NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-17-2017, 07:05 PM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

I was cracking up at work today reading this thread. It's like an honest Mr. Mint or something. I see nothing wrong with a guy offering liquidity to a marketplace, especially if he's being upfront about it. I've been looking to take a break buying/trading but I may be interested to take him up at some point. Regardless, i hope to see the swashbuckling shenanigans continue.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:20 PM
John Wondowski

My experience in this was interesting. Stephen and I debated the merits / feasibility of his trade strategy - it was done politely. I sent a lot over for consideration and we bantered a bit, but a deal was quickly done. Now, Stephen and I are polar opposites on the intense scale. Wasn't a problem. When we did do a trade, it couldn't have been two more different lots of cards; we obviously valued them differently. Much fun!!
Old 04-18-2017, 07:13 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

That is very cool. Glad to hear this is the type thing going on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo View Post
My experience in this was interesting. Stephen and I debated the merits / feasibility of his trade strategy - it was done politely. I sent a lot over for consideration and we bantered a bit, but a deal was quickly done. Now, Stephen and I are polar opposites on the intense scale. Wasn't a problem. When we did do a trade, it couldn't have been two more different lots of cards; we obviously valued them differently. Much fun!!
Old 04-18-2017, 08:58 AM
Brendan Mullen

My experience was also favorable. We texted back and forth for a day or so and came to an agreement. I hope to do another deal with him in the future for sure.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:00 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Hit the nail on the head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
My experience was also favorable. We texted back and forth for a day or so and came to an agreement. I hope to do another deal with him in the future for sure.

My man
Old 04-18-2017, 09:02 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Ok boys. Here is where we stand.

Started with a WOJO/WAJO.

I am now left with

T206 McGraw, finger air, psa2 HOF
T206 Kelly, psa3 HOF
T206 Pelty, vert, psa 4.5
T206 McEvlveen, bvg 4
a very nice raw NM range 62 topps Mays AS card
T-206 Rube Marquard
Honus Wagner Photo

Make a offer for some or all. We will then go on to the next stage.

Remember. I am not picky.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:51 PM
John Mavroudis

I hope you end up with that '52 Mantle instead of being shell shocked with only an '87 Topps Lasorda card to show for this. (the horror!)

For the record... I love the whole trading cards thing...

It brings back the spirit of original card collecting.
(can you believe it? Giants and Dodgers fans agreeing?!!!)

I collect original baseball artwork, and I'd love to trade some of my pieces to get ones featuring Giants instead of other teams...

Best of luck!!!

www.zenpop.com
Old 04-19-2017, 08:20 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Your T206s should move fine. But like the last member said, I hope you don't trade from a T206 Wajo to a Donruss Joe Schmo at end......

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post

I am now left with

T206 Kelly, psa3 HOF
T206 McEvlveen, bvg 4
T-206 Rube Marquard
Honus Wagner Photo

Old 04-19-2017, 08:40 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Your T206s should move fine. But like the last member said, I hope you don't trade from a T206 Wajo to a Donruss Joe Schmo at end......
Wait. This 87 Topps card is bad? I call trade backs!
Old 04-19-2017, 08:44 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:

I am now left with

T206 Kelly, psa3 HOF
T206 McEvlveen, bvg 4
T-206 Rube Marquard
Honus Wagner Photo

You aren't just left with this are you? You also have some funds from previous sales correct?
Old 04-19-2017, 08:53 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
You aren't just left with this are you? You also have some funds from previous sales correct?
Correct.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:00 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Here is what's left. Gonna give this till Sunday before throwing them up for ebay 7 day auction.

Better Photos:

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-26-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:55 AM
C@rl P@rk

Default Wagner photo

I am following this with interest as I got three really nice cards for my T206 pursuit and am wishing Stephen all the best in his pursuit. I had a question for those in the know as I know nothing about photographs, but that Wagner piece is pretty cool. Does anyone have an opinion on what that might be worth on the open market? I am not interested in acquiring, just wondering what something like that would go for to a collector of such things. I guess it might be hard to tell from just a scan, but for my own edification, throwing the question out there.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:03 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFisk View Post
I am following this with interest as I got three really nice cards for my T206 pursuit and am wishing Stephen all the best in his pursuit. I had a question for those in the know as I know nothing about photographs, but that Wagner piece is pretty cool. Does anyone have an opinion on what that might be worth on the open market? I am not interested in acquiring, just wondering what something like that would go for to a collector of such things. I guess it might be hard to tell from just a scan, but for my own edification, throwing the question out there.
A Trillionnn Dollars
Old 04-19-2017, 11:04 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
im not a big photo guy but i see everything!!!!! I'd say a few hundred bucks for the wags photo.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:22 AM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
A Trillionnn Dollars
Haha. Of course!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Haha. Of course!

