NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Ben L

Default OT: Anyone ever done the Fenway Park tour?

Hi All,

My girlfriend and I are going to Boston this Thursday and will be there for a few days. The Sox are out of town but I've heard some good things about the stadium tour. I believe it costs 16.00. Any suggestions or recommendations? Is it worth doing? Any rules and regulations (beyond what's on the site) that I should be aware of?

Thanks!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Mi.ke Masi.nick

I did it, but it's been about 15 years. They let us look inside the monster and walk the warning track. Walk around the inside, etc. Well worth the $16 in my opinion. Sox were out of town when I was there, but I still got some great pictures of me standing on the field next to the Monster.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:32 PM

The Fenway tour is worthwhile and I recommend it highly. We took it when the Sox were home and managed to catch a glimpse of several players, some of them as they arrived at the stadium. There is more of a festive air when the team is in town, but the tour is still fun. Enjoy it!

Cheers,
Mike
Old 05-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Sc0tt Greb3nstein

Default Fenway Tour

Definitely worth doing. My advice is to do the last one offered for the day. When I toured, they let us stay inside the park after the tour ended (as there was not another tour scheduled) and we had free rein for an hour, or so. It was great to simply wander around at our own pace "unsupervised"
Scott

Last edited by scotgreb; 05-28-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity
Old 05-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Brandon Bailey

Definitely worth doing the tour. I have done it twice most recetly 2 years ago. I always say one of the best stadium tours and one of the worst stadiums to see a game at. Very small seats, old girders and several other obstructed view seats as well as all seats don't point towards second base. Tour is Great lots of cool insight. I think they are every hour on the hour?
Old 05-28-2013, 09:03 PM

Default Fenway

My wife and I went on the tour about three years ago and we loved it. Most tours do not go on to the field , but you might if Sox are out of town. I would suggest going on the first tour of the day as it gets much more crowded later in the day. Bring your camera to capture the magic of this place and buy the photo they take of you with Fenway in the background.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotgreb View Post
My advice is to do the last one offered for the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecRich View Post
I would suggest going on the first tour of the day
I guess you should just take all the tours.

Always up for a trade.

If you have a Blue Weiser Wonder WaJo, PM/Email Me!
Old 05-28-2013, 10:06 PM
T0dd M@rcum

I have a friend with the Red Sox...my son and I are planning on taking a tour in July. Never been to Boston ... Any card stores worth a visit?
Old 05-28-2013, 11:15 PM
NewEnglandBaseBallist

Kenmore Collectibles is right down the street from Fenway on Commonwealth Ave. Lot's of 1950's-70's stuff and some pre-war. Prices are pretty reasonable. I stop in every couple of months for supplies and to rummage through the commons/minor stars box.

http://www.kenmorecollectibles.com/

Last edited by NewEnglandBaseBallist; 05-28-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Anthøny N. ex

Definitely worth it.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:36 AM
Brian

Wow, didn't know anything about it. Boston is about 4 hour drive and I will definitely take the tour at some point.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:20 AM
CostA Kl@d1@n0s

Me and my buddy's did it a few years ago. There was an afternoon game that day so the tour didn't go on the field but we did watch some of the batting practice from the top of the green monster which was fun.
After the tour ended me and my buddy took a turn and snuck on to the field and took some pics in the dugouts and infield. Wouldn't recommend that but I certainly don't regret it! Lol
Plenty if chances for autographs if you go early in a game day and hang around the parking lot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 05-29-2013, 07:07 AM
Scott S

If you've been to Fenway many times before, the tour can be a bit of a letdown. I have had a partial season ticket package for many years but finally did the tour last year with some out of town friends.

The Sox were out of town, so I hoped for on-field access and behind-the-Monster views, and got neither, at least not on my tour. They spent too much time focused on a couple of Mickey Mouse statues in Red Sox uniforms up on the roof (seriously??), and skated right by some items of historical importance throughout the park and in the "Red Sox Archives."

Certainly worth seeing is the conclusion of the tour, which ends in the Royal Rooters Room, aka the "Red Sox Archives." They don't really describe any of it to you, but there are cases with some cool things on display, including signed baseballs from World Series-winning teams going back to the 1920s. It's an awesome display area. (I might be a bit biased as a couple of items of mine are loaned to the team and on display in there!)
Old 05-29-2013, 08:05 AM
Ad@m Be11

The tour is a good time and don't forget the Sam Adams brewery tour when in town.
E106: 4/48
E210-1: Completed December 2013
R319: 43/240
Old 05-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Steve Birmingham

I took the tour a few years ago. No on field, or inside the monster, but we did see a lot of neat stuff that isn't usually available, press box, 406 club that sort of thing.

Steve B
Old 05-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearBailey View Post
Definitely worth doing the tour. I have done it twice most recetly 2 years ago. I always say one of the best stadium tours and one of the worst stadiums to see a game at. Very small seats, old girders and several other obstructed view seats as well as all seats don't point towards second base. Tour is Great lots of cool insight. I think they are every hour on the hour?
Odd, I've been there plenty and it's much better than the other stadiums I've been to. I'd rather turn my head to watch a play at second -Just like at any other part of the field- than watch from so far away that I actually need the jumbotron to see anything. (I think the upper deck at Shea had "duck for satellites" signs )

Olde Comiskey was pretty nice too, but it's gone now.

Steve B
Old 05-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Richard A.

Last year was my first time in Boston. Took the tour in the afternoon and then went to the game later in the day. Would have loved to get onto the field and/or behind the Monster, but no such luck. Was still quite happy with having taken the tour.

Regards,

Richard.

NB. Within walking distance of Fenway is Northwestern University campus. Perhaps somebody can confirm if the statue of Cy Young (situated where the pitcher's mound was for the first ever World Series) is still there. We tried to find it during our trip last year, but never did.

Last edited by cdn_collector; 05-29-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Ben L

Thank you to everyone for all the feedback! I've been to a few games at Fenway but my girlfriend has never been and the Sox are out of town this weekend so I guess we'll take the tour. It's a shame they don't let you on the field or in the Sox locker room though.