NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Graig Kreindler

Default 1927 NY Yankees jacket...

Hey all,

I was wondering whether any of you had ever seen a NY Yankees (circa) 1927 jacket up for sale, auction or in a private collection anywhere before. What I'm looking for can be seen in the following photo of Ruth and Durocher:

I've seen a '21 sweater auctioned off in the past, as well as Gehrig's '39 sweater from Ford's collection, but never anything in between. Being a stickler for historical accuracy, the look of these sorts of things in living color is an invaluable resources for my work (as you all probably know). In particular, I am most interested in learning about the buttons from the jacket, as I am making a small painting for a client (you know who you are) based on the below photo:

I know, I know, it's an odd request. After doing a lot of searching, I've noticed that Mitchell & Ness sells/sold a replica Yankees '27 jacket, and their buttons are blue. Now, they have been wrong with their jersey/jacket characteristics before, so I'm not sure how much I actually trust them. I thought maybe someone on these boards would be able to help.

If anyone can lend a hand in any way, please feel free to contact me via email/PM/phone/smoke signal. Also, to see examples of my work, feel free to check out my website.

Graig
gkreindler@gmail.com
www.graigkreindler.com
Old 10-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Phil Nap

Photo sent. Looking forward to getting the finished product on my wall.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Al

Default Jacket

Graig,
I went thru my 27 yankees and I dont have any yankees with the jacket on. The only pic I have is Urban Shocker with a sweater on from 1925. Maybe Jimmy may have something more. Regards Al

Last edited by batsballsbases; 02-15-2016 at 06:46 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:09 AM

Hi, Graig. Years ago the Hof had Miler Huggins' jacket on display. I took pictures, and have them somewhere (pre-digital days.) I'll try to find--and than scan--a pic.

Still lovin' that painting!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Graig Kreindler

You guys ROCK!! Thanks so much for helping me out.

Those Shocker photos are KILLER, batsballsbases. Any idea who took them? They almost look Conlonesque, but I wasn't sure...

And David, I still love that painting too! I'm so glad it's in a good home.

Thanks again all...
Old 10-16-2009, 02:33 PM

This is the best I could find. Gehrig's "Appreciation Day" trophy, with Huggins' 1927 jacket behind it. The color is off (florescent lights), but you can get an idea of the contrast between the buttons and the blue wool.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks for the photo, David. I think I have a good idea of what these buttons should look like. What's weird is that the buttons from that jacket (and another that someone else took from the HoF) all seem flat. In the photo of Ruth, they seem to have more dimension to them, as well as some warmth by the little holes for the thread...

I wonder whether the buttons were restored? Damn, this stuff is hard.