NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-24-2017, 06:37 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
Can everyone leave this poor guy alone. He isn't trying to scam anyone. He is trying a fun project that he wants to share with fellow card collectors. I, for one, would gladly trade him a card that is higher in price for one that I want more. If I had some psa 10 third-year card of a mid-tier hall of famer, I would gladly trade it for a card I covet that may be "worth" 15-20% less. What should I do instead? Put it up for sale and wait for a guy who happens to be putting together an all-psa 10 1973 Topps set to pay me 10k? Or should I put it up on PWCC and PRAY it hits 10k so I can get 9k after pwcc gets their cut? I prefer the card I covet. I think this is the type of scenario he is getting at. But you guys are destroying him like he is trying to pull a fast one, when the very title of the thread is telling you precisely what he is trying to do. I wish him well.
Amazing how someone qoes from a dramatic public declaration that they are leaving the board forever to a week later a rollout of a major project that is going to involve seemingly 1000s of posts. Whatever. Best of luck.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:58 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Amazing how someone qoes from a dramatic public declaration that they are leaving the board forever to a week later a rollout of a major project that is going to involve seemingly 1000s of posts. Whatever. Best of luck.
The leaving the board forever or selling their collection and getting out of the hobby declaration appears to be a fraternity of several current net54 posters. I am not sure where the chapter meetings are held. There should be an icon next to the name when people join that not so exclusive club....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-24-2017 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:45 AM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Stephen, it looks to me like you are the one taking all of the risk in these transactions. You offered a T205 WOJO, which is an easy sell, for some T206's. Even if the "book value" of the T206's is $1000, it is much more difficult to sell these types of cards than it is to easily flip the WOJO. Some of the T206's will sell quickly, and some will sit on eBay for awhile, and some you will have to sell at a discount. You are the one taking the risk and you are the one who is doing the work of selling and trading multiple lower value cards. I don't know why people are hassling you about this.

Good luck with your quest.

Rick
+1

It will be easier to take one card and trade down for parts. That's where the value is, I would guess. You get better value in cards overall because you are willing to accept the transaction costs of time, shipping, etc. I think this could work, but it will certainly take awhile.

I too would like to follow along, but there are a lot of people on here annoyed by the way this is being carried out that are distracting from the value of considering the pursuit, which alone is interesting to me.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 04-24-2017, 07:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

A way of cleaning up this thread mess is being considered. The game is fine but the crappy responses in between not so much. Those members being annoyed might eventually be annoyed a lot more .

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
+1

It will be easier to take one card and trade down for parts. That's where the value is, I would guess. You get better value in cards overall because you are willing to accept the transaction costs of time, shipping, etc. I think this could work, but it will certainly take awhile.

I too would like to follow along, but there are a lot of people on here annoyed by the way this is being carried out that are distracting from the value of considering the pursuit, which alone is interesting to me.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:07 AM
Brendan Mullen

Can everyone leave this poor guy alone. He isn't trying to scam anyone. He is trying a fun project that he wants to share with fellow card collectors. I, for one, would gladly trade him a card that is higher in price for one that I want more.

Exactly! He isn't trying to scam anyone! I don't know Stephen at all, but I decided to participate in this fun project. And I'll admit, it went as smoothly as can be. I'm in this hobby simply....as a hobby. If you are in it for the business side of it, isn't the ultimate goal to make money? Or trade up? Or buy low, sell high?
Old 04-24-2017, 08:57 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Whose up for a trade!!! I got the cards! Or offer a price to buy. Let's keep the ball rolling
Old 04-24-2017, 07:14 PM

Gotta love the enthusiasm of the OP. And he is transparent, and it doesn't appear he is asking for any favours from anybody in his dealings. I don't see why some posters are giving him grief.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:17 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Here is where we stand..

Started with a Walter Johnson T-205 SGC 40.

Turned it into......

T206 Bender, no trees, psa 4 HOF SOLD $150
T206 McGraw, at hip, psa 3 HOF SOLD $110
T206 McGraw, port w/cap psa 2 HOF SOLD $110
T206 Chase, pink, psa3 SOLD $110

So far shipping has ran $23.58 leaving me with $456.42 and the following left for sale or trade.