I bet he would trade it for a lot less...like for a Mantle.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:11 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
I bet he would trade it for a lot less...like for a Mantle.
Rather have the trillion lol
Old 04-19-2017, 12:11 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
2 years ago that exact copy sold for $42.08 in an RMY auction. It was also advertised as a WIRE.

http://rmyauctions.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=9222
Old 04-19-2017, 12:13 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
2 years ago that exact copy sold for $42.08 in an RMY auction. It was also advertised as a WIRE.

http://rmyauctions.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=9222
Awesome! Now I know exactly what I have.

Good thing the photo market boomed since then
Old 04-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Brendan Mullen

I'd say a few hundred bucks for the wags photo.

I'm not sure it would be that high. Maybe to the right collector though. I'd say $75-$200 would be a good estimate. Photos have also completely exploded in the last year (especially Ruth, Gehrig, and Joe Jackson). Photos that used to go for $50 a couple of years ago now easily go into the hundreds if not thousands.

Last edited by Bpm0014; 04-19-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:13 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Well I do not want this damn photo lol does someone want it in a trade?

Let's go! I'd sell it too!

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-19-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:14 PM
C@rl P@rk

Good stuff, everyone. Always found vintage photo collecting interesting as the ignoramus that I am. Never realized it was such a robust market before reading about it on here. I always just assumed the money was in negatives but not necessarily in the actual developed prints which theoretically could have been struck limitlessly. Guess it's like anything else with scarcity and demand.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:53 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
I'd say a few hundred bucks for the wags photo.

I'm not sure it would be that high. Maybe to the right collector though. I'd say $75-$200 would be a good estimate. Photos have also completely exploded in the last year (especially Ruth, Gehrig, and Joe Jackson). Photos that used to go for $50 a couple of years ago now easily go into the hundreds if not thousands.
That is a very generous estimate. If it is a Wire, as it was originally advertised, I don't see a non playing Wagner Wire selling for over $100. Wire photos do not carry the demand originals do. Neither do post playing day photos compared to playing days. I think the $40 it sold for in 2015 is about what I would expect it to receive today. Now if it turns out it isn't really a Wire as Rhys originally claimed, then it is possible it sells/trades for a slightly higher price.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:40 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
That is a very generous estimate. If it is a Wire, as it was originally advertised, I don't see a non playing Wagner Wire selling for over $100. Wire photos do not carry the demand originals do. Neither do post playing day photos compared to playing days. I think the $40 it sold for in 2015 is about what I would expect it to receive today. Now if it turns out it isn't really a Wire as Rhys originally claimed, then it is possible it sells/trades for a slightly higher price.
Agreed. Even though image quality can vary wildly on wire photos, even the best rarely sell for more than $50.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:43 PM

Edit...nevermind, you were totally right... Regardless, I agree with you on the price.

Fun thread! Good luck.

Quote:

Last edited by Dewey; 04-19-2017 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:13 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

No offers on the remaining cards?

Gonna hit ebay for a 10 day auction soon.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:02 PM
pete ullman

I would throw it up for auction on the Buy sell thread... you can't lose momentum !😬
Old 04-20-2017, 01:03 PM
Luke Lyon

I saw your T206 Overall on ebay. In my opinion, in order to have any chance of reaching your goal within a few years rather than decades, you need to churn through your "inventory" and turn it into new stuff. If you had millions of dollars worth of cards, you could price stuff like Dean's and not care if you only sell a few things per week. The Overall is a $30 card if you're lucky. Listing it for $100 is just shooting yourself in the foot. You won't get any offers and your trade up inventory will just sit stagnant. Again, my opinion, but I think you need to just get someone to pay $30 and roll that $30 into something else.

It's been fun to follow along, I'm rooting for you.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:05 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I saw your T206 Overall on ebay. In my opinion, in order to have any chance of reaching your goal within a few years rather than decades, you need to churn through your "inventory" and turn it into new stuff. If you had millions of dollars worth of cards, you could price stuff like Dean's and not care if you only sell a few things per week. The Overall is a $30 card if you're lucky. Listing it for $100 is just shooting yourself in the foot. You won't get any offers and your trade up inventory will just sit stagnant. Again, my opinion, but I think you need to just get someone to pay $30 and roll that $30 into something else.

It's been fun to follow along, I'm rooting for you.

The overall is not part of the trade up. That's why it's priced as such. Only what is listed in this thread is available. That was a different trade that didn't involve the Walter Johnson. Ps it's best offer so someone can offer anything.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-20-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:19 PM
Luke Lyon

Ah ok, my mistake.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:49 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I would throw it up for auction on the Buy sell thread... you can't lose momentum !😬
Right! Put em on Ebay and see what happens....
Old 04-20-2017, 05:51 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Right! Put em on Ebay and see what happens....

