NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Ken McMillan

Default T205 Cubs

Hey group,

I have been collecting T207 Cubs for a while and have been looking for the various back varieties of this subset. My question however is about T205 Cubs and their different back possibilities. I have found that there are 19 possible players in the subset but do all players come with all the different advertiser backs? Trying to figure out how big of a project I might be getting myself into. Thinking about adding a little color into my collection.

Kmac

Last edited by kmac32; 01-03-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:52 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

I know Tinker, Evers, Chance all come with AB and Pied 42's which are near impossible to find. The Shean Cubs is easy to find in lower grade for very cheap. Depends on what condition your looking to go for. There is Factory 6 PB,30+649 Hassan, 25+42 Pied, 42 AB, 25 Sov, 25 Cycle, and I believe 25 for Drum, Hindu, and BL. Brown I found with a Drum and BL back also. Might be an expensive feat

Member since 2009
Old 01-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Ken McMillan

The nice thing is it would be a long term project and time is on my side. Opens up many possibilities for the hunt in my opinion which is half the fun.

Kmac
Old 01-04-2016, 08:21 PM

Default T205resource.com

Good luck with the undertaking Ken, if you decide to undertake it. When out of curiosity I tried to go to t205resource.com, it appeared that the website is gone...anyone know something about it?

A few years back when the website was first introduced, I printed off and then subsequently made changes (during the initial flurry of activity from various collectors) to the 17 possible backs of all subjects in the T205 set (including factory, for example Hassan Factory 30 and Hassan Factory 649, as well as back print colors, for example American Beauty-Black and American Beauty-Green), but not sure if I got down all the updates. It has been a couple of years since I checked the site, which seems to have gone poof!

I counted 147 different cards of the 19 Cubs players with all the reported backs (that I have noted), and no doubt there are still ones to be discovered, as the T205 backs are still more of a work in progress than the T206 backs. Good luck!

Brian

Last edited by brianp-beme; 01-04-2016 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Added the word 'Cubs' so people didn't think I was talking about 19 Dingleberry players
Old 01-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Ken McMillan

It is definitely an interesting set and looks like condition of cards could be an issue. Makes it a bigger challenge and not something that has to be done in a week. I like the idea of adding a little color to my collection that is not modern. Rome was nit built in a day so same will be true for T205 Cubs. Hopefully the goal of this set completion will be done long after the Cubs win a World Series.
Go Cubs Go.

Last edited by kmac32; 01-04-2016 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:58 PM
Ken McMillan

If I counted correctly, 151 individual cards possible for different front back possibilities and only 4 HOFers. Let the collecting begin. Maybe I need to win the huge lottery to afford this project? :-)
Old 01-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Ted Zanidakis

As you probably already know, the two toughest Cubs you'll be hunting for are Kling and Pfeister with HINDU backs.

Furthermore, M. Brown and Richie with DRUM, BROAD LEAF, CYCLE, and AMERICAN BEAUTY (black) will most likely be very tough.

TED Z
Old 01-10-2016, 05:21 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
As you probably already know, the two toughest Cubs you'll be hunting for are Kling and Pfeister with HINDU backs.

Furthermore, M. Brown and Richie with DRUM, BROAD LEAF, CYCLE, and AMERICAN BEAUTY (black) will most likely be very tough.

TED Z
The hunt is what makes it fun. Not a project that has to be done any time soon but should be fun.

Last edited by kmac32; 01-10-2016 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Ken McMillan

T205 Cubs collection is up to 85 cards with different backs out of 151 possibilities. Could be farrther along but I am selective about condition. Not necessarily looking for high grade but more for eye appeal.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:21 PM

Default T205 Cubbies

That was quick accumulating past the halfway mark on your quest. May the rest only be twice as hard!

Brian

Last edited by brianp-beme; 06-05-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
That was quick accumulating past the halfway mark on your quest. May the rest only be twice as hard!

Brian
The start is always easy and it has been fun. Had some great deals and some not sogreat deals. Last month sent in 50 to SGC had 3 authentics, 3 10, and the resr were mixed with one card coming back an SGC 80. Did notice that SGC seamed to be rather lenient on grades for T205 but thats okay. Have some great opportunities for some rare cards but then some awesome E121 cards come up so have to stick to budget. What I really need is a national to go to and find the good stuff.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:29 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

I managed to put together a different back collection of M. Brown and managed, after 2 years to get them all, including the Broadleaf and the Drum, less the Hindu, which I chased around for but to no avail. Brown must have been extremely popular with the different tobacco cos. Having tried and almost got to the finish, I wish you well if you decide to take on the quest: I am certain it can be done and there is a Hindu back somewhere out there.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:57 AM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I managed to put together a different back collection of M. Brown and managed, after 2 years to get them all, including the Broadleaf and the Drum, less the Hindu, which I chased around for but to no avail. Brown must have been extremely popular with the different tobacco cos. Having tried and almost got to the finish, I wish you well if you decide to take on the quest: I am certain it can be done and there is a Hindu back somewhere out there.
If your speaking about a T205 then NO there is no possible way for a Hindu on Brown. If your talking T206 then you haven't been looking.

Member since 2009

Last edited by T205 GB; 06-07-2016 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:37 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Well, if the Hindu back on the T205 Brown doesn't exist then no wonder I couldn't finish my quest. I am virtually certain I got the rest with the Broadleaf being tougher to find than the Drum. Consigned them to Mastro about via Kevin Struss more than 10 years where, as I recall, they did very well at auction. John
Old 06-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
If your speaking about a T205 then NO there is no possible way for a Hindu on Brown. If your talking T206 then you haven't been looking.
And Drum on Brown is the most common Drum from what I have seen.

And Ken, the hunt is a ton of the fun to a lot of us, maybe more than ownership sometimes.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:26 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
And Drum on Brown is the most common Drum from what I have seen.

And Ken, the hunt is a ton of the fun to a lot of us, maybe more than ownership sometimes.

I couldn't agree more on both comments

Member since 2009