NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Default Welcome to the new Net 54 Vintage Memorabilia forum!

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Since Leon and I took over this project we have made it a goal of ours to see this site expand and continue to grow. So we're happy today to announce that we've added another quality section to our already thriving forum. We're hoping that everyone will benefit from having this new memorabilia board as a part of our community. Leon and I could honestly not think of any drawbacks that would come from such an expansion. This will provide our valued board members with a comfortable area where they may discuss photos, equipment, autographs, etc..etc.. to their satisfaction, as well as allowing the content on the main board to retain it's focus - therefore appeasing those who want the board to remain strictly for cards. We view this as a "win-win" and hopefully you all will as well.

Like Leon says, this will be a work in progress. We may tweak this and make adjustments to it's focus, layout, etc... in the future based on your feedback, but for now treat it as you would every other page on the board. This board will share the same chatroom, BST pages and rules in general as the main board so yes, it is essentially just another page on our site. As always, you may navigate back and forth between the pages using the links at the top. Please notice the new icons which I've placed on both the new Memorabilia page as well as our current homepage. These will be your links that will allow you to migrate back and forth.

Please let us know of any questions or concerns you all may have. We're looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Best Regards and happy posting,

Brian McQueen
redmaccie@hotmail.com

Old 05-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Well Brian, hate to do this to you kiddo, but...no apostrophe in "its". Everybody has to hear it from me once. But great forum, and I've already posted.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Anddd with that correction of the infamous it's/its, I do believe that Barry has officially christened this forum. lolol. It is now underway in earnest.

One question for Brian, knowing that you probably have a million things to do so this isn't urgent at all. Is there some switch you have to throw so that when I open the page of topics, anything I've already clicked on appears in a different color?

J

Old 05-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Joann,

Actually, there was a switch! Well, perhaps not a switch, but a way to change that easily. Those links should change color now after you visit them.

I just noticed the "Main Index" links on the individual thread pages was steering people back to the main board. I adjusted that just now to point to the Memorabilia main page.

Hope this helps,
Brian

Old 05-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason Mishelow

There is no edit option- was this intentional?

Old 05-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I feel so liberated!!!

I think this forum is going to get a lot of action. No matter how hard I tried to direct people to the Game Used site I just couldn't get them to post over there. Now that everyone from the baseball card forum can post here without registering I don't think we'll have a problem.

edited to test the editing funcion.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: greg

Thank you Brian and Leon, most appreciated...

I agree with Dan, the Game Used Forum site is very good, but there were only a half dozen or so of us posting with any regularity on there.

Thanks again,
Greg

Old 05-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Murray

Brian:

Page down function not working.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Might have to get you to describe that one a little more.

Brian

Old 05-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Max Weder

Clicking on the "Bottom of Page" link does not take you to the bottom of the page.

Its frustrating as well when your not able to edit you're posts

Old 05-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Ahhh now I see. Ok....the "Top" and "Bottom" links are now both working....

Brian

Old 05-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Not sure how much posting I will be doing over here but I will be enjoying reading. As of this moment even I am having issues with the functionality. Whatever is on the baseball forum should be able to be done here. I went into the control panel just now and this forum is set to have all of the same functions, for everyone, as the baseball one. Hang in there and BE CAREFUL POSTING until we figure this out..You won't be able to edit your posts......regards

Old 05-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Leon, let me know if you're having any specific issues. The Edit post functionality should be working.

B

Old 05-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Brian, I have only one request. Is there someway to get the photobucket feature that the card forum has. It makes it much easier to post pics for those of us with a photobucket account.

Thanks!

Old 05-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

It is now Brian...it wasn't a few minutes ago, at least for me and I think a few others. I think this forum could be a good thing....but only time will tell....thanks again for all of your diligent work....I couldn't have done it without you.....

Old 05-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Clint

Thanks Brian and Leon for the time and effort. It's much appreciated:).

-Clint

Old 05-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Fortunately, many of these "bugs" you guys are finding are simple little "options" that need to be switched on in the site's backend platform. Dan, your Photobucket option should be back now.

Brian

Old 05-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe K.

Thanks guys!! I am looking forward to posting. I hope this forum gets a lot of activity. If it does I am going to have to figure out how to carve out time each day to keep up with the posts.

-Joe
http://www.geocities.com/vintagesportscollector/

Old 05-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Joe, I've always wondered how you keep the moths from your jerseys. That is an awesome display of jerseys. I see you've updated your site. Very nice.

-Clint

Old 05-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Thanks Clint. I don't do anything special to keep moths away. So far I have been lucky and haven't experienced any problems. I do take the jerseys off the rack on occassion to air them out. If a moth ever got into the room it would think it had died and gone to heaven...it's a wool flannel smorgasboard!! My only issues are dust and I really don't keep up with that. Just too hard to dust around everything. Dust is the only thing my wife complains about. It drives her crazy...to me it just adds to the feel of the room .

Old 05-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Clint, when are you going to show us pics of your memorabilia room...I know you have to have one.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Administrator

I was just about to ask the same thing. Clint- I know you've got some great stuff, so stop teasing us. Would love to see some pics of your displays!!

Old 05-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

That is one amazing memorabilia room!

very cool.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Well guys I don't have a real display room but can put together some stuff tomorrow. Here's a bat rack my dad and I made. Not real happy with the top sign and probably will redo it sometime. Got a new camera so the pictures should be better as well.

-Clint

Old 05-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: mr. moses

to be here although I think I'm only going to use monosyllabic words and short sentences as Barry is always looking over my shoulder. He's like a terrorist but more active. With apologies to the two other memorabilia related forums that I signed in on yesterday and the day before; it really was becoming more work to log into another site with a different look and set of rules. Although new to even the concept of forums - my personal limit is two of these forum sites. I hope you are not offended as I am still inclined to read what's been written and posted there, it's just hard to make that one of what has become a scheduled stop for me first and last thing in the day (actually night as I have NO rules that govern when and what I do:-)).

PS Barry- I met the soup nazi when he first opened a slightly smaller store (hard to believe) near the one made famous by Sienfeld. He sold baby back ribs and had 2/3 varieties of soup. He was there only VERY short period of time. I used to go to the watch clock shop at lunch when I worked at the Metropolitan Opera. The seafood, lobster, and shrimp soups were without doubt the BEST I have ever had bar none. He and I have actually spoken a few times and as of 1998 anyway - he still remembered me and would talk to me much to the chagrin of dem what wuz standing in line. I was thinking of opening a franchise or sumptin in downtown Brooklyn years ago but abandoned the idea.