NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 08:10 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodunit View Post
Story has not changed. Are you brain dead. I stated that i was bidding to win it back until i found out about the thread and the altered card. At that point i quit bidding and brent asked me to keep it going. So, how is bidding to buy it back changing when i stated i quit bidding when i found out about the fraud. Id suggest you go back and read the thread David bc youre obviously either drunk, dead brain cells or dont have the capacity for cognitive thinking and reasoning. Look at time stamps if youre confused.
Your text shows you said, "I'm bidding in 1k increments like you asked previously." So, we're you bidding to win it back for your collection, or were you bidding because you were asked? You wrote the text.

I can't decide if you're an idiot or a liar. Perhaps a bit of both.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:10 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Yes, that's what it says. The go f yourself was a text i sent him in that sequence. I obviously dont appreciate games or being accused of playing them. Lemme see if i can get the rest of that sequence.
right but a few minutes ago you said

"But, back to the shill bidding texts, here are more between Brent and me. "

where is the 'more' and you said you would post more before and after the 2 screenshots your provided. you said you have years worth i believe as well....
Old 02-16-2017, 08:11 PM
Cort.ney De.Lorme

Here ya go. This is me finding out about the dr'd card.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20170216-211026.jpg (10.3 KB, 530 views)
Old 02-16-2017, 08:11 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 02-16-2017 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:13 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Your text shows you said, "I'm bidding in 1k increments like you asked previously." So, we're you bidding to win it back for your collection, or were you bidding because you were asked? You wrote the text.

He was bidding because he says he was asked at 1000 increments, but apparently not always 1000 as they told him to stop being silly with the less than 1000 bids He is claiming he was told to shill but it does look like the other side from the few texts he provided was surprised at his shill behavior which would be contrary to his position. Would need to see more texts
Old 02-16-2017, 08:14 PM
Cort.ney De.Lorme

His 2 cents.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20170216-211252.jpg (8.9 KB, 525 views)
Old 02-16-2017, 08:15 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
did you ask for the 25k you lost on the card, he may of paid you that. Though perhaps he credited you for the money he claims you owe him which was more than 25k
Old 02-16-2017, 08:15 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:

You're confused David, and I don't blame you because it's confusing. I think what happened is that when Cortney was bidding to win, Brent asked him to bid in 1K increments because he felt that bidding in lower increments, the string bidding, looked bad.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:16 PM
Cort.ney De.Lorme

Fyi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20170216-211449.jpg (10.8 KB, 559 views)
Old 02-16-2017, 08:16 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
His 2 cents.....
So CLEARLY Brent knew and didn't disclose it
Old 02-16-2017, 08:17 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Can you please export the ENTIRE conversation? I would be more than willing to help you do this. I sent you a private message. Simply reply to that with your email address.
Cort.ney De.Lorme

Brent, at this point, Id hope youre in contact ith your attorney.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20170216-211630.jpg (8.0 KB, 445 views)
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Fyi
From that text you dont seem like you are agreeing to pay the 60k, when you said darlin you will get your 60k lmao...

but i do see you asking for an invoice as well on another text

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-16-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:21 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
You're confused David, and I don't blame you because it's confusing. I think what happened is that when Cortney was bidding to win, Brent asked him to bid in 1K increments because he felt that bidding in lower increments, the string bidding, looked bad.
No, Peter, I think you're absolutely correct. So, that corroborates Betsy's last post, right? She said his bidding didn't bode well with the auction. But that's hardly ask8ng him to shill.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:21 PM
Cort.ney De.Lorme

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 View Post
Can you please export the ENTIRE conversation? I would be more than willing to help you do this. I sent you a private message. Simply reply to that with your email address.
The "entire conversation" goes back to 2012. This is about the dimaggio, current shill accusations and refuting the unpaid debt statement.

You sent me an iphone conversation conversion. When i do it on an android, the file is too large for upload. I however will print, scan, etc.