How bout nooooo mini me
Old 04-20-2017, 05:52 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
How bout nooooo mini me
??? English please...
Old 04-20-2017, 05:53 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
??? English please...

How. Bout. Noooooo. Mini . Me
Old 04-20-2017, 06:04 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
How. Bout. Noooooo. Mini . Me
Can we still do a 2-1 trade value in your favor (trade up)? I really want you to get that 52 Mantle....
Old 04-20-2017, 06:05 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Can we still do a 2-1 trade value in your favor (trade up)? I really want you to get that 52 Mantle....

Of course we can. Pm me and let's make it happen
Old 04-20-2017, 06:44 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Of course we can. Pm me and let's make it happen
Sent you a trade proposal....
Old 04-20-2017, 06:50 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Sent you a trade proposal....
Didn't get anything. Are you sure you're not just messing around?
Old 04-20-2017, 06:54 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Didn't get anything. Are you sure you're not just messing around?
No, not at all. This is actually a 3-1 trade value based upon current VCP prices....I want you to have that Mantle...
Old 04-20-2017, 06:56 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
No, not at all. This is actually a 3-1 trade value based upon current VCP prices....I want you to have that Mantle...

I didn't get anything. Oh man. You can post it here for everyone to see I don't mind.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:08 PM
John Wondowski

Hey, I'd like to see the offer! Kevin has a great inventory. I hope,though, that the offer is genuine and not just yanking the chain of a fellow board member when it comes to doing a deal.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:37 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Hey, I'd like to see the offer! Kevin has a great inventory. I hope,though, that the offer is genuine and not just yanking the chain of a fellow board member when it comes to doing a deal.
John....Seriously? This freaking guy is a mooch....Stephen, shoot Jeff Lichtman an email with your wants....
Old 04-20-2017, 07:40 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Don't post in this thread again.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:43 PM
John Wondowski

Quote:
John....Seriously? This freaking guy is a mooch....Stephen, shoot Jeff Lichtman an email with your wants....
Kevin,
Waddya mean am I serious? I am dead serious. Are you saying that Your offer isn't real? So, if I don't like someone it's ok if I lie about making an offer on his cards? Poor form; poor form.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:45 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

If he (hi Kevin) posts in this thread again he will be suspended.
You can take it to email or PM with him. That behavior won't be tolerated here. He can start crap on some other board not this one.

Quote:
Kevin,
Waddya mean am I serious? I am dead serious. Are you saying that Your offer isn't real? So, if I don't like someone it's ok if I lie about making an offer on his cards? Poor form; poor form.

Last edited by Leon; 04-20-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:05 PM
Brendan Mullen

I'm on the sidelines for this but really want to see this concept succeed. Kevin is kind of a jerk for no reason. Always has to comment on other people's threads. Not cool man. If you don't like what he's doing then that's fine. Move along to another thread. You kind of think you're better than everyone else from what I read. You're not. And I REALLY need a card that you have but would never buy it off of you because of how you treat others on here. Maybe you'll change one day.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:09 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Hey guys and girls
Let's don't sling any other comments Kevin's way in this thread as it isn't fair that he can't respond, please. I think most of us are on the same page here. This thread and game isn't hurting anyone and some members are having fun watching and participating. We need more interesting things not less...carry on and good luck to Stephen...

Last edited by Leon; 04-20-2017 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:09 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Hey guys and girls
Let's don't sling any other comments Kevin's way in this thread as it isn't fair that he can't respond, please. I think most of us are on the same page here. This thread and game isn't hurting anyone and some members are having fun watching and participating. We need more interesting things not less...carry on and good luck to Stephen...
Fair enough haha

Anyways, Hi everyone, it's me the mooch.

Lets move a few of these items today.

I'll move the RUBE T-206 for $35 DLVD and that Wagner Photo for $50 DLVD orrrr take both of them for $80.

I have been getting trade offers on the T-206's that are graded, however I would much rather sell them, as I can't really down grade much from these cards, unless you want to offer 1 card for them then that may be easier for what I am trying to accomplish. will sell every graded card a VCP. Let's go boys. Give these puppies a new home and get ready for the next card I buy once these cards are gone.

Any recommendations for the next card I buy? something in the 800-1000 range. Thanks
Old 04-21-2017, 08:11 AM

I would look for a SGC 10 or SGC 15 Cobb T206 with nice eye appeal. I think you could get one for around $1,000 and it would be a desirable card for a lot of people with things to trade who want a Cobb.