NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Marvin J.

Default Leon, I hope you're partying with the Rangers!

Good god I miss Texas!!!!

Hope you're out in the streets getting hammered with the rest of Texas!

I use to live right near the stadium, by the Hooters, when I was attending UTA.

Now, I live about 30 minutes from the Oakland Athletics...and I refuse to watch them play! haha

Way to go Texas!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:05 PM

Congratulations to the Rangers. Don't think many people expected them to be back in the World Series after their ace left. Wonder if Lee is rethinking that decision?
Old 10-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Larry

The result was due to a truly pathetic effort by the Tigers, more than anything else--boy, what stinkers! I'll have to adopt a team next year!

Regards,

Larry
Old 10-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Joe

Go Rangers!

I'll be at the game on Sat night for game 3!

Hopefully the can win it all this year!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenv View Post
Congratulations to the Rangers. Don't think many people expected them to be back in the World Series after their ace left. Wonder if Lee is rethinking that decision?
If Lee could have held a four run lead against the Cards he may have ended up pitching against his old mates.

my eBay auctions
Old 10-16-2011, 05:47 AM
Barry Sloate

Has anyone ever had a better series than Nelson Cruz?
Old 10-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default happy but

I think the Rangers are a good team. I actually watched the game last night, which is something I rarely do (watch professional sports). Nolan Ryan is a good ole boy and lots of the Rangers seem like good guys so I am glad for them. I don't plan on going to any of the games though....but for those that do, I am sure you will enjoy it. Go Rangers.....
now I will go back to playing with my baseball cards .
Old 10-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Belltown Vintage

I kind of liked the Tigers, especially because of how Doug Fister was able to excel after the Mariners traded him. I can only imagine what Felix could do with a decent team.

But as a Rangers fan who went to a gazillion games during the Nolan Ryan years, its nice to see the current success - hopefully they'll get to play the Cardinals and prove to the t.v. moguls that we'll watch a World Series that doesn't involve the Phillies or the Yankees.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Doug C.

The ginger ale celebrations never get old! As a Reds fan, I'm still pulling for Josh Hamilton (especially since trading him for Edinson Volquez looks like a total bust).
Old 10-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Rich Klein

Default Count me in amongst those going

I'm excited but trust me; giong to these games are a real beat-down as well. It would be so nice if Arlington would ever get public transportation

Rich
Old 10-16-2011, 02:35 PM

Anyone within the Rangers geographic "area" will tell you in a heartbeat that it's nice the Rangers are in the Series but how are the Cowboys, Loghorns, Aggies, etc. doing? Football was, is and always will be king in Texas and the Rangers will always be the stepchildren.
The Rangers do a horrible job of promoting themselves, even the Mavs do a better job.
I have always pulled for the American League so I hope the Rangers win but the Cardinals because of their roots are much, much more popular in Arkansas. All those native Arkansans like Dizzy and Paul Dean through Lou Brock, etc. playing for the Redbirds and the fact St. Louis was the only area team and had their AAA team in Little Rock, made this State a Cardinal haven although in NW Arkansas the Royals are trying to chip away with a very successful AA team.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Mike Dugan

Bob- The Royals will never be an Arkansas team even with their sleazy Wal-Mart connection, maybe because of their Wal-Mart connection.

Lets go El Birdos!!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Mike Navarro

Here's some pics from last nights ALCS Game 6 winner against Detroit. What a great time

Here's Mrs. thenavarro, and me before the game filled with optimism (and a pregame chicken fried chicken platter)

The Rangers in the 9th, getting ready to celebrate

The last pitch of the 2011 ALCS

The party is on

Dejected Detroit

Nellie accepting his MVP trophy for a pretty good performance in the ALCS

Congrats to the Texas Rangers, the 2011 American League Champions (back to back)

Old 10-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Matt

Default Their weakest link...

As a huge Tigers fan, it was obviously tough to watch this series as they missed countless opportunities to win.......but, I gotta wish the Rangers the best of luck. They're a very good team and I really think their biggest weakness is their starting pitching, otherwise the bullpen and starting lineup are extremely solid.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:26 PM

Congrats to the El Birdos! This should be a very interesting and entertaining World Series between two (seemingly) evenly matched teams.
I think Tony L. HAS to be recognized as one of the best managers of the modern era. He has a lot of detractors who think he overmanages and employs odd strategies but his career matches up with anyone's and his job this year with the Cards was amazing.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Mike Dugan

Certainly not a great matchup for the folks at Fox but I will enjoy every minute of it!