Brent, you might start setting up shop on how to defend youurself. Im not going to state or post pics of anything but facts. But, those facts are likely to lead to a deathly ill situation for you.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:24 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
OK, this is starting to piece itself together. "JP" is John Perez, the one who consigned it Brent. They all know each other. My theory is that Cortney consigned the card to Goldin. Goldin puts it in his auction and Cortney has his friend John shill it up. Unfortunately, John ends up winning it. John then asks Cortney what he should do now. Cortney recommends that John consign it to Brent, who will then have Cortney shill it up. Half way through the auction this mess comes to light and Cortney realizes that Brent screwed him, so he’s going to stop doing Brent favors and stops bidding. I wish I knew who ended up winning it….it could make this come full circle.

Again, just a theory. I don’t have a dog in this fight, plus I’m just a $20 collector, so what the hell do I know, right Cortney? You’ve all made your own bed. Enjoy.
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Ok. There has to be an application to do that. I don't have an android but I can start looking.

The more of the conversation you can get out, the better. Does anyone have an android that knows how to do this? It may save me some time looking and figuring it out.
Cort.ney De.Lorme

This makes the 4th time ive shown this David (vintagetoppsguy). What part of this confuses you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20170216-212223.jpg (13.1 KB, 440 views)
Old 02-16-2017, 08:26 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
OK, this is starting to piece itself together. "JP" is John Perez, the one who consigned it Brent. They all know each other. My theory is that Cortney consigned the card to Goldin. Goldin puts it in his auction and Cortney has his friend John shill it up. Unfortunately, John ends up winning it. John then asks Cortney what he should do now. Cortney recommends that John consign it to Brent, who will then have Cortney shill it up. Half way through the auction this mess comes to light and Cortney realizes that Brent screwed him, so he’s going to stop doing Brent favors and stops bidding. I wish I knew who ended up winning it….it could make this come full circle.

Again, just a theory. I don’t have a dog in this fight, plus I’m just a $20 collector, so what the hell do I know, right Cortney? You’ve all made your own bed. Enjoy.
No I believe JP is JP Cohen.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:27 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
No I believe JP is JP Cohen.
That's what I thought....
Old 02-16-2017, 08:28 PM
Ben North

Quote:
This makes the 4th time ive shown this David (vintagetoppsguy). What part of this confuses you?
LOL, since you are new here I will offer some great advice. Completely ignore David and Jake and you will be much better off.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:28 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
No, Peter, I think you're absolutely correct. So, that corroborates Betsy's last post, right? She said his bidding didn't bode well with the auction. But that's hardly ask8ng him to shill.
He was then asked to bid again, as I read it, to take the top slot.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:30 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Then why does Brent write to him twice that he assured he would be outbid? How does Brent know he will be outbid unless Brent knows how high other bidders are willing to go on the card? That makes no sense to me.
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
So CLEARLY Brent knew and didn't disclose it
Dude did you also just realize the earth was round?

D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
You can show me your BS texts all you want. The fact is you're saying 2 different things. You first said that you were bidding to win it back for your collection, then you say you were bidding because you were asked to shill. You're a proven liar.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:31 PM
Cort.ney De.Lorme

Someone just brought it to my attn that in a screenshot with brent, i referenced "JP" and made mention that it might be John Perez. Im not catching all these threads but have about 100 eyes watching them for me. The "JP" I was referencing in that shot is JP Cohen of Memory Lane. He is in no way involved, affiliated or associated with ANY of these dealings or comments. Neith Cohen or Perez have anything to do with this. Their hands are clean........Brent, however, washed his in muddy waters.

Last edited by Whodunit; 02-16-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:31 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
LOL, since you are new here I will offer some great advice. Completely ignore David and Jake and you will be much better off.
Not sure why you are invoking my name but now that you did:

Ignoring Ben works for many as well. So you might as well ignore all 3 of us.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-16-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:33 PM
Cort.ney De.Lorme

Go away David. Troll other waters.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:34 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
Then why does Brent write to him twice that he assured he would be outbid? How does Brent know he will be outbid unless Brent knows how high other bidders are willing to go on the card? That makes no sense to me.
Brent may not actually 'know'. He may of said that just to get him to make that bid and if he won, it would understood he didnt have to pay for it since he was told to bid and that he would not win the card.

