NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Default Not the sharpest tool in the eBay shed

Posted By: Rob D.

For better or for worse, I've decided to try to put together a "master" set of R306 Butter Creams (58 cards -- minus the two Ruths -- with an example of each card with the Sept. 1 and Oct. 1 backs). So I see this auction on eBay for a Mickey Cochrane. The seller listed the card Monday, without a scan of the back, so I contacted him/her that night with a polite request for a scan of the back. I received no response and followed up with similar requests Wednesday and Friday. Still haven't heard a thing.

I know I'm pretty much preaching to the choir here, but how can someone who sells a lot of cards on eBay:

1. not include a scan of the back of a card;

2. not respond to three requests for a scan. (In my second request, I even suggested that if he/she can't provide a scan to just let me know and I would stop asking).

I also find it ironic that this seller chose to take the time on his/her "My eBay" page to criticize eBay's new feedback system, yet they don't have the time or inclination to respond to a potential bidder.

Sorry, I know I'm pretty much venting here. Anyway, if anyone knows this seller and has his/her ear, could you suggest to them that they're likely costing themselves money?

Thanks, I feel better now.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

I am acquainted with this seller and he has always seemed like a good guy. He deals mostly in postwar cards and in volume sales, so maybe his priorities don't include back scans. That said, I'm a little bit shocked at how low his feedback has gotten. Anybody else have any thoughts?

Old 07-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I emailed him and asked him which back this one has...I'll let you know if he answers me back.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

His ebay feedback is 97.2% for over 10,000 transactions. That works out to nearly 300 negatives. That's not good for anyone.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob D.

Thanks, Dan.

I should have added in my post that I also sent him a message via eBay this morning saying that if a scan isn't available, could he tell me what date is on the back and if there's any damage.

Maybe you'll have better luck.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jeffdrum

Maybe you could ask him to get it graded by GMA, that might make you feel better about it. I looked through his auctions, he does have a bargain lot listed with a Magie error buried in it.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Rob, some sellers just don't care and this one has such low feedback you shouldn't be surprised by his lack of service. There was a recent card on ebay I was interested in but the scan was tiny; I asked the seller to send me a bigger scan and he sent me the exact (small) one that was in the listing. I didn't bid. The card didn't hit the reserve, was relisted and the seller emailed me asking if I was interested in the card. Of course I ignored him. It's damn frustrating when there is a card out there you want and the seller can't be bothered to respond to a simple request for a scan. Oh well.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric B

"His ebay feedback is 97.2% for over 10,000 transactions. That works out to nearly 300 negatives"

Actually that's not even close to being true. He may have less than 30 negatives for the 10,000 transactions. The feedback % is now based solely on the last 12 month's transactions and a neutral is as bad as a negative.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony S.

oh, he's got alot more than 30 negs....

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=tg&Dirn=Received+by

Old 07-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Didn't realize that. Either way, 97.2% isn't great.

Old 07-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric B

Yeah, I knew he had more than 30, but I couldn't see past 12 months and with that information I was mentioning a low possibility.

But now that I think of it, he could have had well more than 300 since they go away from the feedback % calculation as well.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tony galovich

I just read all the negative feedback comments on this seller
How anyone bids with this loser is a mystery to me
No wonder people get ripped off
Dealing with this clown almost guarantees a problem
Slow shipper
Poor communications
Poor descriptions
Doesn't deliver what he advertises

He is truly the Ebay Loser of the Week

Old 07-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I heard back from this seller tonight. Here is his reply to me...

"Hello, very sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I am on vacation in Ocean City Md. with my family and won't be back until Thursday, I will end the auction and relist it with a pic of the back. Regards, Tim"

Old 07-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

His brother is a board member....but we all reap what we sow...Looks like he ended several auctions prematurely. Go figure.....