NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Site issues update as of 4/19 - Migration plan ...

The last outage had nothing to do with the site migration away from the current hosting company. We are literally, technically right in the middle of the project as I type this. We hope to be off the current companies servers in under 48 hours, and we are trying for 24 hours. Until that time we just hope the current company can keep us up long enough to leave them (though it might not matter, depends on the way the servers are configured.) All of the down time has had to do with the current company. The new company we are working with actually communicates....We might have a small hiccup or two, concerning being able to post but that is about it......see below...

WE are fortunate to have some really great guys on the site who have pitched in to help. Chris Brow.ne helped a ton and now Steve Freed.man is helping, along with Brian McQueen ready to help too....Steve is part of the hobby renowned Simple Auction Site (and I found out today he is a type card collector too, how cool is that!!). They do fabulous work in the hobby and I am proud to be associated with them. Here is a blurb on the migration, from Steve-

What to expect from the migration:

Once the new server comes online (expected to be tomorrow, 4/18), we will begin the migration of the data. Starting around midnight tomorrow, we will be locking down the current system so that no new posts can occur. We will then begin copying the data from the old system to the new one. This should take 8 hours or less given the amount of data that needs to be moved. After that, we will unlock the new system for new posts. If you come to the system anytime after the morning of 4/19 and the system is still locked out to new posts, you can assume that your DNS has not been updated to point to the new system. DNS propagation can take anywhere from 24-48 hours, but we have found that it occurs for most people in 15-60 minutes.

Last edited by Leon; 04-19-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

My DNS changes usually update in 10 to 15 minutes but thats with domains with Network Solutions. Not sure what company net54baseball.com was bought from. Looking forward to the better up time. Thank you Leon for all the updates and looking out for all of us on the forum.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Frank Wakefield

Wish you well with the move. Thank you for taking care of this, and us. Seems the outages rivaled Uncle Sam; the latter was taxing dollars, the former taxed your patience.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:59 PM

Can you leave Archive's posts on the old server? His posts always came off a bit snarky. Heck, one board member had to threaten legal action.

Just a suggestion...
Old 04-18-2012, 04:54 AM
Barry Sloate

Will the technologically(sp) challenged posters have any issues getting on the new site, or will we not notice the difference?

Last edited by barrysloate; 04-18-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Will the technologically(sp) challenged posters have any issues getting on the new site, or will we not notice the difference?
There are 0 changes to the site. As it says above the only issue could be when we are downloading the data from the current server to the new one you might not be able to login for a few hours. I will try to have a note on the board about it. But nothing is changing functionally or aesthetically with this move except reliability. It is purely because of us going down so often AND the fact the current company doesn't return emails, can't be called (they are in the UK but I hear they don't answer their phones anyway), and can't do what they promised on migrating to our own server within their company. In my opinion, and keeping somewhat on topic, they are maroons. (sic) Their Facebook page is quite funny to read.....there are several customers of theirs on it that are as frustrated, or more, than I am. I guess Facebook can be a two edged sword. Anyone currently reading their page won't become a customer of theirs.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Steve Freedman

Migration is almost finished
Old 04-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Steve Freedman

If you see this message, then you are on the new server - congratulations!
Old 04-18-2012, 02:49 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Hopefully Archive has made it over as well

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 04-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

There seems to be some missing posts since this morning...hopefully those will come over too.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Steve Freedman

Unfortunately, all posts after about 9:10AM ET this morning until the new server went live (about 3PM) were lost. We did not know that the new server company made a copy of the database it was too late.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Thanks for the info. Odd that they would make a copy while the database was up and being written to, but it's not the end of the world.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Lost in Space

One of my posts is missing too, but I can't remember what I said. I'm sure it must have been insightful and cogent. Damn that Altzheimer's.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Tony N.

Default New site migration

Unless it's me, the new site seems very fast.

Great job Leon!

Tony
Old 04-18-2012, 08:12 PM
Al

Default problem

How do I stop having to put my user name and pass word on everytime. I remember I had this problem before but was able to fix it with some kind of change. But I forgot how. Thanks

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Great job guys!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:19 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Google Chrome

The site seems to be working well with IE, but not with Google Chrome. With Chrome, I can get to the opening page, but nothing will come up after that and no threads are available.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Max Weder

The site is working on my mac, but on my ipad, it is not, getting a message "Safari cannot open the page. The error was "cannot decode raw data."

Max
Old 04-19-2012, 08:01 AM
pete ullman

same problem with me on my iphone...cannot decode raw data?
Old 04-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Steve Freedman

We are working on fixing the issues with Chrome and Safari.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:14 AM
P.hil €lli$

Just a heads up that the chat room is not working at all. Just wanted to make you guys aware of that.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default testq

It looks at though everything is working now (knock on wood),.....and I am happy this moment. More later....thanks for everyone's patience.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgellis View Post
Just a heads up that the chat room is not working at all. Just wanted to make you guys aware of that.
Thanks for the heads up. I don't want to deal with the chat room for a few days. It is a whole different animal hosted by another company. I want to be stable for a few days. I am going out of town today and will be back Monday....will have very limited access during that time. Thanks again to Steve Freed.man of SimpleAuctionSite. He is solely responsible for helping and fixing this issue. I can't thank him enough!!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Barry Sloate

I'm finally in...hope everyone else is too.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default a few more things

We are aware that the links section, the alterations section and the archive section (I hate that guy) are not working yet. We are also aware that a few people are still having some issues with the forums that are working. We believe, but are not 100% sure, that those are caching issues attributed to individual users and are not system wide. If you are having any issues with the board operations, besides what has been stated today, please post here so we can look into them. We also know we lost about 4 hours of info yesterday. The database download had started and once it started anything posted after that was lost when we changed to the new servers. That was my fault as I didn't realize the actual file migration had started. Sorry about that. thanks for everyone's patience

Last edited by Leon; 04-19-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Steve Freedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
We are aware that the links section, the alterations section and the archive section (I hate that guy) are not working yet. We are also aware that a few people are still having some issues with the forums that are working. We believe, but are not 100% sure, that those are caching issues attributed to individual users and are not system wide. If you are having any issues with the board operations, besides what has been stated today, please post here so we can look into them. We also know we lost about 4 hours of info yesterday. The database download had started and once it started anything posted after that was lost when we changed to the new servers. That was my fault as I didn't realize the actual file migration had started. Sorry about that. thanks for everyone's patience
I have resolved the issues with the links, alterations and archive section. Any other outstanding issues?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorrister View Post
I have resolved the issues with the links, alterations and archive section. Any other outstanding issues?
Thanks Steve- A couple of isolated user issues of what was happening yesterday but I am instructed those folks to clear their caches and let me know. There are a few private emails on that, which you will see. thanks again