NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 06-06-2015, 06:17 AM
John

Default Outing an Auction?

What's the etiquette on outing an auction where I think the card may be trimmed? This is a graded card, so I really did just want another opinion.....

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 06-06-2015 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezHood View Post
What's the etiquette on outing an auction where I think the card may be trimmed? This is a graded card, so I really did just want another opinion.....
There is no rule whatsoever. Etiquette? Most members don't like legit auctions outed because if they are interested in the auction it very well might cost them more to get the item. On the other hand most members appreciate auctions being outed which have issues. So, do what you want to and have fun.....
Old 06-06-2015, 09:24 PM
John

Thanks Leon - appreciate your jumping in. Another board member is going to take a look. If there's agreement the card may have an issue, I'll post a link early. If not, I'll wait till the auction ends.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:25 PM
John

I got an expert opinion that the card was fine, so I waited until the auction ended earlier tonight before posting anything. And the auction did really well (about $135 more than the recent PWCC auction for the card in the same grade): http://www.ebay.com/itm/1935-nationa...p2047675.l2557

My concern was with the size of the card relative to the holder (lots of extra room). I feel like I've been seeing more Chicles that look small recently. Often they are placed in a larger holder with a mylar over them. I guess I've been really paranoid after reading the 48 Leaf thread we had a while back about all the trimmed cards winding up in graded holders....