NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-09-2017, 06:48 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Default See Ya Guys

I'll make this short. It has become apparent that while this forum is fun and I do truly love posting on here, maybe I need to cut back and just watch from the side lines. It became evident when I got a very very nasty PM last night at a little over midnight with the title "Don't Respond"

it read..

Between you and me you are an insult to every decent person on this site.

Never had contact with this person before, however I think it's time to just cut back and say goodbye for a little. I am a over the top young kinda guy (my old job called me the cowboy cause I was wreckless lol) and it seems like my style may clash with a lot of people here.

Please feel free to contact me if you ever need any help with Robinson items. I have come a very long way with him. Also, If you ever have any stubs or programs I would be your guy too.

I'll read daily like I always do.

Have a great day guys!

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-09-2017 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:04 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

I know how you feel. I have two guys jumping all over anything I post. I don't need to mention any names because those two jerks know who they are. I wish there were more forums like this one it's great but you always have some jerks that say stuff. Don't let the couple of stupid people chase you away.

Last edited by Bigb13; 04-09-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:29 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigb13 View Post
I know how you feel. I have two guys jumping all over anything I post. I don't need to mention any names because those two jerks know who they are. I wish there were more forums like this one it's great but you always have some jerks that say stuff. Don't let the couple of stupid chase you away.
Agreed. Some don't like me because of all the "prayers and help" posts, but the GREAT majority on here are awesome, helpful members and customers, and people I have bought from. This is a wonderful escape for so many of us that share a passion for what we love. I hope to see more of your posts and such too. Take the good and put the bad ones in the mental shredder
Old 04-09-2017, 07:48 AM
D@le Irv*n

10 people could say they like you and if 1 says they don't, guess which one we think of?

We are funny as humans as we should only be thinking and be thankful of the 10, but most of us dwell on the 1 wondering why they don't like us?

This is a open/public forum and some will rub each other the wrong way. That's just the way it is so don't let the thoughts/opinions of others sway you into quitting/frequenting the site if you are not personally ready to do so yourself.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:11 AM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Funny

Funny, I got a similar post a couple of years ago after trying to buy a card from a member. He said almost exactly what your PM read. It was a Friday night and I assumed he was drinking so I walked away. Other guys on here you start a conversation and they lose their mind because your not reacting quick enough for them on either an offer or a response to an offer. I enjoy the forum but as you have taken a step back on the everyday posts simply because I have many other priorities and if I am going to lose sleep over something it won't be this forum or the people on it.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:39 AM
Scott Russell

Never thought of myself as a Pollyanna type but when people complain about problems they have with others, be it here, or ebay or elsewhere I always think "man why don't I have these problems?" Maybe I do and I just don't sweat them. That would certainly be my advice to you stephen. We've done some business on here and I've enjoyed having you around. I do admit to thinking some of your asking prices/trade expectations are on the high side but I'm entitled to that opinion as you are entitled to try and get the best deal you can. I certainly would never insult you, especially since I can just choose not to be a part of any deal that I don't feel is good for me. I can only imagine that the negativity was in response to your 60's 70's lot trade. Lot's of guys have been complimentary, let me put it right out there, you KILLED it with that deal (and frankly I don't know what the bullpen plate is worth and don't care it was a great deal without it!) and deserve congratulations, not vitriol!

I am surprised that I haven't received and "you're a cheap bastard" backlash myself, cause, well, I am.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 04-09-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:41 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Spam block the tool and stay around!

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 04-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
+1

Don't go anywhere, just block the guy and enjoy the hobby in YOUR way. You seem pretty passionate (which is a good thing) and this community always has room for passionate people. Don't give them the satisfaction of bringing you down.

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 04-09-2017, 09:42 AM
T0NY @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
This!!! I've blocked a couple tools that still reside here and continue to enjoy the site.

You should to the same.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-2-count View Post
This!!! I've blocked a couple tools that still reside here and continue to enjoy the site.

You should to the same.
I agree. Ignore the scoundrels and stay!
Old 04-09-2017, 09:54 AM

Stephen--I agree with Rhett, Adam and the rest. Maintain your passion, spam block the idiot, and ab-sta-freakin'-toot-ly stick around.

Cheers,
Mike
Old 04-09-2017, 09:59 AM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default post

Come on..block and move on

or grit your teeth..and start one of those " 2000 + looked at posts" that would get juicy and entertaining

Its only baseball cards !
Old 04-09-2017, 10:03 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
I know how you feel. I have two guys jumping all over anything I post. I don't need to mention any names because those two jerks know who they are. I wish there were more forums like this one it's great but you always have some jerks that say stuff. Don't let the couple of stupid people chase you away.
Agreed....i got kicked off the PSA forums because of 3-4 AbSOLUTE ASSHOLES kept attacking me!!!! PSA kicked me off, and I was the one being attacked!!! Jackie thought it was the "right' thing to do because I was leading them on (sorta like when a woman dresses provacatively, she is begging to be raped) by defending myself. The ironic thing, is all 4 of those losers have since been kicked off PSA (I think 1 remains). Long story short, DON'T LET LOSER ASSHOLES GET YOU DOWN!!! You know your own self worth.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 04-09-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:04 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Ignore it. I've never seen any of your posts that seemed out of line.