T206 McGraw, finger air, psa2 HOF
T206 Kelly, psa3 HOF
T206 Pelty, vert, psa 4.5
T206 McEvlveen, bvg 4
a very nice raw NM range 62 topps Mays AS card
T-206 Rube Marquard
Honus Wagner Photo

Anyone interested?

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-25-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:32 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Yep. But if anyone wants to trade me their $1000 card for my $500 one, drop me a PM. Will also trade your $100 card for my $20 one.
If I need that card valued at $500 and I want it at any cost then a $1000 card traded is nothing. I get the card I want and trade a card I apparently don't value as much regardless of the perceived value then its a win win. I got what I wanted and the person who traded with me is also happy. I did this quite a few times on my PD 42 quest. No regrets.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:07 PM
C0le Hibb@rd

Getting real tired of the negativity on this board. Stephen isn't asking you to donate to a gofundme for him to get a '52 Mantle. He's announcing a challenging project that he's taking on, just in case anyone is interested in trading. If you're not, move on to a new thread! It's that simple.

By no means is he asking for $1,000 cards in exchange for a $500 card. I participated in this trading, and was very pleased. If someone is looking for a card that doesn't come up for sale often and this guy has it, of course they are going to pay (trade) a premium for it! You're not spending any money, after all.

Successful BST deals with: Smanzari, Edwolf1963, Sean1125, scmavl, Runscott, jthorst75, EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
Old 04-25-2017, 03:21 PM
pete ullman

oops wrong thread!

Last edited by ullmandds; 04-25-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:54 PM
N
Banned

Anything available around 200 liquid value, Stephen? I have a Tenney Hindu T206 that I would love to trade :]
Old 04-25-2017, 04:01 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdunkin1 View Post
Anything available around 200 liquid value, Stephen? I have a Tenney Hindu T206 that I would love to trade :]

Hey PM me!!
Old 04-26-2017, 06:19 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
When you purchase a card from someone here or an A/H, do they ask what your plans are with the card?

Odd question, imo, Jake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagerookies51 View Post
Getting real tired of the negativity on this board. Stephen isn't asking you to donate to a gofundme for him to get a '52 Mantle. He's announcing a challenging project that he's taking on, just in case anyone is interested in trading. If you're not, move on to a new thread! It's that simple.

By no means is he asking for $1,000 cards in exchange for a $500 card. I participated in this trading, and was very pleased. If someone is looking for a card that doesn't come up for sale often and this guy has it, of course they are going to pay (trade) a premium for it! You're not spending any money, after all.
Exactly why I said what said! Stephen, not once, that I read, asked anyone to go out of their way to sell/trade their cards for less value, take a hit, lose, swallow, give up anything in order for him to obtain a 52 Mantle.

If people read it that way and were willing to take a loss on a card(s) in order to help him out, then my hats off to you, but that is not what he was asking anyone to do.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:25 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Direct quote. Post number 1.

"I am not picky in what I want in return. Just something I can trade that is worth more than what I am offering here."

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 04-26-2017 at 06:27 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:33 AM
Brendan Mullen

"I am not picky in what I want in return. Just something I can trade that is worth more than what I am offering here."

But isn't that almost everyone's ultimate goal? To trade a $75 card for a $100 card? To feel like they "got a good deal"? Like, that isn't a new concept...
Old 04-26-2017, 07:10 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 View Post
Direct quote. Post number 1.

Like what has been mentioned more than once, if you have a card that you no longer want or see a card that you want more and are willing to trade/sell, then lets do a deal.

I highly doubt anyone has traded/sold him a card and taken a loss in order to help him out with his quest.

Maybe I'm wrong, and like I mentioned, if you did then my hat is off to you as that is truly admirable, but that is not what he was asking anyone to do.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Like what has been mentioned more than once, if you have a card that you no longer want or see a card that you want more and are willing to trade/sell, then lets do a deal.

I highly doubt anyone has traded/sold him a card and taken a loss in order to help him out with his quest.

Maybe I'm wrong, and like I mentioned, if you did then my hat is off to you as that is truly admirable, but that is not what he was asking anyone to do.
Isn't the whole point of this thread that you have to take a loss to trade with him? So, everyone who trades with him is taking a loss to help him out.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:31 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
Isn't the whole point of this thread that you have to take a loss to trade with him? So, everyone who trades with him is taking a loss to help him out.

