NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-22-2017, 11:28 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Default OT: What is the best eBay listing tool

I have been using Sixbit for the past few years but am getting frustrated with some invoicing bugs which they have not been able to fix.

For the eBay Sellers out there, which listing tool would you recommend?

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 03-22-2017, 12:28 PM
Larry More.y

I have used sixbit for years and have been satisfied. Any of my (listing) bugs have been addressed by installing their latest updates. Now, I ONLY use sixbit for listing....I use none of their other features. I complete all of my other tasks through the ebay selling manager without issue. Not sure what issues you have experienced using the ebay selling manager, but I recommend using sixbit for listing and the ebay selling manager for all other functions.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:11 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

One of the issues that I've had for the past few months has been when I create an invoice for a buyer who has won multiple items. For some reason, it does not pick up all the items. So, if a buyer won 10 items, the invoice might only show 7. It happens several times a week and it can be real frustrating.
Lately, I have been creating the invoices via eBay without a problem.

But, the worst issue is that Sixbit does not upload all the tracking info. A few months back I lost my Top Rated Selling status because the tracking #'s were not uploaded for all my items. It made no sense because I sent out all winning items within 24 hours and assumed that Sixbit uploaded the tracking information. What I found out is that if a buyer won multiple items, Sixbit only uploaded the tracking information for 1 item in the group. So, if a buyer won 10 items and I processed the items for shipment, only 1 item had their tracking information uploaded. I now process the payments via eBay and all tracking info gets uploaded.

Sixbit tried to figure out what was going on. They logged in remotely to my desktop and saw the issue but had no fix for it.

I'd be curious to know if other Sellers have experienced similar issues. Check to see if tracking info is getting uploaded for buyers who have won multiple items.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 03-22-2017, 01:18 PM
Jeff Lowe

Default I use Inkfrog

I have been using Inkfrog for the past 10 years and though there are some issues I found it very good for managing multiple accounts . I have 5 eBay names and manage my fathers also and I don't think that I could do it without . There maybe better interfaces now that I have not explored .
Old 03-22-2017, 05:22 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

I also have used Inkfrog for many years. This year I decided to stop using them because they rolled out a new version and have offered very little support for the old version. Be aware that if you ever decide to break away from Inkfrog, you will need to manually reload all of your photographs to your eBay items. Also, if you are using any of their templates, you will need to re enter all of that information on eBay as well. Basically if you start using them, you will be married to them. I have found that I can accomplish most of the same Inkfrog functions by using Selling Manager and folders on my computer. I would imagine that when you start using any listing service you will have similar problems if you ever want to break away.

Jeff
Old 03-22-2017, 08:11 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
I would imagine that when you start using any listing service you will have similar problems if you ever want to break away.
This was exactly the reason that I went with the Simple Store software that our own Bob Freedman (hi Bob) runs as a companion to his Simple Auction platform. I had been using a series of Excel spreadsheets to catalog my inventory and generate .csv files for uploading to eBay with their TurboLister tool. For various reasons, I was looking for something different than TL, and was able to migrate over to listing via the Simple Store software relatively painlessly. There was a bit of a learning curve, as with any new software, but I did not have to re-enter thousands of listings, which was the only reason I was able to make the break. It was just a matter of re-configuring my spreadsheets, re-uploading the images to their ftp server, and then pushing everything out to eBay. It was a bit pricier on the front end to get started, but having used them for about 3 years now, I am pleased with the relative ease with which I can generate new listings, push them up to eBay, pull them down if need be, and the auto-relist feature they have implemented is an incredible time-saver. I'm sure there are ways to do it cheaper, but I couldn't imagine holding down a full-time job, spending time with my family, AND managing the 16k+ active listings that I have posted on eBay without something like this. There is a point where time-saving features become a necessity to keep all the plates spinning.

And no, Bob did not pay me to say any of this, or even request my endorsement