NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Dallas (Allen) Area Card Show- Saturday Dec. 10th at Hampton Inn at 75N & Stacy

There is a card show this weekend, the 10th and next weekend the 17th, in Allen Tx, right off of 75N and Stacy Rd, at the Hampton Inn in front of the Allen Outlet Mall. I will have a few cases of pre-war. Admission is free and of course parking is free (this is the show for Alan!!). This is a very small show with only 8-10 dealers. There is a larger one planned in the future. There will be another show the 17th at the same place, to take advantage of holiday traffic, but I doubt I will set up at that one. The show is from 9am-4pm and I think I am leaving at 2:30pm to go to my daughter's HS choir recital. Anyone in the Dallas or North Dallas area I hope you will come over and check it out. I doubt there will be too much more vintage although there might be some, but I will have at least a few cases. Some of the stuff hasn't been seen yet otherwise......best regards

http://www.dallascardshow.com/

Old 12-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Rich Klein

Default At the very least I'll sit with you for a while

Let me know if you want me to bring any cards. We could do the 19th and 21st century table with not ONE 20th century card

Rich
Old 12-07-2011, 07:17 PM

Leon - You know if I was in Dallas I would be there for sure.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Jay Shelton

Leon:
I will try to make this one. Hope to bring my oldest, too, and see if I can get him interested in baseball cards!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Hey Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayworld View Post
Leon:
I will try to make this one. Hope to bring my oldest, too, and see if I can get him interested in baseball cards!
Hey Jay
Sounds great. Always good to expose the younger crowd to our world of miniature masterpieces.

Rich- I only was able to get a hold of 2 cases but bring some cards and we can figure it out. The more the merrier!! Even if I don't sell anything it's akin to the old adage, "a bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!!". We can handily substitute card show for golf. Hope to see a few folks come out.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Rich Klein

Default Well, there might be a slight change in plans

My car was totaled last night -- Original xrays show bumps and bruises -- my chiro thinks I may have cracked one rib. Taking a couple of days off from work --- recuperating mainly.

Thankfully the poice officer said to us that he was going to post that the accident was the other person's fault (which it was) -- he came out of a side street and never saw my car

Rich
Old 12-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
My car was totaled last night -- Original xrays show bumps and bruises -- my chiro thinks I may have cracked one rib. Taking a couple of days off from work --- recuperating mainly.

Thankfully the poice officer said to us that he was going to post that the accident was the other person's fault (which it was) -- he came out of a side street and never saw my car

Rich
Rich- glad you are ok!!! Sorry to hear about the issue and hope you weren't juggling baseball cards when it happened (for everyone that knows Rich you know what I mean) .
Old 12-10-2011, 03:32 PM
David H.

Enjoyed the show today! It has been quite awhile since I have been to one, and I don't know if I've ever seen a dealer with more per-war vintage/unique cards than Leon.

I also appreciate the fact that Leon was willing to spend a good bit of time with my son and I talking cards.

I hope the show continues to expand!
Old 12-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Joe

Hey Leon - just now reading this post! Sorry I missed it! I'll try to attend if you participate in another Dallas show in the future.

I can tell my wife she can shop at the outlet - win win for everyone. Good strategy - right?

Joe
Old 12-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper1927 View Post
Enjoyed the show today! It has been quite awhile since I have been to one, and I don't know if I've ever seen a dealer with more per-war vintage/unique cards than Leon.

I also appreciate the fact that Leon was willing to spend a good bit of time with my son and I talking cards.

I hope the show continues to expand!
Hey DH,
It was good seeing you and your son too. Always good seeing board members at shows. I saw Jay and his sons also though Jay was chasing his youngest a good bit of the time. I didn't remember what it was like chasing a 4-5 yrs old . I do now. I hope the show continues also. Shows are so much better on a personal basis than the internet. I know the Dallas Card Show guys are planning another next week to catch holiday traffic and then one a month after that. I am probably going to set up at some of the monthly ones. Sales weren't great but were made. I mainly wanted to support a local show. It was a lot of fun and hope to see others come out in the future.....best regards

ps....Yes, Joe, I think that strategy of wife shopping while you collect at a show should work!!

Last edited by Leon; 12-11-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:04 PM
David H.

Default January 21st

Is anyone going to the Dallas Card Show this weekend?
Old 01-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper1927 View Post
Is anyone going to the Dallas Card Show this weekend?
I will be there walking around, not setting up this time, at around 1130.....meeting another hobbyist to give him a DiMaggio photo.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:18 AM
Rich Klein

Default Show will be

3rd Saturday of each month. I think they are transitioning to free admission.

Rich