NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Po.well Mill.er

Default Baseball Museum

I am in the ideation stage of creating a baseball museum in Rochester, Michigan. It will focus on vintage baseball memorabilia and cards with special emphasis on the Detroit Tigers. It will include my Wall of Cards now missing only the Doyle. It will be non profit and my goal is to promote the great game of baseball and collecting cards and memorabilia. It will take at least a few years but I hope to make it world class and that many of you will check it out. I have learned a lot from many of you and your ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Powell
Old 06-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I have a million ideas . One would be to keep in mind that it should be interesting to as many as possible, given the main subject, in order to attract more visitors. Is your thought to have it open to the public, private showings only, etc....? Good luck in the quest. There are quite a few Tigers collectors on the board.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:42 PM

Michigan is a good place to do it. Central location between big states, lots of folks, good baseball and sports history-- Ty Cobb to Joe Louis. I grew up in neighboring Wisconsin and my mom's side was from Michigan so I've visited many times.

Last edited by drc; 06-09-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:07 PM

Excellent idea! I would attend whenever I'm in the area, if only to see the wall of cards.

It goes without saying, but I would recommend a section or corner devoted to Mr. Ernie Harwell.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Po.well Mill.er

I am open minded. I want free admission or just enough to cover costs. I have Ernie Harwell's original scorecards from the 1984 World Series, many unique items with a focus on Cobb and vintage cards especially T-206 and Plow's Candy.
I am thinking a vintage baseball card room, 1935 room, 1968 room and 1984 room and other exhibits focused on unique items like the letter welcoming Roberto Clenente to the Pirates, a Cobb thank you letter for Ty Cobb day that never happened, Leo Duricher's letter begging for his job back while on suspension, a Black Sox era letter suggesting the Tigers threw a game for money, Sam Crawford writing about 8 Men Out, very rare autographs of Dazzy Vance, Chapman and several others. I hope to inspire interest in baseball, collecting and preserve history.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:08 PM
David H.

Having grown up in Michigan, I believe an area devoted to the old Tiger Stadium would get a lot of play in the area. There were a lot of hard feelings when it was abandoned.

It would also be neat to devote an area on the minor league teams of Michigan, or the Great Lakes region.

Lou Gehrig Items
Christy Mathewson Cards
Addie Joss Cards
E103 (30/30 100%)
T206 NY Highlanders (100%)
1956 Topps Yankees (100%)
T210 Series 3 Orange Borders (9/20 45%)
Old 06-10-2012, 08:19 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

I would devote some space to the history of baseball in Michigan. Specifically, the Detroit championship in 1887 would be interesting to a lot of people I would think. If you decide to include some material relating to this I would suggest that you contact my good friend Joe Gonsowski who is one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to this.