NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 06-28-2015, 08:23 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Default Little League Memories

Park View Little League located in Lancaster California. United California Bank "Tigers" 1964-65-66. I played outfield my first year, and then catcher my final two years. This picture is from 1966 holding an Ed Mathews model bat. Typical good hustle, good fielding player who couldn't hit much I think I came pretty close to making the all-star team this year but fell short. We finished in second place in 1965, losing the final game of the season to the Cubs I think. The ball park was just around the corner from my house, and I bought most of my baseball cards from the snack bar. Thanks to my coaches who I still remember Mr. Martinez and Mr. White. Anybody else want to share your photos and memories?
Larry
Old 06-29-2015, 08:40 PM
Sean Sullivan

Here is my 1985 little league photo from Bar Harbor, Maine. I was on the Mariners, and played right field. My hitting dramatically improved that season, and we won the league championship! I still have the trophy in my baseball room. Mr. Hubbard and Mr. Clark were the best coaches a kid could have. In the final game of the season, I hit a triple, and as I was dusting myself off, Mr. Hubbard leaned in, and told me he nominated me, and I made the All-Star team. That was the greatest baseball day in my life.

Last year, I was the plate umpire for a school game. As I was waiting for warm-ups to finish, I looked up, and saw Mr. Hubbard for the first time in almost thirty years. He was old, and really sick with cancer, but he made his wife drive him to the field so he could watch the game. I walked over, and said even though he probably didn't remember me, but I sure remembered him; that season was the greatest one I ever had, and he was the best coach I ever had. He immediately told me of course he remembered, and then told me he still had the team photo and team trophy from that year on his mantle. He died a week or two later. I was always glad I got to see him one last time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg little league.jpg (32.7 KB, 77 views)
Old 06-30-2015, 06:25 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Great story Joe and nice thread.....I will see what I can dig up. I still vividly remember my best (and last) year in little league too. I batted a bit over .450, pitched in ever game, we tied for first in the regular season and our whole team was the all star infield (though I played outfield on the All Star team). We went to the Texas state championships and came in 4-5th in our state that year (around 1973)....Our board member Mike Fr.ohmme and I played together.....
Old 06-30-2015, 12:43 PM
H Murphy

Default Little League

Because a man gave so much of his time and effort many men can now look back on some of their biggest thrills and childhood memories. Thank you and rest in peace, the best coach any kid could have had, Mr Dan Newell !
Old 07-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Ben North

I played for 1 year. I was our starting right fielder because my fielding was horribe. On a bright note my hitting was much much worse than my fielding. Check out that batting stance.Lol Was #14 in tam picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg littleleague.jpg (8.3 KB, 30 views)