NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Scott

Default Show anything KINGOFCLOUT hasnt asked to be seen yet:

thought this thread should just about wrap up any future thread KINGOFCLOUT forgot....

lets call this thread : SHOW YOUR EPHEMERA WITH ATHLETES

Old 12-23-2009, 07:03 AM

Default Great topic for a thread Scott...

Although I still have a list of ideas for some future threads...

1928lougehrigsportingnews.jpg1927lou1.jpg
Old 12-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Rick P

"And lo, across the land, the people looked as one upon their rubber bracelets bearing the initials WWJD ... and contemplated: What Would Jimmy Do?"
Old 12-23-2009, 11:21 AM
David R

For what it's worth, I really like the KINGOFCLOUT "show us" threads.

In keeping with the theme of this post, here are some random pins to show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pins.jpg (32.7 KB, 215 views)

Last edited by David R; 12-23-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Change the title to, "show us you're a shallow collector."

Jimmy,

You've got some terrific stuff and great knowledge of vintage photos... From what I can see, your threads are popular with many. Don't let a couple of jealous adolescents prevent you from continuing these threads. Steve
Old 12-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Jimmy, the posts of your collection are perhaps the most interesting stuff seen on Net 54. Keep 'em coming.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Rick P

Geez, I hope no one misinterpreted my tongue-in-check remark...I'm a big Jimmy fan too! Keep 'em coming, fellows!

Rick
Old 12-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Mike H.

Keep up the "post your" posts Jimmy. They are excellent and enthusiastic. Uuh...Mr. Fandango...the piece you posted is on the wrong board, but thank you just the same.

Last edited by mjkm90; 12-25-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:38 PM

Default Wow ! Thanks for ALL the support Guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtix View Post
Geez, I hope no one misinterpreted my tongue-in-check remark...I'm a big Jimmy fan too! Keep 'em coming, fellows!

Rick
First off, Rick "oldtix" is a penpal of mine and his comment was sincere in his effort to put ScottFandango in his place. Thanks again Rick.

I shouldn't have let this bother me as much as it had the last few days. I just couldn't understand his attacking me considering he collects cards not memorabilia and he has NEVER ONCE commented on one of my threads prior.

Anyway, I just figured it wouldn't be Christmas without Scrooge AKA ScottFandango.

Regardless, the support from my fellow board members have made a tremendous impact on me on this Christmas Day, and I mean that sincerely. Thanks again Guys.

One more thing...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy, the posts of your collection are perhaps the most interesting stuff seen on Net 54. Keep 'em coming.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This comment, especially coming from calvindog maybe one of the best gifts I've ever received on Christmas Day.

Last edited by thekingofclout; 12-25-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Al

Default Some of the best

Jimmy,
As others have said I love seeing your items. You always share your collection freely with the others on the board. If more took the time as you do to post the place would be a whole lot better. As I have said before Im always in awe of some of your items A class act all the way! Al
Old 12-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Dan Bretta

I found this to be an odd posting from Scott considering he mentioned once that he has trolls following him around the different internet boards hating on his Albert Pujols collection. This thread seemed to be nothing more than a troll.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Hear Hear!
Keep them coming Jimmy!

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 12-26-2009, 01:41 AM
David McDonald

Used to be that the memorabilia side got very little activity, a poor cousin to the baseball card side. That has changed due to the vigorous participation of guys like Jimmy C. He posts some spectacular stuff over here and does it with contagious enthusiasm. I very much hope he continues to do so. A shame that the O.P.'s first post in the Memorabilia Forum is so gratuitously unkind. Nice Sovereign Johnson anyway.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:56 AM

Jimmy's collection and attitude are the best! And I think it's time for a new King of Clout "show everything..." thread!

Greg
Old 12-26-2009, 10:36 AM

I met Jimmy at the National this yer and he is a really cool guy. In my opinion, without his threads the N54 Memorabilia side would not be as interesting as it is. If they were all worthless than people would not respond but he gets 20-30-40-50 responses to each one which should tell you something. I am sure I have stuff to add to the thread but not many things already scanned.

Merry Christmas and dont let the thread bug you Jimmy.

Rhys Yeakley
Old 12-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Scott

Yeah, people can live their dreams out seeing some of the amazing stuff on here. For me, I love seeing such great stuff, that Jimmy and others have posted all over this forum. Yeah, I wish I could have some of that stuff, but we are all on here because we LOVE collecting, cards, memorabilia, etc, not to be a jerk. If Fandango doesnt like the forum as it is, he doesn't have to visit it.