What I'm growing weary of are the folks who need to point out some stupid error in your post, whether it be spelling, grammar, or just an obvious error, and pounce on with some lame joke and/or a heaping dose of ridicule. And then three other people pounce on the joke and try to one up it. I know this is rampant all over the Internet, but man you think people would have gotten over it by now.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:07 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post

What I'm growing weary of are the folks who need to point out some stupid error in your post, whether it be spelling, grammar, or just an obvious error, and pounce on with some lame joke and/or a heaping dose of ridicule. And then three other people pounce on the joke and try to one up it. I know this is rampant all over the Internet, but man you think people would have gotten over it by now.
um, damn, I'm definitely guilty in general, though I prefer factual errors.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 04-09-2017, 10:16 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default No one should be followed and hounded.

No one should be followed around and hounded on this board. Period. One of those two Stephen mentioned has been asked to quit. Why only one? Because only one is known. A moderator is always only a PM away to help.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

Good to know that you are around but it only takes one of these morons to attack your threads you put up selling cards and ruin your chances of selling your card. The two I am talking about are still here and still post. Mean time they think that they can post anything they want they are nasty people who don't belong here.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:54 AM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
I'll make this short. It has become apparent that while this forum is fun and I do truly love posting on here, maybe I need to cut back and just watch from the side lines. It became evident when I got a very very nasty PM last night at a little over midnight with the title "Don't Respond"

it read..

Between you and me you are an insult to every decent person on this site.

Never had contact with this person before, however I think it's time to just cut back and say goodbye for a little. I am a over the top young kinda guy (my old job called me the cowboy cause I was wreckless lol) and it seems like my style may clash with a lot of people here.

Please feel free to contact me if you ever need any help with Robinson items. I have come a very long way with him. Also, If you ever have any stubs or programs I would be your guy too.

I'll read daily like I always do.

Have a great day guys!
Not sure why anyone would say that to you. Seems to me like you're a good fellow who wants to be super active in the hobby, wants to pick brains and educate himself. Keep on truckin', as they say.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Peter Spaeth

If you quit whoever is harassing you wins. Don't let that happen.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:28 PM
Daryl

Default See ya

There are some as*h@le$ on here. Recently a card was listed for $1200 on BST I ask him if he would take $1000 and his reply was make me another offer when you become a real collector dirt bag. I just laughed it off these idiots are everywhere.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

That is a ridiculous thing to say to you. Not that a moderator should get involved very often but I wouldn't mind asking that member to explain that comment? You guys really need to let a moderator know if someone is acting way out of line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcobb View Post
There are some as*h@le$ on here. Recently a card was listed for $1200 on BST I ask him if he would take $1000 and his reply was make me another offer when you become a real collector dirt bag. I just laughed it off these idiots are everywhere.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:47 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

I just finished reading through this thread and just wanted to thank everyone for the support. I didn't realize I had that many people here that wanted me here. I am going to stick around because you are all right... I should not let one person ruin it for me. I do love this hobby too much.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Chris

I've enjoyed your posts and your passion and hope you stick around. I know that new people can sometimes rub people the wrong way leading to some personal attacks, but I think you've settled in nicely and are an asset to the board. I'd try the best you can to ignore people that are negative and just keep being you.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Chris

Quote:
I just finished reading through this thread and just wanted to thank everyone for the support. I didn't realize I had that many people here that wanted me here. I am going to stick around because you are all right... I should not let one person ruin it for me. I do love this hobby too much.
Good!
Old 04-09-2017, 03:37 PM

I'm mostly a browser, only an occasional poster, but amongst the many friendly, informative members there also seems to be a fair amount of arrogant and/or cranky members, and those who are both are brutal.

Just remember that it's a hobby and supposed to be fun and fulfilling. For those who are arrogant/cranky, it is probably neither. Sure, they may have an impressive and valuable collection, but none of us can take this stuff with us, so if we're not enjoying it, what are we doing??

If you're enjoying it and having fun with it, let that be enough . Let those other folks be miserable if they want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2017, 03:43 PM
Larry P.

Quote:

Good decision.

The diversity of interests and opinions is one of the strengths of this board.

I'm sure the moderator could help if someone is out of line.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Well, a quasi welcome back, Stephen!

Occasionally, we all have to put on ear-muffs or grow thicker skin.

Glad you're staying.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 04-09-2017, 03:55 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcobb View Post
I agree with Leon. If that happened to me I would post the members id and the message to let other members know who they are dealing with. I've had plenty of deals that didn't go down on both the buyer and seller side. I've never been insulted like that, or felt the need to insult someone else for their offer.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:04 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Glad you're staying and I would think your experience now will be even better as more people will want to engage with you. Good decision.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:13 PM
Dave

Quote:
Great !
Old 04-09-2017, 04:14 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
If you quit whoever is harassing you wins. Don't let that happen.

I agree; don't let the fools win!