Imagine you have a lot worth $700-$1,100. This may be a high grade common, a mixed lot of random cards or an obscure issue. You trade that lot to Stephen for a single card worth $750. This may be a single, more liquid card. You are getting a fair trade (albeit on the lower end of the lots worth), but still a fair trade.

Then, Stephen trades that lot worth $700-$1,100 for a single card (or group of liquid cards) worth ~$1,000. He is still making a fair trade. Then Stephen trades his card worth $1,000 for a lot of cards worth $900-$1,500. Still a fair trade. Repeat this process 15-20 times.

No charity, all fair trades and no one is being asked to take a loss. It's a lot of work for Stephen, a ton of fun to watch and even more fun to participate in the trading. Sit back and enjoy my friend, we are all card collectors here.
Jason
Old 04-26-2017, 07:36 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

It's funny that people can't get the world old concept of trading. When a accountant does a landscapers taxes in return for lawn work, do they sit down and analyze "well I usually charge $3,000 a year for taxes, and you charge $2200 for lawns, so just give me $800 cash and we will call it even". No. Both parties win. The accountant usually charges 3K, however is not paying a penny out of his pocket for his lawn, so it's a clear win for him. While the landscaper is winning, he is still doing all the manual labor which is harder than accounting. In this case I am the landscaper. I am making off on the deal money wise, but people who are trading with me could care less because they are getting what they need. I then must put in the leg work and labor of selling the harder to sell cards.

The fact that I had to waste 10 minutes writing this is what annoys me. It's so obvious. It's trading. I said it once and I'll say it a million times.... A trade doesn't have to be fair if it makes sense.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
Imagine you have a lot worth $700-$1,100. This may be a high grade common, a mixed lot of random cards or an obscure issue. You trade that lot to Stephen for a single card worth $750. This may be a single, more liquid card. You are getting a fair trade (albeit on the lower end of the lots worth), but still a fair trade.

Then, Stephen trades that lot worth $700-$1,100 for a single card (or group of liquid cards) worth ~$1,000. He is still making a fair trade. Then Stephen trades his card worth $1,000 for a lot of cards worth $900-$1,500. Still a fair trade. Repeat this process 15-20 times.

No charity, all fair trades and no one is being asked to take a loss. It's a lot of work for Stephen, a ton of fun to watch and even more fun to participate in the trading. Sit back and enjoy my friend, we are all card collectors here.
Jason
How is it a fair trade if he is asking for more value than you get back? That is his first condition of trading with him.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:40 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
If you had a dupe and it was a tough sell getting the money it once sold for but then seen a card you have coveted for a while and Stephen was interested in your trade, would you not go for it?

Like someone also mentioned, if you had $1000 in mulch that you couldn’t get rid of, would you not trade that for a $800 in gold?

Some will not of course, and that is their choice, but others will as they are tired of either trying to sell the card(s) they own or they see one Stephen has that they want more.

I currently need quite a few 52 Topps cards and if I had some dupes, that, cumulatively, were worth more than a card I have coveted for a while, then I more than likely would do that trade.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:45 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
How is it a fair trade if he is asking for more value than you get back? That is his first condition of trading with him.
Not every card has a fixed value, rather a range. Read what I previously wrote. This is a fun thread to watch, there's no need to analyze two adults trading baseball cards.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
If you had a dupe and it was a tough sell getting the money it once sold for but then seen a card you have coveted for a while and Stephen was interested in your trade, would you not go for it?

Like someone also mentioned, if you had $1000 in mulch that you couldn’t get rid of, would you not trade that for a $800 in gold?

Some will not of course, and that is their choice, but others will as they are tired of either trying to sell the card(s) they own or they see one Stephen has that they want more.

I currently need quite a few 52 Topps cards and if I had some dupes, that, cumulatively, were worth more than a card I have coveted for a while, then I more than likely would do that trade.
I understand someone willing to take a loss to make a trade, but they still aren't getting a fair trade. When the 76ers traded Wilt Chamberlain to the Lakers or the Bucks traded Kareem Abdul Jabbar to the Lakers, did they get fair trades? No, they wanted to move the players so they took less than fair market value to do so.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:27 AM
pete ullman

this whole concept of trading for something more/less valuable than what you are trading happens all the time!

with my MILLER run for example...I've traded way more than a dots miller with an unusual back is worth to someone else because the miller is important to me...therefore I will trade up for it.

