming up with these players and he keeps selling them, so he is something more than the average Joe selling what he once collected.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Hank

It's always interesting to see how some odd ball collectibles will sell for...you just never know what people are willing to pay beyond the standard norm of what something is "worth."

I know I overpay for items that I really have been on the lookout for...it happens!

I hope it is not fake!

Hank from Cincinnati