I wonder what transpired right after the hammer price.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-16-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:35 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Dude did you also just realize the earth was round?
got me there Peter
Old 02-16-2017, 08:35 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
You can show me your BS texts all you want. The fact is you're saying 2 different things. You first said that you were bidding to win it back for your collection, then you say you were bidding because you were asked to shill. You're a proven liar.
I think it all fits, if I am understanding it. He initially bid to win, bidding in increments. He stopped short of taking the lead position. He then decided not to bid any more having learned of the card's history. PWCC then asked him to bid again to take the top slot, saying it looked bad that he had stopped short.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-16-2017 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:36 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Quote:
Ok. There has to be an application to do that. I don't have an android but I can start looking.

The more of the conversation you can get out, the better. Does anyone have an android that knows how to do this? It may save me some time looking and figuring it out.
Ok. So, since I do not have an Andriod I asked my sister on how she did it before. She said:
  • Go to the list of conversations, aka your text message inbox.
  • Click and hold the conversation and it puts a check box next to it
  • Then at the top right there is a button that says 'save'.
  • Save it under a name and a folder where you can find it.
  • Go to the attachment button on the email and add the file to the email.
  • When someone gets that email, the text can be pasted from the email into the forum.

See if that works.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:40 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Quote:
Offense now meant. You are an idiot.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:48 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Offense now meant. You are an idiot.
What a dumbass.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:49 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Quote:
What a dumbass.
You are the only one who does not seem to get it. Do you have a reading comprehension issue or something?

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 02-16-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:52 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
You are the only one who does not seem to get it. Do you have a reading comprehension issue or something?
No dumbass. I understand it quite well. Cortney initially said that he bid on the card for his own collection. Then he said he bid on it because he was asked to shill. Two conflicting statements.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:53 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Someone just brought it to my attn that in a screenshot with brent, i referenced "JP" and made mention that it might be John Perez. Im not catching all these threads but have about 100 eyes watching them for me. The "JP" I was referencing in that shot is JP Cohen of Memory Lane. He is in no way involved, affiliated or associated with ANY of these dealings or comments. Neith Cohen or Perez have anything to do with this. Their hands are clean........Brent, however, washed his in muddy waters.
OK, fair enough.

Out of curiosity, though, do you know John Perez?
Old 02-16-2017, 08:53 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
No dumbass. I understand it quite well. Cortney initially said that he bid on the card for his own collection. Then he said he bid on it because he was asked to shill. Two conflicting statements.
Peter said

"I think it all fits, if I am understanding it. He initially bid to win, bidding in increments. He stopped short of taking the lead position. He then decided not to bid any more having learned of the card's history. PWCC then asked him to bid again to take the top slot, saying it looked bad that he had stopped short. "

that would not conflict
Old 02-16-2017, 08:57 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Peter said

"I think it all fits, if I am understanding it. He initially bid to win, bidding in increments. He stopped short of taking the lead position. He then decided not to bid any more having learned of the card's history. PWCC then asked him to bid again to take the top slot, saying it looked bad that he had stopped short. "

that would not conflict
Good lord. It is not your responsibility to correct him post after moronic post. Just let him soak in the stupidity and move on.

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 02-16-2017 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:06 PM
Cort.ney De.Lorme

Phillipabbot, how do you argue with that level of stupid from david? He cant comprehend bidding to win, finding out it was dr'd, stopping bidding for0 that reason and then being asked to top the bid and "i assure you that you will be outbid". I tried to fill him in on timestamps, but even that didnt help. My guess is he hit his head extremely hard on a truck moving in excess of 60mph.

Im working on exporting the rest of the conversation, but what is dated the 8th was essentially the last time i texted him.......asking for the 60k inv (of which i still have not received).....trigger....betsy.

What is prior to the shots ive shown tonight go much deeper than the dimaggio. My guess is that not only will they be shown here, they will be subpoenaed in court as my attorneys have already done so for my phone (same # for 17 yrs).

As for multiple ebay ids, i have 2 accts and my wife has one. I use all 3 accts in an effort to keep people from knowing what all im bidding on. Evay id letters are easy to follow, which is why many of us have multiple accts and change ids monthly.......it keeps the investigators in the hobby off our scent. It's hardly a new idea or frowned upon idea. Both of my accts are linked to one paypal acct and all you need is a new email to set up as many accts as you want.