Similiarly if someone knows they have a "common" you need to complete a set...or a run...or whatever it becomes more valuable than it really is to that person.

No difference to me.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:53 AM
R Dixon

Default Me too

This is my real life situation: I have a card worth about $225 - $265. It's not really worth consigning....it's just the one card. If I sell it on ebay and get a fair price then I'll bring home $215 or so after fees. I would happily trade that card for a card(s) that's worth around $200, and I wouldn't feel like I "lost".
Old 04-26-2017, 08:55 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdixon1208 View Post
This is my real life situation: I have a card worth about $225 - $265. It's not really worth consigning....it's just the one card. If I sell it on ebay and get a fair price then I'll bring home $215 or so after fees. I would happily trade that card for a card(s) that's worth around $200, and I wouldn't feel like I "lost".

What card? Holler at me!
Old 04-26-2017, 08:56 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Ok let's do this...

The rube T-206 is available for 33 delivered today or else it's on eBay tomorrow.

Let's make a quick deal.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:16 AM
C@rl P@rk

Stephen, I would suggest also posting your wares in the BST for those who may not be following this project specifically and may be interested in acquiring what you've got.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by KingFisk; 04-26-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:25 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFisk View Post
Stephen, I would suggest also posting your wares in the BST for those who may not be following this project specifically and may be interested in acquiring what you've got.

Great Idea!
Old 04-26-2017, 10:52 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
It's funny that people can't get the world old concept of trading. When a accountant does a landscapers taxes in return for lawn work, do they sit down and analyze "well I usually charge $3,000 a year for taxes, and you charge $2200 for lawns, so just give me $800 cash and we will call it even". No. Both parties win. The accountant usually charges 3K, however is not paying a penny out of his pocket for his lawn, so it's a clear win for him. While the landscaper is winning, he is still doing all the manual labor which is harder than accounting. In this case I am the landscaper. I am making off on the deal money wise, but people who are trading with me could care less because they are getting what they need. I then must put in the leg work and labor of selling the harder to sell cards.

The fact that I had to waste 10 minutes writing this is what annoys me. It's so obvious. It's trading. I said it once and I'll say it a million times.... A trade doesn't have to be fair if it makes sense.

Your analogy works for trading dissimilar items. Let's take a look at trading work. Bob and Joe are both plumbers who own their own business. Bob helps Joe out for 8 hours, Joe pays him 200 dollars for his time. Joe is asked to help Bob out for 8 hours and only gets 150 dollars for his time. Would they both consider that fair trade?

You are trading a baseball card, for many baseball cards. Ok. There is time, money, energy, liquidity, etc. Everybody understands that. However, you also would trade, 1 for 1, if the values were dissimilar. Generally also, not really an issue, for people that are not concerned about dollar value.

There are people here, that do care about dollar value, and those are the people that you are on here arguing with.

Their point is something like this: Examine both of these statements:
I really need a truck so I can make a living. I have no idea what it is worth, but that doesn't matter. I have a really great computer I would trade someone for a truck.

vs

I can't afford a truck that I really want because it is to expensive. Will you trade me your truck for my computer?

Your first inclination is to ask, what is the computer worth in both scenarios, but one emphasizes the money aspect, rather than the trade benefit aspect.

The problem is not what you are doing. It is how you went about presenting it, regardless of how sincere and innocent you thought you were being about it, and where you posted it at IMO.

For the record, I don't care either way. I am simply pointing out the sides of the equation.

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 04-26-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:54 AM
Banned

you should post about this in the autograph, memorabilia, postwar section and water cooler sections too. Never know where a trade might start from.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:03 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
you should post about this in the autograph, memorabilia, postwar section and water cooler sections too. Never know where a trade might start from.
Totally agree. But is that allowed?
Old 04-26-2017, 11:29 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Default Update

UPDATE!! RUBE T-206 SOLD!

TODAY ONLY!! Will sell Wagner Photo for $45 DLVD PP FF. PM ME

Turned it into......

T-206 Rube Marquard SOLD $33

T206 McGraw, finger air, psa2 HOF TRADED
T206 Kelly, psa3 HOF TRADED
Plus $15.00

FOR

T206 Tenney Hindu Back SGC 10 DEAL PENDING

So far shipping has ran me $31.58 leaving me with $466.42 and the following cards/photos left for sale or trade.

