NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Default Leon, an eBay problem

Posted By: David Smith

Leon, you need to talk to your contact at eBay and see what is going on.

Here is the deal. About a month ago, eBay seller ACOFIND listed a 1933 All-Star program. Of course with this item (along with MOST) of his auctions, he had it as Private Bidder. Someone bid on and won the program and then left NEGATIVE feedback because the program was a fake/reproduction. ACOFIND disputed this and the buyer left a follow up. ACOFIND's rating went from 2862 down to 2861. IT stayed there for all this time.

Now, tonight I check this guys sight and his feedback rating is back at 2862 and there IS NO NEGATIVE AS FAR AS THE 1933 All-Star program. It is gone. Even when I go to the Toolhaus eBay Negative/Neutral site, there is no evidence of this negative occuring.

I first learned of ACOFIND because he sold a fake baseball poster to someone on this board and they started a thread about him. I looked at the auction in question and saw that the seller was from Indiana and have been following him ever since. I have reported him MANY times because of his fake/reproduction/reprinted items, especially baseball and advertising related pieces.

Just last week I complained to eBay about his advertising signs and posters and included his COMPLETE Toolhaus page listing ALL of the bad deals that people had reported about him. I was hoping that eBay would finally do something about him (NARU him). But I guess the Toolhaus info I gave eBay was used instead to delete this last little episode.

To me, I think that is fraud because a seller was given a NEGATIVE and yet eBay totally deletes it like it never happened. Th whole premise of feedback, I thought, was to "protect" buyers from unscrupulous sellers. That, or least warn them about what they might be getting into with a certain seller. If eBay just flat out deletes NEGATIVES and acts like nothing ever happened, then what is the use of feedback??

David

Old 08-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I can ask him about it but quite honestly I don't think this would be his department. Ebay has quite a few folks that probably handle these types of questions and issues and I doubt my guy is it. I will ask tomorrow though...

Old 08-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Albert Liu

I believe Ebay removes feedback when the user is no longer a registered user.

Thanks,
Albert

Old 08-31-2007, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Albert- I don't think so. I received a negative feedback about 6 years ago and it still appears in the positive/negative compilation. The guy was an utter moron and was only on ebay for a very short period of time, giving out negative feedback left and right. The transaction involved a record album I sold him and he gave me my first neg. after several years of using ebay.
Bob

Old 08-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Administrator

This was the email I received from Ebay (under My Messages). My feedback was effectively reduced by one feedback. This was only 2 weeks ago.

"A user whom you have recently transacted with has been indefinitely suspended from eBay within 90 days of registration. We have removed any feedback they left for you or others.
eBay removes feedback when a user is indefinitely suspended for certain policy violations within 90 days of registration. eBay takes the position that members indefinitely suspended soon after registration shouldn't be able to permanently impact another member's account.
To view your current feedback score, visit your Member Profile.
Thank you,
eBay"

Albert

Old 08-31-2007, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave S

Albert--must be a fairly new, revised Ebay policy. I had a similar situation as Bob..with a guy whose account became suspended..and no adjustment was made for the only negative I've received. That was about 2 1/2 years ago though...

Old 08-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Dave,

It may be a new policy. It's too bad it was a positive feedback that Ebay took away; however, it's not important anymore after so many feedbacks....

Albert

Old 08-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Leon,

Thanks. For what it is worth, ACOFIND also sells under the eBay id's of fourducks and theolestuff.

To all (per Albert's message)

Nice!! So a fraudulent transaction can occur, the buyer can complain and yet HE gets banished and the seller gets to both keep the money AND not receive a black mark against his feedback. That policy is a license to STEAL as far as scumbag sellers on eBay is concerned.

David

Old 08-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Perry Eaves

May have been a "mutually withdrawn" where both parties agree to remove feedback. If that is the case the seller probably gave a refund

Old 09-01-2007, 05:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: David Goff

I had a negative removed by eBay a couple of years ago. Here’s what happened:

Another seller and I got into an argument about some items they were selling. We traded emails back and fourth until they were sending me vulgar emails. When that started, I saved all emails and was in constant contact with eBay, giving them all emails and the sellers ID. One of the final emails the seller sent me was that another seller "pissed them off and they were going to pay for it via their feedback" They told me the same thing. A couple of weeks later, the seller I had a problem with, created a fake account and purchased $2200 worth of items from my store and left 7 neg's 2 weeks later. As soon as that happened, I was talking to eBay and a couple of days later, those 7 neg's were removed and it looked like I never received them.

This may have happened...I guess.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

Hey everyone who wants ACOFIND kicked off of Ebay. Here's the scoop on that negative feedback I LEFT regarding the 1933 All Star Game program. I of course checked ACOFIND's auctions well after I sent him back the fake program (which thankfully, I did get my money back) to see if he was going to relist it because if he did, I was basically going to win it again and leave more negative feedback. So anyway, I noticed that my negative feedback was gone too and I was PISSED! I immediately called Ebay (I have a number they say is only given to a few users)to discuss the situation. Of course it was ACOFIND who complained about the feedback and had it removed apparently because it was 'vulgar' (which it was not) or because I referenced 'Google' (another site) in it. Either way, I tried to explain to the guy that now he was free to relist this fake item to unsuspecting Ebayers. The guy said the only thing I could really do was what I was doing, voice a complaint and they'll log it with the others. I called Terry Drake (his real name) a couple of times and let me tell you...the guy is absolutely nuts. Once I got my money back, and left the negative feedback, he went crazy and said I needed to 'look around every corner for him.' I laughed and told him exactly what I thought of him, but seriously, negative feedback sends this guy into hysterics! Keep up the good fight. This guy not only needs to be kicked off Ebay, but put in some kind of institution.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Simon

John - what he said to you constitutes a threat, I would think.
If I were you, I would report the threat to the proper authorities.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
Unknown author
--
We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.
No retreat baby, no surrender.
The Boss

Old 10-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Administrator

John,

Sorry to hear about your ordeal with ACOFIND. I live in Indiana and have been trying to get this guy kicked off eBay for over two years. I think most, if not all, of his baseball items are fakes. Same with his posters, advertising signs, Native American items and the cast iron toys he sells.

He KNOWS what he is doing because he lists REAL items and then mixes these fakes in. Right now, he has at least three fake baseball items on and a couple of Native American items I also believe are fake.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, report him to the Indiana Attorney General and the Police Department in Muncie. I have talked to both but they say they can not do anyting because I have not bought anything from him and thus have no "proof" the items he is selling are fakes.

He also sells under the eBay ID's "fourducks" and "Theolestuff".

Good luck in not only getting this guy kicked off eBay but also arrested.

David

Old 12-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John

This time good ol' waste of a human Terry Drake has listed it under 'fourducks.' I've reported the item and called Ebay which is as much as I can do. This is the exact program I won and got my money back on. He's still claiming it's an original. Here is the item #: 270199103362.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Yep...I started a different thread on this seller yesterday....everything he's got is fake...save perhaps the Mule Haas glove.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

The ebay scamming and fraud is so rampant that I could make a full time job of reporting it. Honestly, I only report a few of them now. These things are like waves in the ocean...they never cease....Ebay really needs some more help in this dept.....

Old 12-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

"Fourducks" is the same seller that has the Fake 1919 Joe Jackson on right now (posted yesterday by Dan).
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Shoeless-JOE-JACKSON-Baseball-Card-White-Sox_W0QQitemZ270199104014
He also has a lot of fake baseball paper items too (signs, programs, etc.). Take a look at his other auctions, all garbage.

Thanks for the info.

Edited to say, I didnt see your post above Dan