NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default site was down last night

Hey ya'll
The site was down all of last night. (Yes. the electric bill was paid) I sent messages to the hosting company as that is where the problem lies almost 100% of the time. I got no response. As I have said before, if it gets too bad or frequent then we will look at other hosting companies. (knock on wood). That process is an unknown so it's better to stay here if possible. My apologies. I was also going into convulsions not being able to get on. As I said I sent multiple emails to the hosting company but didn't get a response (yet). To make up for it everyone at the Net54baseball National Dinner will be entitled to one extra drink ticket!! best regards
Old 07-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

Default Leon....

I needed my fix of Net54 last night! I honestly think the hosting is fine, a random problem here and there isn't too much of a big deal. Just kind of sucks they didn't respond back..

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 07-08-2011, 07:00 AM
Phil Garry

Leon:

Does that mean that all live auctions on the Net 54 B/S/T scheduled to end last night will be extended another week?

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 07-08-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Ed McCollum

Default Drink ticket

Leon, although this will be another National I won't be able to attend, could you go ahead and send the drink ticket? I'm starting a collection of drink tickets from Network 54 banquets I've never attended. I hear there are no previous examples, as all have been used in the past. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Neal

Yeah I too had withdraw symptoms last night trying to get on!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInOmaha View Post
Leon, although this will be another National I won't be able to attend, could you go ahead and send the drink ticket? I'm starting a collection of drink tickets from Network 54 banquets I've never attended. I hear there are no previous examples, as all have been used in the past. Thanks.
Hi Ed,
Unfortunately all known drink tickets are slabbed and now reside in the Barry Halper collection. I will be happy to save a ticket from this year for you though..

Phil- ON a serious note about live auctions you guys will just have to figure that one out. If it were me I would extend them a few days....as long as everything is communicated in the posts there should be no issues. Fortunately those auctions are usually fairly low key.......let me know if there are issues and I will moderate .
Old 07-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default their response...

I just got this response from them-

"Hi Leon,

Apologies for the delay replying to you.

Unfortunately there was an incident with the server.

We were remotely rebooting but in actual fact the cable had become loose,
the engineer had to go onsite this morning to resolve, plug in the box reboot properly.
It looks like it may have come loose when all of the boxes had to manually rebooted
following the Telecity outage.

Please accept our apology Leon, we know this week was not a good week for you.
Normally things like this don't happen so closely together.

Sincere apologies,
Debra

--
Debra Hastings-Henry
Director - Global Gold Network Ltd"
Old 07-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Wifee and I actually talked. It was like the olden days again... It sucked.

Today I have chores, well... before she gets home anywaze.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Dan Paradis

I have to admit this crossed my mind when I couldn't get on N54 last night:

I thought Bruce followed through on his threats and the FBI took down N54 to investigate.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanP View Post
I have to admit this crossed my mind when I couldn't get on N54 last night:

I thought Bruce followed through on his threats and the FBI took down N54 to investigate.
My guess is that the FBI reads this board almost daily. I have a great rapport with them and am their biggest ally in the hobby, seriously. If you are doing something wrong in the hobby I might be the last one you would want to know about it..... I am not a do-gooder but do try to help the hobby stay as clean as it can be. regards
Old 07-08-2011, 09:42 AM
M@tt McC@rthy

There's a fire over in the Pre-WWII cards (E, D, M, W, etc..) VBC Forum B/S/T...Bruce is playing with matches again...and my apologies for fanning the flames...he is quite the, well, you know...
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
My guess is that the FBI reads this board almost daily. I have a great rapport with them and am their biggest ally in the hobby, seriously. If you are doing something wrong in the hobby I might be the last one you would want to know about it..... I am not a do-gooder but do try to help the hobby stay as clean as it can be. regards
Could you send them over to read the memorabilia side? They sure aren't doing squat about the crap that CC is churning out on a monthly basis.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Six View Post
There's a fire over in the Pre-WWII cards (E, D, M, W, etc..) VBC Forum B/S/T...Bruce is playing with matches again...and my apologies for fanning the flames...he is quite the, well, you know...
Took about a week for him to be old self again. You can take the Brucii's off Net54 but you can't take the Bruce out of the Brucii's.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Leon, unless you've signed a cooperation agreement with the feds or own a chain of Dunkin' Donuts I'm guessing you're not their biggest ally in the hobby.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:19 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
I feel safer already.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default of course....

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Leon, unless you've signed a cooperation agreement with the feds or own a chain of Dunkin' Donuts I'm guessing you're not their biggest ally in the hobby.

Hi Jeff
Believe it or not, Dunkin Donuts is my newest venture!! I should have used the word "supporter" instead of ally.

And yes, John, your safety is my main concern ...... Hope all is well....now about that complete N172 set you are working on.......
Old 07-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Bill Hedin

Default I hear you, Neal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmonster66 View Post
Yeah I too had withdraw symptoms last night trying to get on!
I probably tried getting on Net 54 a hundred times! I know my addiction to this sweet place is out of control!

I felt like I was in a 1980's MTV commercial (remember those?) and I was like Rob Halford from Judas Priest screaming he wants his MTV, but with me, I was yelling "I want my Net 54!", lol, very true!

I'm glad it's back up, and I've had another enjoyable day among the greatest group of collectors here on 54!

Honestly, I check in to this site every hour or two and that's every day!

Have a great weekend my friends,

Bill Hedin <---- world's fastest one finger typer!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post

Harold Lee: It's because of a******s like you that we're even in this f*****g place - f*****g cowards!
Terrorist #1: Well maybe if the people in your country stopped eating *doughnuts* and started realizing what their government is doing to the world, "a*****s" like us wouldn't exist!
Kumar Patel: F**k you! Doughnuts are awesome!

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder7 View Post
Wifee and I actually talked. It was like the olden days again... It sucked.