NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Default Help with Ebay scammer

Posted By: Jamie

Hey guys,

I have posted a thread recently regarding the ebay auction for a 1951 mickey mantle rookie card item number 140248656712. it was recently taken off of ebay and the seller as of today is no longer registered with ebay.... I was having trouble with the seller and getting him to ship the item. I now recieved it but it is clearly fake. it is a photocopy front glued onto a photocopied back in a fake psa holder.. not one thing real about the card or holder... I am going through paypal and the police.. but paypal is requiring a letter from an expert on letter head explaining why the card is fake ... since the only experts I know are the board...

I was wondering if someone would be able to get me such a letter... I can provide pics of the front and the back of the card and holder to help out with this letter.. I would greatly appreciate it as this will be needed to get my money back.

Jamie

Old 07-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

Hi Jamie, sorry to hear about your troubles. I think the best course of action would be to send it to PSA. If it's a fake card in a fake PSA holder, a letter from PSA would be rock solid. I would contact Ivan Lopez at PSA with this issue. He has always been very helpful when I had problems. His email is ivan@collectors.com, or better yet give him a call.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Richie

I once purchased a card from a guy that was also a fake in a psa holder. I never heard of a card in a SGC BGS or even GAI that was a fake. I also sent the card into Ivan from PSA. I would think PSA would try and make a more tamper proof holder.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jeffdrum

I believe the fake/doctored/manufactured Doyle card was in an SGC holder.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I sent an "Oodles Chocolate" backed E121 to SGC for grading. It came back as a counterfeit. I got a refund and the seller sent it to PSA. It came back in PSA 7 holder for him....and was still fake as a three dollar bill. Last I heard the seller was threatening a lawsuit. I will bet PSA made that one right. I have seen other fake cards in holders too.....Good luck with the scammer....

Old 07-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: josh

People spend a lot of money on graded cards and when you hear about a lot of fake cards that get slabbed it makes you wonder about things....

Old 07-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richie

What makes you wonder is maybe the card that you have in a slab is done that good and undetectable unless you are resubmitting the card. Suprising they dont go after the people that do this type of fraud. If I was a thief it would be better to do this then to rob a bank. Like i said earlier I bought card from the guy is california. i know a lot of people bought from him and were ripped off and he is still out there doing it. PSA should try and get this guy caught. IMO

Old 07-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: josh

You are right and it amazes me that they don't go after him. If you think about it, this guy making the fakes can screw a lot of people and put thousands of fake slabs on the market.