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox
Old 04-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post

I'm sorry, but in this age of social media, the English language is going to shit. So yes, call me a "grammar Nazi", because I care to a certain degree. Do I comment or jump down someone's throat? No. I make errors myself, but a polite comment could never hurt... especially when it's grammar dictating the assistance is warranted and greatly needed. How will people, including myself, ever learn?
....just my opinion my friend.

Brent
Old 04-09-2017, 05:44 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
I'm sorry, but in this age of social media, the English language is going to shit. So yes, call me a "grammar Nazi", because I care to a certain degree. Do I comment or jump down someone's throat? No. I make errors myself, but a polite comment could never hurt... especially when it's grammar dictating the assistance is warranted and greatly needed. How will people, including myself, ever learn?
....just my opinion my friend.

Brent
May I introduce you to Jake?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:52 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
I've enjoyed your posts and your passion and hope you stick around. I know that new people can sometimes rub people the wrong way leading to some personal attacks, but I think you've settled in nicely and are an asset to the board. I'd try the best you can to ignore people that are negative and just keep being you.
+1 plus that guy that pmed you said " your an insult to every decent person on the board" ? there arent any decent people on this board so dont worry about that

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-09-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:42 PM
Doug Goodman

Generally speaking, and I mean this in the most polite way that I can, if somebody has a problem with anything I post, they can go f themselves.

And, they can post a contradictory opinion which might actually cause me to say something to the effect of "wow, I'm a complete idiot, I have been wrong", stranger things have happened.

Like a reality TV star being elected president.

Note that the previous sentence makes no reference to who I voted for.

Insert smiley face here.

I love your posts Stephen, and I have enjoyed our off site communications, as well. I hope you stick around.

Doug "wow, maybe I'm a complete idiot" Goodman

Last edited by Leon; 04-09-2017 at 07:15 PM. Reason: f bomb
Old 04-09-2017, 07:13 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Good to know that you are around but it only takes one of these morons to attack your threads you put up selling cards and ruin your chances of selling your card. The two I am talking about are still here and still post. Mean time they think that they can post anything they want they are nasty people who don't belong here.
I thought you made a post a couple of weeks ago telling Leon you wanted all of your posts deleted, and were leaving N54?? Damn!

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 04-09-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
+1 plus that guy that pmed you said " your an insult to every decent person on the board" ? there arent any decent people on this board so dont worry about that

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2017, 12:23 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

[QUOTE=CMIZ5290;1649380]

I thought you made a post a couple of weeks ago telling Leon you wanted all of your posts deleted, and were leaving N54?? Damn![/QUOTE Why must you start crap again?

Last edited by Bigb13; 04-10-2017 at 06:15 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:27 AM
Al Richter

I have spent time with Doug and he is not a complete idiot
Old 04-10-2017, 04:21 AM
Bill Gregory

Stephen, don't let one person ruin your enjoyment. Stick around, please.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:12 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

[QUOTE=Bigb13;1649422][QUOTE=CMIZ5290;1649380]

I thought you made a post a couple of weeks ago telling Leon you wanted all of your posts deleted, and were leaving N54?? Damn![/QUOTE
Why is it any of your business?
K

Last edited by Bigb13; 04-10-2017 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:09 AM
Al Richter

Note to self.... if you intend to leave a chat board forever, don't tell anyone.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
I have spent time with Doug and he is not a complete idiot
Partial idiot, maybe? Just checkin'. I am about 63% myself.

Last edited by Leon; 04-10-2017 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:40 AM
B.ob L.amb

+1
And to put it another way Doug, If anybody on this board( not you Leon) doesn't like what I say, my offers or asking prices....They can kiss my ARSE and call it a love story!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
Generally speaking, and I mean this in the most polite way that I can, if somebody has a problem with anything I post, they can go f themselves.

And, they can post a contradictory opinion which might actually cause me to say something to the effect of "wow, I'm a complete idiot, I have been wrong", stranger things have happened.

Like a reality TV star being elected president.

Note that the previous sentence makes no reference to who I voted for.

Insert smiley face here.

I love your posts Stephen, and I have enjoyed our off site communications, as well. I hope you stick around.

Doug "wow, maybe I'm a complete idiot" Goodman
Old 04-10-2017, 07:43 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Note to self.... if you intend to leave a chat board forever, don't tell anyone.
haha...big +1!!!!
Old 04-10-2017, 07:47 AM
Jeff

Not a slam against the OP but I often wonder why some members feel the need to announce to everyone that they are leaving the forum.

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 04-10-2017, 07:49 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
Not a slam against the OP but I often wonder why some members feel the need to announce to everyone that they are leaving the forum.
I would guess most really don't want to leave and are just seeking attention.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

? Ben I was not seeking attention.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-10-2017 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Jeff

I agree Ben, I think the correct word I'm looking for is "lame".

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 04-10-2017, 12:00 PM
B.ob L.amb

What is "lame" is any fellow member of this board private messaging another member and telling them
"Between you and me you are an insult to every decent person on this site."

The person that did this is "lame' in my book and a 24 karat jackass to boot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
I agree Ben, I think the correct word I'm looking for is "lame".