Again, this is not about losing 25-30k on a card; that's happened many times, it's about being lied to and fraud. If i didnt have my tracks covered 110%, with all ive thrown at brent today, id have kept my mouth shut for legal reasons. However, he's in for the fight of his life, he just hasnt been "served"......yet.

That said, watch out brent. ;-)
Old 02-16-2017, 09:12 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Good lord. It is not your responsibility to correct him post after moronic post. Just let him soak in the stupidity and move on.

Sorry, but excuse me for not trusting Cortney when his only character witness in this thread said, "Cortney, you have zero credibility as a human being." Re-read post 371 again. I haven't read of anyone coming forward to vouch for him. Then, I look at his bid retractions. Check out his eBay user ID. I don't have that many bid retraction in my 14 years on eBay, let alone in the last 6 months. Then he insults the board with his $20 collector comment. You can make your own judgements, I'll make mine. But quit being a prick!
Old 02-16-2017, 09:14 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Sorry, but excuse me for not trusting Cortney when his only character witness in this thread said, "Cortney, you have zero credibility as a human being." Re-read post 371 again. I haven't read of anyone coming forward to vouch for him. Then, I look at his bid retractions. Check out his eBay user ID. I don't have that many bid retraction in my 14 years on eBay, let alone in the last 6 months. Then he insults the board with his $20 collector comment. You can make your own judgements, I'll make mine. But quit being a prick!
I vouched for his recitation of the history of the DiMaggio card -- wasn't this thread about that card at one point?

Old 02-16-2017, 09:15 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Quote:
No. You keep insisting he said something he did not, and then he keeps saying the same thing back to you, literally over and over again and you just don't seem to get it.

Like, at what point do you realize you look like a complete and utter moron?

Seriously. Please tell me. The board has a right to know when they will get a break from it.

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 02-16-2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:17 PM
Kenny Cole

IMO, this thread is very disappointing and disheartening to those of us who simply want to buy the cards we are interested in without paying too much or thinking we got shilled. That is true at any level of the purchase, Too bad. I personally think both parties suck and have zero respect for both.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:17 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
I vouched for his recitation of the history of the DiMaggio card -- wasn't this thread about that card at one point?
I'm talking about vouching for him on a personal level. And unless I've missed something, I haven't seen it proven that Brent's the one that had the card doctored.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:19 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
I'm talking about vouching for him on a personal level. And unless I've missed something, I haven't seen it proven that Brent's the one that had the card doctored.
My guess is that if you were given proof you would still argue. You want to see things the way you want to see them which makes it very frustrating to try to discuss this with you.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:20 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
ph.

Im working on exporting the rest of the conversation, but what is dated the 8th was essentially the last time i texted him.......asking for the 60k inv (of which i still have not received).....trigger....betsy.

-)
Just to clear this portion, IF you got an invoice for 60k, would you be paying it? (You keep saying you have not received it yet and some may think that is why you may not have paid)
Old 02-16-2017, 09:22 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
So now you say it was doctored, before you were resisting that proposition vigorously?

In any case it's irrelevant. Brent bought the card as an SGC 50 and submitted it to PSA after the work was done. He knew it was the same card. Who cares if he or someone else commissioned the work? Most likely the person he bought it for (according to Betsy) did the work himself, or farmed it out.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-16-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:31 PM
James
James Kin.chen

I am having a hard time reading the dates on the first text messages but they look like 2/2/17 at 11:34 AM. If this is correct, these text were sent more than a day before this thread started on 2/3/17 at 4:33 PM. The text were one day and five hours before this became public knowledge. Even if the text date is 2/3/17, it is still five hours before this thread started. Cortney said he stopped bidding once he was made aware of this thread. When he stopped, Brent told him to keep bidding. It looks to me like in the text messages Brent/Besty were complaining about the way Cortney was bidding BEFORE this thread started. I believe Besty's explanation about the bid increments more than I believe Cortney's story about Brent telling him to shill the auction.
James
Old 02-16-2017, 09:37 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Quote:
So now you say it was doctored, before you were resisting that proposition vigorously?
He just says whatever is in direct argument at that point in time. Isn't that obvious by now?
Closed Thread