NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-27-2002, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay & Registered members

Posted By: Cy 

How does ebay allow non-registered members to bid and sell? I don't think it's right for a guy with a 10-20 feedback to do it. But I noticed a buyer/seller, nonregistered, who has a 5000+ feedback. Does anyone know the policy?

Cy

Old 10-27-2002, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: David

Don't know what you mean. You have to be registered to bid and sell. Realize that someone with a, say, 5000 feedback can be booted or suspended-- so the feedback number doesn't itself have much to do with it.

Old 10-27-2002, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jeff s

It depends on the context in which you saw this, Cy. There are plenty of members out there who assembled a good feedback rating, then became non-registered because either a) they chose to, or b) they were kicked off (NARUed). However, once someone is kicked off, they do not disappear from the eBay database - you can still look up their feedback, and their feedback is visible in the fb profiles of others (with the designation that they are NotARegisteredUser).

I'm 99.9% sure that if you are NARU, you cannot under any circumstances sell. If you have auctions running, and in the middle of those auctions, you are kicked off, all of your current auctions will be immediately halted and will disappear from the database.

Old 10-27-2002, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: aconte

Does anyone here know why WIWAG is no longer
a registered user on ebay?

Aconte

Old 10-28-2002, 03:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Monsta

Ebay is very tough on people who don't keep their accts current and will "un-register" you while it is delinquent. It's like the power company turning off your power until the bill is paid. When paid, your free to bid and sell again. Other things come into play where they "un-register" you for violations similar to being in the penalty box (e.g. shill bidding). After a cool-off period, you can come back until you viololate the rules again. I think its a three-strikes thing. CY: Where do you see an ebayer that is unregistered and still operating? What's there handle?

Old 10-28-2002, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Cy

wiwag has a +5761 feedback and is unregistered. This is what I found confusing, although some of you are spreading some light on the subject.

Old 10-28-2002, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: marty

John and Craig have taken their business in a different direction. They are involved in a company that I believe is called "Grade and Trade" or something like that. I am not sure on all of the details, so I will not try to explain what I may not get 100% correct.

Old 10-28-2002, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: David

Sometime it can be innocent and temporary. For example, if a seller's information is incomplete (wrong phone number or incomplete mailing address or credit card not updated), eBay can temporarily suspend the seller until the info is fixed.