NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-16-2002, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Default Who's Planning on going to the "national"?

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Just wondering who is going to the National, and if anyone knows of any good deals on hotels in the area. I plan on going and know little about Chicago.

It would be good to meet the people on the board, maybe some of you are setting up tables?

If some one knows the area they should give a destination point where we could meet.

Thanks

Lee

Old 07-16-2002, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott (runscott)

When will you be there? I am calling for flights this evening, but the plan is to be there all week - visiting a friend.

And I DO plan to have "board" tags for people to wear - need a design suggestion from Elliot. I'll let you know distribution plans prior to the event.

--------------------------------------------
no disclaimer - temporarily taking responsibility for my actions

Old 07-16-2002, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I will be there....just look for Scott Brockelman's booth....and I will be having squatters rights there...and might be sleeping on his hotel room couch if he doesn't get our confirmation from Uniglobe....they are really hosed up this year ...in the planning dept.....something like they take all the names and then at the end they assign you a room....guess they have a block of 'em or something...pretty bad service so far.....regards all

Old 07-16-2002, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran

I'll be there on Thursday and Sunday. Wouldn't you know that the first year that I actually live in the area where the National is taking place, I have a family obligation in Michigan the same weekend!

Old 07-16-2002, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott brockelman

i'll be at booth 1541. and leon will have a place to stay if not, we'll get him a room with the PRO graders or something.

now for a shameless plug, i will have hundreds, perhaps nearly a thousand T-cards, E-cards & 19th century material for sale, many scarce type cards and rare backs. much of it graded. AND i will be buying all types of the same material. please bring any sets, singles, etc to me for a cash offer, just like the bald headed guy at the front door, but i'll be a lot nicer, i am especially interested in higher grade and or rarer items but will consider anything.

feel free to stop by and talk cards even if you don't have anything to sell or aren't looking to buy!

scott

Old 07-16-2002, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

Newbie here with a stupid question. The National What? And, when is it?

Old 07-16-2002, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: HalleyGator

Flying 1,500 miles for one day of card shopping... but looking forward to meeting everyone here on the board at BOOTH 1541 !!!

I thnk name tags for board members is a GREAT idea, and meeting at Scott's booth seems logical.

Old 07-16-2002, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

I just found out today that I will be attending a show in Vegas the week of the National. Let's see, 105 degrees, no vintage cards and alot of boring name tags, I'd rather be in Chicago. A free place to stay, play golf and meet the board members, it would have been nice. Have fun all, I'll catch you next year
brian

Old 07-16-2002, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott (another scott)

How about I stash the "board badges" in your booth and people can come by there and pick them up if they're interested in being identified?

--------------------------------------------
no disclaimer - temporarily taking responsibility for my actions

Old 07-16-2002, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Nationla Sports Collectors Convention. It's the big show of the year with all kinds of corporate non-sense and great material to look at and buy, or just torment you becuase it's too expensive.

For me, the big draw back to the national is that there a few prominent dealers, such as Marc Macrae that will not do the show for various reasons

Jay

Old 07-16-2002, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty

I will be set up and selling mostly 50's and 60's. I found www.candlewoodsuites.com below $70.00. Call the number and ask for corporate rates, they are lower than the web rates. It is about two miles from the show.

Old 07-16-2002, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian H.

Since I live in downtown Chicago, I plan to be there --probably Thurs and then maybe one or two other days.
Hope to actually meet many of you. I will find Scott B.'s booth etc.
Brain Hodes

Old 07-17-2002, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

http://thenational.net/index.cfm

Old 07-17-2002, 04:46 PM
Administrator

that would be fine, i would expect either myself or leon to be there most of the time. or as always maybe no one will be there, and i'll just have a museum to look at, as i walk the floor quite a bit.

scott

Old 07-20-2002, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Does anyone out therre know which candlewood is the closest to Rosemount. I can't find Rosemount on the map. I am looking for a hotel nearby to stay.

Thanks

Lee

Old 07-23-2002, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

Since I can't be there (murder trial starts that Thursday and I am lead counsel) could someone please check and see if there are any of the tough T207s floating around? I have a feeling Brockleman will scarf them up but if someone has any, I'd sure appreciate your jotting down the dealer's name and number and emailing it to me when you get back.
Thanks,
Bob

Old 07-23-2002, 06:15 PM
Administrator

bob, i will do my best to procure any and all t207's and give you first shot, i only need 2 of them. i mean hey, if your gonna have to pony up a little bit for them nothing like giving your texas neighbor the dough.

scott

Old 07-23-2002, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

No doubt, like an oreck, because if you rearrange the letters of Brockelman you are left with:

BLman Oreck

Clearly meaning that all Broad Leafs will be vacuumed up by Scott.

Elliot

Old 07-23-2002, 11:37 PM
Administrator

That is the closest one. The lady I talked to said it was 7 minutes away. I have booked if anyone else is going to stay there, let me know.

Lee