NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

Posted By: JimB

I got the latest issue of Old Cardboard today. Looks great at first flip through.
JimB

Old 04-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

Posted By: Julie

Old 04-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

Posted By: JimB

Absolutely! You look great!
JimB

Old 04-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

Posted By: Richard Dwyer

Didn't get mine yet. Can't wait to see the article on T206 boxes.

Old 04-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

Posted By: leon

Another fine job. Very interesting and an absolute must (imo) for any vintage baseball collector.....Some very rarely seen T206 related packs and the feature article, by one of our own board members, were really good..Other great articles too...keep up the good work guys....regards

Old 04-09-2005, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

Posted By: Scott M

Thanks for the plug for my article... If not interesting reading, I hope that it at least adds some new information to the hobby on such an obscure set.

The current issue has a great article on OJs as well by Jay Miller and Joe Gonsowski for those that haven't gotten it yet.

Julie, your bio looks great but as the hobbies "lone female" maybe you should have held out for a centerfold

Old 04-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

Posted By: dan mckee

This is a super publication! Very well done and impressive.

Old 04-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

Posted By: Don J.

Very nice job Scott, Joe, Jay, Lyman and Jon! Very nice high quality photos and articles of substance as well.

Old 04-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

Posted By: barrysloate

Julie,
Nice profile, nice picture. But couldn't they at least spell your name correctly? That would bother me.

Old 04-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

Posted By: pete

Great issue...as usual. Julie...since your son and husband don't collect bb cards and since you "only" have a few cards anyway, can I have your stuff when you're done with it? Please?

Pete in MN

Old 04-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

"Vognar." I haven't gotten my Old Cardboard yet.)

Pete: http://www.julievognar.com/home

Old 04-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

Posted By: barrysloate

If our hobby gave an award for an article that exhibited the best in original research, I think the prize would go to Jay Miller and Joe Gonsowski for their explanation on the existence of N172 Brooklyn minis. The analysis was thorough and ultimately convincing. Nobody knows more about Old Judges than Jay, and Joe is quickly catching up. And no one has explained the minis before, so a gold star to each of them. Great photo plates and diagrams, too.

Old 04-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

Posted By: Joe_G.

Thanks Barry (and others), The Old Judge article was fun to write and Jay is great to work with (perhaps invaluable is a better term). Among other things it helps when any and all possible pictures we wanted could be found in his collection with ease

There is so much yet that could be written about N172s. It truely is a fascinating set.

Lyman & Brett Hardeman have a great thing started with the Magazine. Any vintage baseball collector that hasn't already subscribed is missing out.

Joe Gonsowski

Old 04-12-2005, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

but easy to understand! PHotos used to maximum advantage. ALL the photographs--Scott's 1910-11 "All Star Base-Ball" set, ALL the T206 packs (dig the elephant on the Hindu pack!) were fantastic, colorful and clear. Oh--the picture of me is so much better than the original (taken with a digital camera), I couldn't believe it. You can actually tell I'm wearing a hair ornament instead of being surrounded by gnats--yeah, they did spell my last name wrong... forgiven. This is shaping up to be a great magazine. The imagination of the American Tobacco company so graphically presented really blew me away!

Brett and Lyman seem intent on SHOWING us "Old Cardboard," not just talking about it!

Old 04-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

Posted By: Scott M

As mentioned before, the plate illustrations for the OJs article and the T206 pack illustrations were excellent.

Besides the images of my ASBP set I hope that some found it interesting to find out that two complete boxes are now known of this obscure set and that Lyman and I were able to track them down and obtain good color scans/photos of both to share with the hobby.

Old 04-13-2005, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

Posted By: Scott Forrest

Scott and Jay/Joe's articles were two of the best card articles I've seen anywhere.

Julie - you're not alone. VCBC spelled my name "Forest".

Old 04-13-2005, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Default Old Cardboard

Posted By: john/z28jd

You think thats bad,they spelled my first and last name wrong,i wrote down J. for John and they put Jay instead,then get the first 4 letters of my last name wrong,Mill instead of Drek?

Now people think some character named Jay Miller(the old Boston Bruins tough guy from the late 80s i guess?) wrote this great Old Judge article.Thats the thanks i get!