NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-12-2002, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Default Power Seller w/ Reprints

Posted By: GlenV

This seller has pretty good feedback. Surprised the're messing around with the 10 reprint lots.
I e-mailed them a few days ago but never got a response.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2119889028
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2119891826

Old 07-12-2002, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Glen, I emailed him also without receiving a response.
My guess is that he purchased these as real, got burned and is sticking his head in the sand until their gone. later brian

Old 07-12-2002, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

People like this SUCK. It looks like some of the bidders are being "taken" by the very vague description. These sellers outta be hung out to dry...

Old 07-12-2002, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

because the seller who is selling fraudulent and/or misrepresented items will turn YOU over to eBay for auction interference and YOU are the one who will get susppended from eBay. Don't believe me, it has happened to more than one guy I know of who posts on this board.

Old 07-12-2002, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

I have emailed alot of sellers over the last few years, and have been warned by Ebay atleast 3 times to stop. I wrote them back explaining that I will gladly stop when they start going after and expelling these crooks. I haven't heard another word from them. I must be on double secret probation. I just can't let it rest. be well all brian

Old 07-12-2002, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

They come and yak at you and threaten you for telling the buyer that they are buying a hunk of crap cut outta the TV Guide. eBay is the real problem in every sense, they allow their Power Sellers to get away with murder.

Old 07-12-2002, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay berhens

Here's solution to deal with sellers like this, make a bid and then retract. In the retraction, you can then state that the reason you retracted it was that the is a fake.

Jay

Old 07-12-2002, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

I've heard that it's possible, although i would never do it, to register another name with eBay and use that name to email buyers and/or sellers of reprint items. If eBay then wants to suspend that account, who cares, as it's not used for bidding or selling anyway.

Old 07-13-2002, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw (feeling especially grumpy today)

Let the dopes out there who buy stuff they don't understand get burned a couple of times. They will get educated quickly and stop bidding on the $&*^. That's the only way that ripoff artists will be put out of business, when it makes no financial sense to list the garbage anymore, since it is obvious that no one at eBay or in the Federal, state or local law enforcement community cares about the rampant consumer fraud on eBay. We're going to have to let the market speak for itself in this situation. I only hope that these people experience lesser losses than Dr. Koos did.

Old 07-13-2002, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott (runscott)

also, only a fool jumps into a hobby like this with high-dollar purchases. Do your learnin' on the cheap stuff - t206's for instance.