NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-24-2003, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Default Seller ending auction early

Posted By: runscott 

I intended to bid on this, but apparently the seller didn't like the projected end price and cancelled all bids at the last minute. Bad form.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31718&item=2700767319&rd=1

Old 01-24-2003, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ben

What was bidding up to when it was pulled?

Old 01-24-2003, 05:11 PM
Administrator

The seller has truly incredible feedback and told me he can't locate the card in his inventory.

Old 01-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff S

I wish I had an inventory that allowed for an N172 Flint to get lost...

Old 01-24-2003, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert {Bigb13}

last week with this auction. I was going to try and snip it and the seller ended it early. Rob http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=1988154979

Old 01-24-2003, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

There were 9 separate bidders, any of whom might have placed more than one bid, so if you do the math, with a starting bid of $75 I'd say it was likely that the buying price was above book value.

Old 01-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Seems to a looming problem for ebay. You would think that there would be some sort of restriction on when a seller can cancell an auction.

This may have been an honest error on this seller's part, but I have seen a number auction lately that were cancelled near the end, and that is not right. I had a bunch of movies up in seperate auctions and almsot none of them got a single bid until the last few hours.

Jay

Old 01-25-2003, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Book has vg's at $90 I think - seems low based on current market.

Old 01-25-2003, 08:56 AM
Administrator

I think he was watching the auctions end and was preparing his inventory for shipping. When he couldn't find the card he panicked, ended the auction to avoid neg feedback, and other problems that might arise. I'm not a dealer, so losing a "for sell" item is virtually impossible, but I can see it happening for people with large inventories.

Old 01-25-2003, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

This happened to me once as a dealer--unfortunately, the auction closed and the card was nowhere to be found. Fortunately, the buyer was cool about it.

You don't have to have a large inventory to lose something, even something significant; I lost the only B18 I had and did not find it for so long that I actually deleted it from my insurance list (I figured I must have traded it off in some deal I could not recall). It turned up under a stack of album sheets of modern cards that I was prepping to give to my nephew.

If the guy has good feedback as a seller, I'd take the proffered excuse at face value.

Old 01-25-2003, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

According to Tik Sr., from our very nice conversations, he has probably lost more than I have ...but he usually finds them years later best regards