T206 McEvlveen, bvg 4
a very nice raw NM range 62 topps Mays AS card
Honus Wagner Photo

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-26-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:39 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

About to pull off the first ever 3 way deal in the Ultimate Trade up so stay tuned! HAHA First trade is pulled and is reflected above.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-26-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:12 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Turned it into......

Plus $15.00

FOR

T206 Tenney Hindu Back SGC 10 TRADED

FOR

1964 Topps Mickey Mantle BVG 5 AVAILABLE
1962 Topps Switch Hitter Mantle PSA 5 AVAILABLE
1965 Topps Steve Carlton RC SGC 60 AVAILABLE

So far shipping has ran me $37.58, leaving me with $460.42 and the following cards/photos left for sale or trade.

T206 McEvlveen, bvg 4
1964 Topps Mickey Mantle BVG 5
1962 Topps Switch Hitter Mantle PSA 5
1965 Topps Steve Carlton RC SGC 60
1962 topps Mays AS card RAW NM
Honus Wagner Original Photo

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-27-2017 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:48 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Anyone? Let's rock!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2017, 12:16 PM
James

How much for the Pelty T206? Thanks

https://sportscardalbum.com/u/gemmin...seball#!page=2
Old 04-27-2017, 12:21 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmint77 View Post
how much for the pelty t206? Thanks
pm sent
Old 04-27-2017, 12:47 PM

I really don't know what the Johnson was worth. Are you ahead so far?
Old 04-27-2017, 12:50 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat View Post
I really don't know what the Johnson was worth. Are you ahead so far?
Once I get rid of the rest of this stuff yes.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

UPDATE: WAGNER PHOTO SOLD!!

Started with a Walter Johnson T-205 SGC 4

Turned it into......

T206 Pelty, vert, pas 4.5 AVAILABLE
T206 McEvlveen, big 4 AVAILABLE

TRADED T206 Bender, no trees, psa 4 HOF

For

$150
Honus Wagner Original Photo SOLD $55
$238 Total.

TRADED

Plus $15.00

FOR

TRADED

FOR

1964 Topps Mickey Mantle BVG 5 AVAILABLE
1962 Topps Switch Hitter Mantle PSA 5 AVAILABLE
1965 Topps Steve Carlton RC SGC 60 AVAILABLE

So far shipping has ran me $40.58, leaving me with $513.42 and the following cards left for sale or trade.

T206 McEvlveen, bvg 4
1964 Topps Mickey Mantle BVG 5
1962 Topps Switch Hitter Mantle PSA 5
1965 Topps Steve Carlton RC SGC 60

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-28-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:40 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Wagner photo sold.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:43 PM
Kyle May

Now that money is involved and being mentioned, what was your monetary valuation on the original Big Train?

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 04-27-2017, 08:48 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
Now that money is involved and being mentioned, what was your monetary valuation on the original Big Train?
It's prob best I add it once these cards are done. I have no problem posting it, but it may hurt me as people may low ball me on whats remaining if I made enough profit in their opinion. Ya know?

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-27-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:47 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
I don't get why people are only looking at the monetary value of these trades. Sure, if the OP trades a $75 card for a $100 card then he gained $25 in value, but that's only half of the trade. On the other side of the trade, the trader got a card they valued more than the $100 card they gave up. Maybe they needed the card to complete a set, maybe they really like the player, or the team. Trades aren't only confined to their monetary value.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:30 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

It's been fun to watch your progress towards your goal! I'm interested in seeing how close you get!!! Sorry for the garbage and grief you've been subjected to from other members. Too bad we're not more supportive of each other....
Old 04-28-2017, 04:39 AM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

I am also enjoying this and wish you the best of luck on your journey. I appreciate your enthusiasm and willingness to go for it!!

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 04-28-2017, 07:20 AM
Brendan Mullen

I enjoy this thread as well and have enjoyed trading with Stephen. It's a shame that some people are just so negative.... when in the end.....it doesn't even pertain to them or affect them. I hope he gets his Mantle, or something close to it.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:39 AM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
I enjoy this thread as well and have enjoyed trading with Stephen. It's a shame that some people are just so negative.... when in the end.....it doesn't even pertain to them or affect them. I hope he gets his Mantle, or something close to it.
+1 I am very happy with the cards I bought from Stephen at an overall FAIR (emphasis on no charity on my part) and look forward to reading the updates as they are posted.