NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Default Overselling and Underselling a Card at the Same Time

Posted By: Fred C

The seller countered my $50 offer with a $35K price. Should I counter the counter with a $75 offer? He might drop it down to $25K.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve D

The listing fees top out at 4.80 I think. It is the final value fee where ebay would make the big dough. If the card sells I'm sure the seller would not mind.

Steve

Old 12-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Fred, you're on your own, you're beyond what I'd pay.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe

i am the seller of the card and i had no idea how much it was worth so i threw it up there for that amount to see what offers i can get. as for the grade it is definitely a psa 4 because that so called white spot the genius who posted about it is part of the cards design not bird poop or a mark. i do not understand what is so fishy about me with 89 feedback selling a card like that. if you check my feedback and see how long i have been a member and the fact i have not had one problem with ebay this should come to no surprise to anyone. thank you everyone for taking your time out to bash my card and my price and have a nice day. and to the jerk that bid $50 i countered that with 35k because you were being a dope so i was one right back. if you had noticed i did not counter anyone but you smart guy.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul S

Joe -- Putting that card up with THAT price will immediately make a seller suspect, whatever your arbitrary reasoning. The second thing people will look at is your feedback: congrats on your 89 feedback, but that ain't much, and matched with your asking price, makes a person even more suspect.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Well I intended no offense... but I'm sincere in saying I'd not pay $50 for it, although I'm not the one that sent in the offer. Others here think it is worth in the low 4 figures, and they usually know. I pay way beyond catalog value for some cards I want. And I pass by bargains because I don't want the card in the first place.

With kind regards,

Frank

Old 12-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Administrator

i understand what you are saying but i have only been a member for three months and had over 100 successful transactions which overall is not a lot but for three months is pretty good. As for the price i do not know much about vintage cards like i said in the description i bought it at an antique place and i had no idea what is was worth. Then to my embarassment someone sends me a link saying they are making fun of my card when i am just trying to figure out what it is worth. It is very funny how people have the time to sit here and bash when all it would have taken was an email from someone about the card not put a whole message thread about it. Once again thank you to all of those who got a good laugh at this and have a nice day.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul S

Joe, you misunderstand -- no one here is making fun of your card (if you come to know us well you will know what making fun of a card really is.) We are simply parsing the who, what and wherefors. Probably a lot of people here would not mind at all owning that card. I would. You might want to hang around, and the next time you come across a card you are not sure about you could post it here and get some good honest feedback. THEN you could put it on ebay with an honest price and probably get it too, and no one would worry about your 89 feedback being incongruent with a $50,000 card. If your card was worth $50,000 I would have expected to have seen it in a major auction house, and if you showed it here first that's exactly where we would have sent you.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Administrator

so what is the card worth? should i go to an auction house i am looking for feedback on the card i did not know this board existed until someone told me how they are laughing at my price which might be crazy but i did not know what is was worth.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

If you want to really find out what the card is worth why don't you start it at a minimal bid and let it reach its proper level? Everyone interested in it has seen it and it will sell for a fair price. You can find out yourself right on ebay.